Repairing/reloading problem while on a captured point

MR_MOONKIN

I don't know if this is a bug or a design issue, but whenever I'm playing an arcade ground battle and am sitting on a cap point with my tank, I am prompted to reload/repair even if I'm not damaged.
If I do press the button, it starts to 'reload' for a very long time without displaying the time needed to complete repairs as it usually does. It also renders my tank immobile. 

And if my tank IS actually damaged (tracks blown off by arty etc), and I try to repair on a cap point, it takes forever! It shows that the tank will be repaired in about 20 seconds, but after that, I still cannot move for a lengthy period of time. If I try to move, it says 'repair/reloading in progres'. Is anyone else having this issue?

• Upvote 1

It's a thing. Just ignore the repair prompt unless you need to repair/reload. Personally, if I can, I displace out of the cap to repair, as the reload tacks itself on, and is rarely needed.

You can interrupt reload, with a 4 second delay until you can move again. Edited by Gremlin13
medal medal

The thing, is someone decided it would be a good idea to start resupplying as well as repairing - so once you cobble your tank together, you are still stuck, loading shells that you don't really need right now. Chances are, what you actually need is to execute the GTFO maneuver fast, but you are out of luck for at least 4 more long seconds. I have died quite a few times because of that.

Simple solution - if you are damaged, only conduct repairs on the point at first (or repair and ressuply until the repair timer expires). If you want to load more ammo after that, start the process again.

Edited by The_nuketrooper
medal medal medal medal

Some Tanks have a very small amount of ammo the Zis 30 comes to mind . If you run out of ammo you can go to a capture zone and replenish. However it takes forever as you have stated so it's not a good idea. But I think this is why it is that way sore of a ammo dump.

The way the game runs now the reload should only take a couple of seconds anything else is just suicide.

medal medal

I've run out of a certain shell once or twice..Especially if the RNG gods are against you.. 

(carry a max of 2 types and never more the 15-20 of each)

Edited by Smokescr33n

I have run out of ammo in the zis, the flak1, and my PzIVc.

I have successfully reloaded my flak1 a couple of times, but both that and the zis are arty magnets during reload, so even though I try not to go for full reloads, respawning in another vehicle is the usual outcome.

The one time I ran out of ammo in my PzIVc was in a Carpathian break game, back when you could come from the Southern spawn and position on the NE hill, to rain death and destruction on unsuspecting enemies below. I wound up capping the last zone after putting 2 HE rounds (my last shells) into a PzIIc, which stopped just outside the zone and was spraying me with 20mm as the game ended. Good times.
medal medal