Help requested - "Compressor"

Lady_Etaski

Hello,

in some WIki articles (example: Mosquito FB Mk VI ) there are mentions of a compressor.

"It is a good idea to set the compressor to the 2nd position while not using WEP at low altitudes in Realistic Battles. This will prevent the engines overheating, and will generate almost as much power as they do on 1st compressor's position with WEP. This will maximize motors' efficiency, especially because there is no need to open the radiator and increase drag. "

I am just doing my first steps with Manual Engine Control... I can control fuel mixture, radiators and prop... but no compressor can be found.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

- Etaski the eternal newbie

Don't quote me on this but, I think in the manual control settings you can actually do a search in the menu for specifics. May be some one will help more on this topic.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

55 minutes ago, Intrspace said:

I believe they mean the Supercharger, but it's kinda weird to be using 2nd gear on low altitudes even if it prevents overheating

In real life you wouldn't do this because it would overboost the engine, which could cause damage. However, this is not modeled in WT, so...I guess send it?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

This thread may be more than you're looking for, but it's an in depth coverage of aircraft performance under MEC with recommendations for lots of aircraft. It covers the various key binds as well for the different aspects.