Kurnass lost AIM-7

BadOpinionHaver

The radar never had a CW antenna required for the AIM-7 guidance.

There was another guidance type in the later AIM-7F/M but the K2K never carried them still, it was meant for ground attack only because israel had better air superiority fighters

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

@BadOpinionHaver I think you need to wait until dev consider early fighter aircraft 12.0 with BVRAAM F-15A Baz under F-4E Kurnass 2000 next quarter or early Q4 this year 

0308014.jpg

AM2_4180-Edit-scaled.jpg?auto=webp&optim

IAF-F-15-BAZ-TOPSHOT-scaled.jpg?auto=web

Y65.png 

Edited by oom1992
medal

21 hours ago, oom1992 said:

@BadOpinionHaver I think you need to wait until dev consider early fighter aircraft 12.0 with BVRAAM F-15A Baz under F-4E Kurnass 2000 next quarter or early Q4 this year 

0308014.jpg

AM2_4180-Edit-scaled.jpg?auto=webp&optim

IAF-F-15-BAZ-TOPSHOT-scaled.jpg?auto=web

Y65.png  

I have a feeling they’ll make the F-15A a 12.3 aircraft at least at first as in theory it should have similar flight performance to the MiG-29 and F-16 but with a better radar and more missiles.

medal

1 hour ago, BearHasLanded said:

I have a feeling they’ll make the F-15A a 12.3 aircraft at least at first as in theory it should have similar flight performance to the MiG-29 and F-16 but with a better radar and more missiles.

I guess F-15A Baz might be at 12.3 because BVR SARH like F-15A from USAF but carries IR AAM 4x Python 3, integrated laser guided bomb & glide bomb but F-15A (USAF) limited IR AAM 4x AIM-9L & unguided Air-to-Ground ordiance only

medal

13 minutes ago, oom1992 said:

I guess F-15A Baz might be at 12.3 because BVR SARH like F-15A from USAF but carries IR AAM 4x Python 3, integrated laser guided bomb & glide bomb but F-15A (USAF) limited IR AAM 4x AIM-9L & unguided Air-to-Ground ordiance only

They'll probably hold off on the guided bombs and all that, the Kfir C.7 should have similar air to ground loadouts as it was their primary strike aircraft at the time but Gaijin left that off and just gave it dumb bombs.

Will still have to see what they do about the Python 3 though, I can just picture all the USA mains crying over the Israeli's getting a better F-15A so Gaijin might not give it to them straight away.

medal

• Suggestion Moderator
26 minutes ago, BearHasLanded said:

They'll probably hold off on the guided bombs and all that, the Kfir C.7 should have similar air to ground loadouts as it was their primary strike aircraft at the time but Gaijin left that off and just gave it dumb bombs.

The Kfir C.7 only used LGBs very late in service and only did so after the installation of a Pave Penny pod under the nose which couldn't mark it's own targets and thus isn't really implementable in the way aircraft systems work in War Thunder at the moment. Either way the in-game model doesn't have that pod equipped so it physically has no way to guide such weaponry.

The same isn't true for the F-15A Baz.

30 minutes ago, BearHasLanded said:

gave it dumb bombs

well thats all it carried in terms of what can be implemented in game, it had CBUs aswell but these aren't present in game. It had laser guided bombs, but it could not self designate these and therefore like other aircraft that cannot self designate its laser guided munitions it doesn't get them.

medal medal

49 minutes ago, yoyolast said:

The Kfir C.7 only used LGBs very late in service and only did so after the installation of a Pave Penny pod under the nose which couldn't mark it's own targets and thus isn't really implementable in the way aircraft systems work in War Thunder at the moment. Either way the in-game model doesn't have that pod equipped so it physically has no way to guide such weaponry.

The same isn't true for the F-15A Baz.

Kfir C.7 equip LGB and AN/AAS-35(V) Pave Penny like A-10A ?,  Why haven't I been told about this ? 

F-15 Baz without targeting pod but not sure carries LGB ?

medal

• Suggestion Moderator
38 minutes ago, oom1992 said:

Kfir C.7 equip LGB and AN/AAS-35(V) Pave Penny like A-10A ?,  Why haven't I been told about this ? 

F-15 Baz without targeting pod but not sure carries LGB ?

I don't think it carried LGBs but I have seen a photo of it with TV guided bombs.

18 minutes ago, yoyolast said:

I don't think it carried LGBs but I have seen a photo of it with TV guided bombs.

Brief is Kfir C.7 equip TV guided bombs and AN/AAS-35(V) Pave Penny 

F-15A Baz without targeting pod but not sure that carries TV guided bomb & GBU-15 glide bomb ?

medal

• Suggestion Moderator
5 minutes ago, oom1992 said:

Kfir C.7 never carried TV guided bombs. the Pave Penny pod was an installation done late in service and isn't present on the model we have in the game.

On 6/16/2023 at 4:16 AM, oom1992 said:

F-15A Baz without targeting pod but not sure that carries TV guided bomb & GBU-15 glide bomb ?

The Israeli Air Force announced that they used GBU-15 bombs during the Operation Wooden Leg, and this information is readily available through a simple search.

Edited by trash game
medal medal