Multi-turret/Multi-gun Operating Tanks Guide

hammer_91

Hello folks! The last update had introduced a first functional multi-turret and multi-gun operating tank into our game, the "mothership-tank" or "land-battleship" as they call it.

The T-35!

A common problem for the players with this tank is inability to fire guns separately, as well as misalignment in the vertical and horizontal lines of the firing arches for the 76mm and 45mm guns. Leading to a common conclusion that this tank is ineffective beyond the point blank range. I thought so too, but it's actually not true! I have found a solution to this, thanks to my persistence.

Since, as I hope, in the future we'll receive the famous M3 Grant/Lee, and to help the current T-35 users - I've decided to write this guide. In it, the Russian heavy will serve me as the "demonstrator of technology".

This solution has been battle-tested, but for simple convenience, the screens were taken on the test drive map. 

Step 1: Look into the controls section 

TYzJoI0.jpg

Those are the sections we're interested in. The keys for the weapons selection are purely mine, you can address them to your liking. The important part is, that you have to address all of those to gain a full functionality of the vehicles armament!

Step 2: How it works? 

It's very simple. First of all, you're separating the trigger commands for each gun. You can still fire a full "broadside" (only on the default/reset'ed weapons selection!) if you like, but now it's possible to fire guns separately.

"Broadside", default scope: http://i.imgur.com/Y4ochjA.jpg

76mm only: http://i.imgur.com/Tlj6Dpv.jpg

45mm only, 76's (def) scope - note the misalingment is still present: http://i.imgur.com/uNYZ8UI.jpg

45mm only, with 45's scope with proper balistics: http://i.imgur.com/Hl9x46U.jpg

To utilize the proper scope for the 45mm 20-K guns, we have to use SELECT WEAPON FUNCTION. These I've bound to the numerical keys on the screen above. And that's what they do:

76mm [Num 4] chosen:

bcHa97C.jpg

APoQ0sL.jpg

With the primary weapon chosen, we're aiming only with the 76mm gun. We rotate only the main turret, and have the default, 76mm balistics scope in the sniping mode.

45mm [Num 5] chosen: 

TMCJg3T.jpg

AS2id18.jpg

As you all can see, now we're rotating only the smaller turret, and aim through the 45-dedicated scope with the proper ballistics arches. This allows us to be more competitive with the T-35 on the distance.

WARNING on the Secondary Weapon selection mode:

It's very important. Upon selecting the 45mm turret, you're choosing only one. By default it will be a forward facing one, and that's gonna be the only one under your control. In order to switch to the rear-facing turret, press the [select secondary weapon] again! Under this mode, the 45mm is also fired by a [fire primary weapon] key!

Well, I hope this guide will help every tanker to enjoy their tanks to the fullest and be more competitive on the distance! I would also like to note that there's one guide on the YT addressing the T-35 controls, but it does not shows how to use the 45mm gun's scope. It's useful though, and you can find it here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwVrDd1l6_A

With the upcoming american tree, and tanks like M3 Lee/Grant and M6 heavy tank, I hope this guide will find some use and will improve everyone's experience in driving those!

GL & HF

Edited by hammer_91
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 24
medal medal medal

i think it would be better to have some ai gunners when not in control of smaller cannons. current system for using tan k is very clunky even when knowing how to use it. :facepalm:

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

agreed. The T-35 is a premium, so this doesn't pose very many problems. However, it will pose significant problems once the M3 lee is included with the 1.45 update. Thus, I believe that syncing the guns to a universal scope--at least in arcade--should be something of a priority.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

Well, that's all personal opinions. Here's just a guide for all of you to get a grip on the current game mechanics that developers have included in the game.

Anyways. I'll be doing M3 Lee addition to the guide soon, and then M6's heavy as well. But honestly, it'll all come down to the "how does it works on: M3/M6". Since honestly, the controls work fine. You can for example, take IS-2 mod 44 and with a machinegun select, choose the 12,7 DshK anti-aircraft hmg and use it only. It has 360 degree's round and up to 90 degrees up firing arc and does go with it's own scope with proper ballistics values. I honestly have no problems with the way that dev's put the controls in, and actually do quite enjoy the extenuated functionality. At least in tanks like IS-2 m.44 for now, it does gives you a taste of what it should be. If only german tanks had their mg.34's and US all of their 7,62 and 12,7 mg's on the turrets, it would be golden anti-aircraft heaven.

And for the sim battle people. Use you'r co-axial's to dust up your opponents!

But yeah. M3 Lee and M6 heavy are coming into this thread.

medal medal medal

you tried to use the secondary guns on the m16 mgmc? :p its very funny. you change to 1 of the machine guns on the aa truck, but the barrel rotates, not the turret. 

It really should just have two aim circles in one scope or something. Having to switch sights/guns mid battle can be a matter of life and death. Lee/Grant, 75 should be the primary, not the secondary, and should be able to use MGs at all times regardless of chosen weapon. Just my thoughts on it.
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal

Perhaps, but please. This is not the topic for this. If you wish to see such changes or optimizations happen, do go down to a suggestion board and write a suggestion for the developers.

This is not a topic for this, because here we deal with the system as it is. Besides. It's historically know that tanks like T-35 or Lee/Grant were hard to use. Lee/Grant has seen a good time in africa, but not much beyond. While soviet landkreuzers have been pretty much just looking scary. In the game though, even with having to switch weapons on the fly, you're able to be competitive with other tanks. Even more, if you'll get a handle on your controls.  And personally. I'm happy this is hard. It demands skill.

Anyway, I like to ask everybody to discuss on the topic. WHICH IS NOT how this system is bad or something. Don't post things like that here, because that's not the place for them. If anyone thinks that the current implementation of the multi-gun/turrets is wrong, then go write a suggestion to the game developers. Not here.

----------------

@sollitdude: it's a known bug happening on a various tanks in different situations from a long time. Nothing new.

medal medal medal

Perhaps, but please. This is not the topic for this. If you wish to see such changes or optimizations happen, do go down to a suggestion board and write a suggestion for the developers.

But it's never a waste to discuss things before posting in the suggestion board. The devs have limited time to read (or some people read it for them), sending tons of suggestions about the same feature may mean the good ones might be overlooked due to the amount to process. Few players actually bother to read the suggestion board, we may have no other opportunity to read their feedback before it gets into the dev's field.

My set up is pretty similar (except the reset weapon selection). Works fine except for a few things; the M4A1 .50 cal won't fire in a game, but works fine in test drive. The M6 37mm coax can be selected but the turret won't rotate and the gun won't elevate while selected. The turret only moves when the 76mm is selected. Another difference to your set up is that I have all weapons set to fire with LMB, as only the weapon selected will fire. I've tried changing to different bindings for each weapon to see if it fixed the 2 issues mentioned, but it doesn't.

• 4 weeks later...

also up voted.
Having the default cannon aim (All cannons) bound to Ctrl 1, while having the 2nt cannon bound to Ctrl 2, has made the Lee/Grant more enjoyable. 

Fire the 37mm cannon first, hit Ctrl 2, re-adjust aim slightly on the 75mm (kinda annoying), then switch back to Ctrl 1 made the Lee into a rapid fire tank of destruction. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Up voted as well. very helpful info and I love my T35 and SMK!

V

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I need some help on the Maus setup. When I switch to the secondary gun the 75 mm I can't mouse aim. It rains stationary where the main turret was aimed. What am I doing wrong?

• 3 months later...

I need some help on the Maus setup. When I switch to the secondary gun the 75 mm I can't mouse aim. It rains stationary where the main turret was aimed. What am I doing wrong?

Not trying to Necro a post/topic, but I would like a solution to this as well.

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to switch primary with secondary?

For example:

The M3 Lee primary is the 37mm so the 75mm fires offset. Is it possible to control both guns at the same time yet the 75mm is switched as primary?

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Is there a way to switch primary with secondary?

For example:

The M3 Lee primary is the 37mm so the 75mm fires offset. Is it possible to control both guns at the same time yet the 75mm is switched as primary?

Have two guns move at the same time but one of the guns shoot first? Isn't that default? I test drove the T-35 yesterday and all the turrets point whatever I aim at. Guns are offset because of how they are mounted.

My other thought is if both guns are shooting at once, you can change your primary and secondary in Tank Controls or View Controls, whichever has "Primary Weapon", "Seconday Weapon", "Machine Gun" options. Edited by Linerax

• 1 year later...

How can I change that the 75 (M3 Lee) is my primary and the 37 is my secondary? I know that I can fire both guns at once, but it uses the 37's sight and I want to use the 75's sight. Is it yet another oversight by the devs or am I missing something obvious?

medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

As soon as I became the 1.71 patch, I studied the striker using 15,000 gold and now I am using it.
But now there is one bug that does not work out
You can use the first 10 missiles
Missiles supplied from occupied territories can not be used

Once reloading is complete, you can see that the missile is loaded with your naked eye.
However, the missile is not loaded.
The way this article told me can not be solved.
Something else seems to be buggy

medal medal medal

• 1 month later...
On 10/09/2017 at 5:11 PM, Rubentje7777 said:

How can I change that the 75 (M3 Lee) is my primary and the 37 is my secondary? I know that I can fire both guns at once, but it uses the 37's sight and I want to use the 75's sight. Is it yet another oversight by the devs or am I missing something obvious?

you can't, you can select which gun you want to use (via keyboard settings) and that way you can use the sight with the graduations for that gun, firing will be done with MB1

however, in default operation, the main gun will always be the 37mm for the M3 medium

medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/08/2019 at 19:05, patriot412 said:

Thank you sir! I'm pretty new and I just started japanese. This helps alot

Your are welcome. Except im not the author

• Confused 1
medal