USSR fuel explosions way to common

so iv reached maxed br in the ussr tanks and i can say 90% of my deaths are from stupid 1 tap fuel explosions

10% ammo

crew knock outs 0

look i get u guys want that into the game for more of a "realistic" feel but when Russia uses diesel as a fuel and natio uses diesel why on gods name dose nato tanks just burn and ussr just explode i hardly burn like why do i get to buy fpe its pointless i never get to use the dam thing

simple fix ether reduce the fuel explosion chance or copy whatever code plagues the USSR tanks to nato  cuz whats annoying is being 1 tap from the front slop 1 tap from the sides and rear and o yea 1 tap in the turret like why make it worse

• Haha 5
  • Confused 11
  • Upvote 2

Top tier revolves around quick reaction times and being able to one shot the opponent, Russian tanks already have non-exploding ammo racks, amazing anti-spalling, shell eating ERA, a low profile, and amazing frontal armor, you also want Fuel tanks that don't explode and just absorb even more shots?

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 10
medal medal medal

55 minutes ago, _RemiliaScarlet__ said:

Top tier revolves around quick reaction times and being able to one shot the opponent, Russian tanks already have non-exploding ammo racks, amazing anti-spalling, shell eating ERA, a low profile, and amazing frontal armor, you also want Fuel tanks that don't explode and just absorb even more shots?

no what im pointing out is how the fuel det chances is and both country's nato and none nato use the same fuel diesel so why is it that only ussr use liquid tnt as its diesel and nato just use water that burns im just wondering why tf its so out of wack fine u want 1 tap on fuel tanks great then make that for everybody not just ussr theres no point in having fpe if u can never use it iv not once had a fire just fuel dets mate something isnt right and none exploding ammo u joking me mate if its not the fuel det is ammo det and i only take 16 shots max u guys and this hole ussr bias thing is bs and AMAZING FRONTAL ARMOUR  haaaaaaaahaaaaa dudde i could **** on it and it would explode the fuel or ammo anything gos through a mbt from ussr u want broken and unbalanced adats "anti air " that can pen 900mm of armour spam 8 of them rockets leopard 2as that can eat anything from the front u but u wont talk about that

Edited by RaidingBandit899
  • Confused 10

USSR fuel explodes more often than NATO fuel because of the fuel tank placement. Russia's fuel tanks are located in commonly shot at spots.

17 minutes ago, RaidingBandit899 said:

leopard 2as that can eat anything from the front

If Leo 2s are eating everything from the front, you need to aim better.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, RaidingBandit899 said:

no what im pointing out is how the fuel det chances is and both country's nato and none nato use the same fuel diesel so why is it that only ussr use liquid tnt as its diesel and nato just use water that burns

So then you would also have no problem with NATO (likely referring to every other nation in the game, as China should be included here too.) vehicles recieving the same spalling modifiers, armor values, and ammo detonation chance as well, if the concern here is a discrepancy in performance.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Ion_Protogen said:

USSR fuel explodes more often than NATO fuel because of the fuel tank placement. Russia's fuel tanks are located in commonly shot at spots.

If Leo 2s are eating everything from the front, you need to aim better.

lol ok yea atgms tandams sabot bouncing off or just  a hit yea right even side hits i just think that each fuel should have the same chance in exploding

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RaidingBandit899 said:

lol ok yea atgms tandams sabot bouncing off or just  a hit yea right even side hits i just think that each fuel should have the same chance in exploding

I checked your ground k/d ratio and I have to say that we are talking about a massive skill issue in your case!

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

8 hours ago, RaidingBandit899 said:

simple fix ether reduce the fuel explosion chance or copy whatever code plagues the USSR tanks to nato  cuz whats annoying is being 1 tap from the front slop 1 tap from the sides and rear and o yea 1 tap in the turret like why make it worse

This stuff already happens to certain Nato and western vehicles like the Leclerc and Type 10

Also non explosive ammo in the USSR top tier tanks is stupidly broken

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

As pointed out by others, the Leclerc and Type 10 also suffer from fuel explosions.

My best guess is that it's a crutch for players that are struggling to kill certain tanks, kind of like mantlets that are all weak for the sake of gameplay. As evidenced by the amount of people that unironically pretend that you can't ammorack Soviet tanks, they're probably the same kind of people that shoot the right side of a Leclerc when they are in front of it...

It would be nice to see it gone, but don't count on it too much.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, TenPoundsOfSalt said:

As pointed out by others, the Leclerc and Type 10 also suffer from fuel explosions.

My best guess is that it's a crutch for players that are struggling to kill certain tanks, kind of like mantlets that are all weak for the sake of gameplay. As evidenced by the amount of people that unironically pretend that you can't ammorack Soviet tanks, they're probably the same kind of people that shoot the right side of a Leclerc when they are in front of it...

It would be nice to see it gone, but don't count on it too much.

In my experience, out of all the top tier MBTs, the Leclerc is the one suffering the most from fuel explosions, second are Russian tanks and last is the Type 10.
However, 90% of the time a Russian MBT dies from a fuel explosion, it would have died because of the ammorack being destroyed anyway so this is mostly a non issue for Russian MBTs ...

Considering how often Russian MBTs magically survive ammoracks, most of the time because the fuel tanks absorb spalling, or how overperforming their ERA is, it's only fair that they die from time to time to fuel explosions ...

Edited by totolescargo
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, totolescargo said:

In my experience, out of all the top tier MBTs, the Leclerc is the one suffering the most from fuel explosions, second are Russian tanks and last is the Type 10.
However, 90% of the time a Russian MBT dies from a fuel explosion, it would have died because of the ammorack being destroyed anyway so this is mostly a non issue for Russian MBTs ...

Pretty much same experience, the Leclerc is mostly fuel tank, Soviet tanks are a one pen kill anyway, due to their cramped nature you're going for all three kill causes in a single shot. The Type 10 is mostly dying of crew loss and ammorack.

Disagree on the idea that the fuel explosion would have been a kill 90% of the time tho. It would be accurate if people took full ammo loadouts in battle, wich would fill the fuel tanks ammoracks on T-XXs, but when you hit the back fuel tanks, either trough the side or engine and it blows up for free, it doesn't feel less unwaranted than the Leclerc dying to it's side fuel tanks.

1 hour ago, totolescargo said:

Considering how often Russian MBTs magically survive ammoracks, most of the time because the fuel tanks absorb spalling, or how overperforming their ERA is, it's only fair that they die from time to time to fuel explosions ...

Fuel tanks should absorb spalling, stuff doesn't like to travel fast trough liquids. However fuel tanks walls should produce spalling when the shell exits. Dun know, dun care, about the ERA seen people claim any and everything about it. To me Soviet tanks are the easiest to face because they have little advantage over NATO tanks, and whatever they do get cannot compensate how innately bad they are. I'm trying to exclusively play the Type 10 against the Soviets and China, and it's going pretty well.

As I said above, fuel tanks explosions is no different than weakening gun mantlets to promote a certain gameplay. The game is hard to enjoy enough as-is for me to applaud this kind of mechanics. I've shelved my Leclerc basically since fuel explosions became a thing, and Gaijin promoting mediocre gameplay at top tier is not making me want to get back to it.

• Confused 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, _Zekken said:

man and here I am constantly having russian fuel tanks randomly just absorbing shells that should go through them. 

so lets just add it to the list of artificial buffs the already most survivable tanks in the game deserve to get right?

Yeah, If this thread was about giving vehicles from all nations equivalent protection statistics across the board, I would be all for it at this point, seeing as the modern vehicles in the game all have classified armor values, and what little we do know that adds to survivability is always added assymetrically.

Also, if anyone here refers to "NATO tanks" like somehow every other nation in the game is 1 giant tech tree and Russia is the only other tech tree in the game, don't listen, they are obviously biased towards their nation of choice.

medal medal medal

6 hours ago, _RemiliaScarlet__ said:

Yeah, If this thread was about giving vehicles from all nations equivalent protection statistics across the board, I would be all for it at this point, seeing as the modern vehicles in the game all have classified armor values, and what little we do know that adds to survivability is always added assymetrically.

Also, if anyone here refers to "NATO tanks" like somehow every other nation in the game is 1 giant tech tree and Russia is the only other tech tree in the game, don't listen, they are obviously biased towards their nation of choice.

mate how can i show more detail haven't u seen the xrays of the tanks and seen there engines and if u played or go against ussr which im sure u have u see how easy they bllow up and notice how they dont just burn like i said i just want to know why soviet diesel is liquid tnt compared to nato iv shot abrams in its tanks it turns red and not even fire at times like what

11 hours ago, NAYEONnaise said:

fuel and ammo vulnerability of russian tanks should be swapped tbh. that's the quickest solution to prevent this unrealistic phenomenon

i carry 16 rounds max and as far as ik u cant change ground fuel tanks unlike jets

11 hours ago, PzII_is_a_Crutch said:

Maybe watch some videos from IRL.  If anything, the game tanks perform significantly better than IRL.

i dont see it man i watch irl combat vids and they dont perform any differently just as explosive as irl just as slow just as loud like totally different

12 hours ago, TenPoundsOfSalt said:

Pretty much same experience, the Leclerc is mostly fuel tank, Soviet tanks are a one pen kill anyway, due to their cramped nature you're going for all three kill causes in a single shot. The Type 10 is mostly dying of crew loss and ammorack.

Disagree on the idea that the fuel explosion would have been a kill 90% of the time tho. It would be accurate if people took full ammo loadouts in battle, wich would fill the fuel tanks ammoracks on T-XXs, but when you hit the back fuel tanks, either trough the side or engine and it blows up for free, it doesn't feel less unwaranted than the Leclerc dying to it's side fuel tanks.

Fuel tanks should absorb spalling, stuff doesn't like to travel fast trough liquids. However fuel tanks walls should produce spalling when the shell exits. Dun know, dun care, about the ERA seen people claim any and everything about it. To me Soviet tanks are the easiest to face because they have little advantage over NATO tanks, and whatever they do get cannot compensate how innately bad they are. I'm trying to exclusively play the Type 10 against the Soviets and China, and it's going pretty well.

As I said above, fuel tanks explosions is no different than weakening gun mantlets to promote a certain gameplay. The game is hard to enjoy enough as-is for me to applaud this kind of mechanics. I've shelved my Leclerc basically since fuel explosions became a thing, and Gaijin promoting mediocre gameplay at top tier is not making me want to get back to it.

i dont want them to just take shots like what everyone thinks i want i just want to take a hit and maybe catch fire use my fpe and move on thats all like why is everyone so against it o yea cuz its ussr i forgot if it was a nato tank everyone would agree

13 hours ago, _Zekken said:

man and here I am constantly having russian fuel tanks randomly just absorbing shells that should go through them. 

so lets just add it to the list of artificial buffs the already most survivable tanks in the game deserve to get right?

mate idk what people are doing to get this bias myth from an no im not saying make tthe fuel none reactive and **** im just saying maybe let me use my fpe and give it a 50 chance of just exploding 

• Confused 3

3 hours ago, RaidingBandit899 said:

mate idk what people are doing to get this bias myth from an no im not saying make tthe fuel none reactive and **** im just saying maybe let me use my fpe and give it a 50 chance of just exploding 

because its not a myth. its a long verified fact. Russian tanks have artificially buffed ammo racks.

checking your profile, you haven't actually played anything outside of Russia at top tier. I don't think you understand just how often Russian MBTs survive direct hits to their ammo racks with no damage, or shells being completely absorbed by fuel tanks with zero damage of actual significance done. Of course you don't notice these, from your end all you see is you taking a hit that did no damage to your tank. On my end I see a flat side shot be absorbed by the magic of Gaijin. 

the death that you are complaining about is the one occasional saving grace that people fighting Russian MBTs (but even russian tanks in general, T-34s and KVs can be just as bad) occasionally get instead of their shell being magically absorbed for the umpteenth time. 

• Confused 1
medal medal

mate how can i show more detail haven't u seen the xrays of the tanks and seen there engines and if u played or go against ussr which im sure u have u see how easy they bllow up and notice how they dont just burn like i said i just want to know why soviet diesel is liquid tnt compared to nato iv shot abrams in its tanks it turns red and not even fire at times like what

The explosions are somewhat inconsistant with RU tanks, sometimes they will die in 1 hit to fuel, other times they won't, I don't have TT russian MBTs past the T-62 with the upgrade package, but I do own amd play with the T-80UK, I don't have any issues with thag tank and I find it to be more survivable than my other top tier MBTs, also, assymetry is implemented for balance reasons, so if they do explode more frequently than other nation's tanks, it's likely to balance out their armor so that it has some kind of flaw.

medal medal medal

57 minutes ago, _RemiliaScarlet__ said:

The explosions are somewhat inconsistant with RU tanks, sometimes they will die in 1 hit to fuel, other times they won't, I don't have TT russian MBTs past the T-62 with the upgrade package, but I do own amd play with the T-80UK, I don't have any issues with thag tank and I find it to be more survivable than my other top tier MBTs, also, assymetry is implemented for balance reasons, so if they do explode more frequently than other nation's tanks, it's likely to balance out their armor so that it has some kind of flaw.

yea i dont experience sometimes i get it all the time

1 hour ago, _Zekken said:

because its not a myth. its a long verified fact. Russian tanks have artificially buffed ammo racks.

checking your profile, you haven't actually played anything outside of Russia at top tier. I don't think you understand just how often Russian MBTs survive direct hits to their ammo racks with no damage, or shells being completely absorbed by fuel tanks with zero damage of actual significance done. Of course you don't notice these, from your end all you see is you taking a hit that did no damage to your tank. On my end I see a flat side shot be absorbed by the magic of Gaijin. 

the death that you are complaining about is the one occasional saving grace that people fighting Russian MBTs (but even russian tanks in general, T-34s and KVs can be just as bad) occasionally get instead of their shell being magically absorbed for the umpteenth time. 

yea u want to know why its because i drop the game around 6.7 ish for years and never finished it shocker and buffed ammo rack lol ok mate my **** always dets i just picked it back up like in jan of this year and ur right i never notice the hits that i could live from why BECAUSE IT NEVER HAPPENS TO ME

Edited by RaidingBandit899

27 minutes ago, RaidingBandit899 said:

yea i dont experience sometimes i get it all the time

Well, top tier is about one shotting the opponent, and as far as I know, every tank in the game has at least 1 thing that's likely to explode, Russian fuel tanks are likely to explode compared to that of some, however it is nowhere near an absolute guarentee, so if R VTussian vehicles already have every trait that makes them more survivable except for their low Crew count and the fuel tanks, which is fine, because if Russia was never able to be one shotted, we would be right back in the 2020-2022 era where you'd be seeing so many Russia playes that you'd wind up with them on both teams, or if you've been playing for long enough, the Leopard 2a5 meta prior to it's mantlet nerf and modern day shells being all but absent.

Too much protection with little to no counterplay just isn't fun.

Edited by _RemiliaScarlet__
medal medal medal

I'll also drop some statistics

The first graph shows winrate as a percentage among all nation, the second graph shows how many people are entering battles divided by nations. I don't think it's a coincidence that Russia is super far above the rest of the tech trees in terms of winrate, and Russia having more players in top tier than every other one combined. 

I get the frustration with being 1 shot frequently , but with everything else they have going for them, it's fine to have at least one downsideScreenshot_20230617_005502_Chrome.jpg.3e Screenshot_20230617_005622_Chrome.jpg.32

• Confused 2
medal medal medal

2 hours ago, _RemiliaScarlet__ said:

Well, top tier is about one shotting the opponent, and as far as I know, every tank in the game has at least 1 thing that's likely to explode, Russian fuel tanks are likely to explode compared to that of some, however it is nowhere near an absolute guarentee, so if R VTussian vehicles already have every trait that makes them more survivable except for their low Crew count and the fuel tanks, which is fine, because if Russia was never able to be one shotted, we would be right back in the 2020-2022 era where you'd be seeing so many Russia playes that you'd wind up with them on both teams, or if you've been playing for long enough, the Leopard 2a5 meta prior to it's mantlet nerf and modern day shells being all but absent.

Too much protection with little to no counterplay just isn't fun.

no god i get what top tier is im not saying make them burn out proof im just saying that if my fuel always dets which it dose then why bother given ru fpe i never burn i even did testing with them today i shot abarms in its fuel tank just as a little test and guess what it ether burned or turns red

2 hours ago, _RemiliaScarlet__ said:

The first graph shows winrate as a percentage among all nation, the second graph shows how many people are entering battles divided by nations. I don't think it's a coincidence that Russia is super far above the rest of the tech trees in terms of winrate, and Russia having more players in top tier than every other one combined. 

I get the frustration with being 1 shot frequently , but with everything else they have going for them, it's fine to have at least one downside Screenshot_20230617_005502_Chrome.jpg.3e Screenshot_20230617_005622_Chrome.jpg.32

sadly mate i dont trust this my exp is 99% losses

5 hours ago, _RemiliaScarlet__ said:

I get the frustration with being 1 shot frequently , but with everything else they have going for them, it's fine to have at least one downside Screenshot_20230617_005502_Chrome.jpg.3e Screenshot_20230617_005622_Chrome.jpg.32

This post communicates nothing because you've failed to include the legend and headers.

medal medal

sadly mate i dont trust this my exp is 99% losses

Ha. Hahaha. Hahahahahahaha. You literally have to have Russia on your team to have a reliable chance at winning in top tier.

12 minutes ago, PzII_is_a_Crutch said:

This post communicates nothing because you've failed to include the legend and headers.

Spoiler

fgdfgg.PNG.07024f36f2090911e64ee6b784d42

that one has the nations at the bottom

medal medal