Arado Ar-234C-3 'Blitz'

Guest NachtJagerX

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see this plane in the game?

• Yes
    • No

After some thinking, I decided to suggest this variant of the Arado. Right now, we have the B-2, which is, well, useless, in 90% of the cases. Slow, low payload, no offensive or defensive armament. This is where the C-3 comes in.

Ar234-C3-45af%2B.jpg

Deisgned as a multipurpouse variant, the C-3 had numerous improvements over the B-2. It used 4 BMW 003 A-1 engines, two under each wing, which produced a combined thrust of 3200kg, compared to the B-2's 2xJumo 004 which produced 1800kg of thrust. This offered a ~20% increase in speed, and slightly better rate of climb. Another improvement was the raised cockpit, which offered increased visibilty. It was also armed with two MG151/20 fixed forward-firing cannons in the nose section.

Ar-234C-3_0.jpg

Characteristics of the C-3:

• Crew: 1
  • Length: 12.84 m
  • Height: 4.28 m
  • Wing Span: 14.41 m
  • Wing Area: 27 m2
  • 6530 kg empty weight
  • 11,050 kg loaded weight
  • 4x BMW 003 A-1 
  • 4x800 kg thrust
  • Maximum Speed: 873 km/h, at 6000 m
  • Time to 10000m: 10.3 minutes (16 m/s average RoC)
  • Armament: 2x forward-firing MG151/20, 2x rearward-firing fixed MG151/20
  • Up to 2000 kg of bombs on external bomb racks

According to various sources 14 (some say up to 19) C-series airframes were produced before the war ended, (7 pre-production C-3 prototypes V-21 to V-30) but less than half of those recieved engines.

Sources:

EDIT: Poll added.

2mwynwl.jpg

• Upvote 104
medal medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

an armed arado, that needs to be tier 9 at the minimum. all kidding aside, looks like a great plane for German players.

• Upvote 8

4 engines,it's faster than B-2 and it's armed! Why it's not in the rls tree?However the problem is the payload.

• Upvote 1

Do you suddenly know who are the both pilots in front of the 234?

• Upvote 1

would give the mig and sabre pilots somthing to freak about: "base under attack" Mig/sabre pilot: "oh floral one of those is up there again"

Lower the current arado's Battle rating a bit more (6.3 like the yak 15s) so it fight props almost excluxively (right now its 50/50 between prop and jet games in my experiance) Then put this in for low rank jet games. This one would actualy stand a chance against a metor F3 or Mig 9.

Edited by MrMakWASP
  • Upvote 8
medal medal medal medal medal medal

TBH, I'm not sure the current Arado has a place in the game. It's the only unarmed aircraft in a PvP game, and I'm not convinced the concept is reasonable. They could just replace the current Arado with the C-3.

The other way to make the current Arado useful is to give it the ability to spot and light up enemy tanks/ships, and create a whole class of recon aircraft/vehicles/boats. The armed C-3 would not have that ability.
  • Upvote 10

TBH, I'm not sure the current Arado has a place in the game. It's the only unarmed aircraft in a PvP game, and I'm not convinced the concept is reasonable. They could just replace the current Arado with the C-3.

The other way to make the current Arado useful is to give it the ability to spot and light up enemy tanks/ships, and create a whole class of recon aircraft/vehicles/boats. The armed C-3 would not have that ability.

Actually, there is another option. I will probably write up a suggestion in a bit. Basically, a pilot fitted his B-2 with a Magirusbombe gun pack that contains 2x20mm and used it (didn't shoot anything down tho).

medal medal medal

Right now arados seem usless for an number of reasons.

1. They still get put in jet games, which makes thier speed almost an non factor. When putin a prop game you can outrun most porps asumign you keep your speed up and have room to dive.

2. There arent many of them so they cant make an impact on the objective. Ive only ever seen 2 of them at once i think. This means they cant realy complete any objectives on the maps they are on in any timely fashion (in RB anyway). A strategic base on rank IV/V in RB requires 9 500 kg bombs to knock out. this means that you need 3 Arados to knock one out in a single run. Not sure if the 1000kg + 2x 250kg loadout would make a significant diference but seeing as 2 x1000 werent enaugh last time i tired with a do 217 E2, i doubt it. Going after tanks also isnt optimal, especialy in RB where oyu have to drop the underegine bombs at the same time. Its less of an issue in arcade as you can jsut reaload your bombs midair, but in RB/SB the bases seem to have been buffed too much. So its a problem more related to strategic bombing in general than the Arado itself.

3. RB games are still won by deathmatch on most maps like 90% of the time, with only a few maps being exempt. Certainly not any of the ones i got put on, except maybe that one time i got put on Defending stalingrade, but then all the targets except the bases are soft so any plane can take them out. So even if arados could have an impact comparable to earier rank bombers it still wouldnt matter most of the time. Again an issue with the objectives, and possibly player mentality in some cases, than the plane itself.

Now once gorund forces come out it will have a nieche as it will be the fastest plane capable of taking out player tanks on the german side. Certainly the only jet.

Strap an Arado E.381 parasite fighter on the belly of the Arado Ar 234 (it was another one of the Luftwaffe's derpy but useless ideas that never came to life) and fly around pretending to be a nice juicy target. As soon as an enemy comes near drop the little E.381 and get out of there. Not saying this as a suggestion, but just for fun, as it would be very troll idea.

• Upvote 5
medal

Yes pls. I'm tired of clubbing other jets with my B-2. I need a change of pace.

And who's the guy who voted no to this? I'm gonna nom him! >:C

• Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Even without anyp ictures of a bomb load i think its easy enugh to make an "educated gues" how the bombs owuld be attached and in what configuration based on the B2.

Based on data avaliable and the current arado it sohuldnt be a problem to make a bleivable flight model either. Heck even modeling work seems like it would be limited to the engines and gun mounts and periscope.

Edited by MrMakWASP

Sure, count me in ! I've been looking for this topic since I'm intersted in German Jet Bombers in WT.
It's not too much, but atleast I can provide this if someone is intersted in...
vlTNFMt.jpgNsOK9jj.jpg

Those look awesome, great job!
medal medal medal

Support.

You and me both. :D