Cannot Aim To Save My Life

_0YrdScreamer

I have 400 hours in War Thunder, somehow I have managed to make it to rank IV in the Soviet Air Tree. But I cannot Aim. No matter what, I just don't hit my shots, I then get 1 shot by everyone else. I have watched all the videos on how to aim but they don't help. Even if someone is in a straight line I cant aim. It doesn't help that Soviet planes have no Ammo either. I have to pay 13k repair cost every game because I get 0 kills. 

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, _0YrdScreamer said:

Even if someone is in a straight line I cant aim.

Its harder to shoot someone which is flying straight infront of you as he has a small profile - a turning target is always a bigger target.

Conentrate on flying and getting close - if you are close you will hit, the more you hit the more proficient you get and the further away you can open up on him.

2 hours ago, _0YrdScreamer said:

It doesn't help that Soviet planes have no Ammo either.

Play the La-5´s and only do super short bursts 4-8 shots.

Edited by Noir89
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Noir89 said:

Its harder to shoot someone which is flying straight infront of you as he has a small profile - a turning target is always a bigger target.

Conentrate on flying and getting close - if you are close you will hit, the more you hit the more proficient you get and the further away you can open up on him.

Play the La-5´s and only do super short bursts 4-8 shots.

I do. I mean genuinly I will be about 0.2 km away from the enemy, they will be turning and I will miss, overshoot and die. People say the Yak-3U is amazing, maybe it is but I always die in it :(

8 hours ago, _0YrdScreamer said:

I do. I mean genuinly I will be about 0.2 km away from the enemy, they will be turning and I will miss, overshoot and die. People say the Yak-3U is amazing, maybe it is but I always die in it

I recommend to use the test flight option. U have usually a bunch of friendly bombers on each map. Train there as they don't shoot back. 

Based on lot of WW2 books i read - usually less successful pilots had a "underlead" problem, so increasing your lead might help too.

And tbh - 0.2 km is way too close - keeping your distance is essential to avoid overshooting and it helps to stay on their six in case of sudden movements....