What are the "Tickets?"

AirOhead

At the end of a every battle (Arcade) I have noticed that the winning side is always awarded a number of "Tickets."

The losing side is always awarded zero "Tickets."

Could someone educate me on what the "Tickets" are, and, r-o-u-g-h-l-y, how are they calculated?

- Many thanks.

medal

• Senior Forum Moderator

Both teams starts with an equal amount of tickets. They are visual represented on top on the screen, 2 colour bars.

By achieving the specific objectives for your the enemy team losses a certain amount of tickets.

The team who's tickets reaches 0 losses the battle.

The objectives of each battle are show at the beginning of the map.

• Upvote 1

Arcade mode games are played in either "Ground Strike" mode - where in order to win you must destroy all enemy ground units, shoot down all enemy aircraft or destroy the enemy bombing points and airfield- or "Domination" mode, which consists of seizing enemy airfields by landing your aircraft on them, causing the opposing team to slowly lose 'tickets'; the team whose tickets reach zero first or lose all of their aircraft loses. You see blue/red bar you see above center when in game

The above you already know i assume, and the tickets are not awards :-)

For groundstrike The exact number calculated is depending on unit type ,  not every ground unit, just the ones that are flashing. Usually includes Tanks (medium, light, heavy)

Domination same sort of thing

others can explain it better then i

• Upvote 1
medal medal

The team who's tickets reaches 0 losses the battle.

the team whose tickets reach zero first ........... loses.

Those are not true in many cases.

Sometimes (like 20% of close battles) the "AI suicide script"(as people are calling it) arbitrarily decides who will win, after putting both teams tickets to 0:0 and declares end of the battle.

Edited by Slider_HarDCorE
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

I thank each of you for your helpful clarifications.

With your advice(s) in mind I just played an Arcade battle and during the battle intermittently pressed "N" to bring up the 'then current' stats and was able to view e-x-a-c-t-l-y what you have described. 

It is very interesting in that the two competing ticket counts actually provide a defined quantification of what the red and blue bars graphically represent - very cool.

• Upvote 1
medal

I thank each of you for your helpful clarifications.

With your advice(s) in mind I just played an Arcade battle and during the battle intermittently pressed "N" to bring up the 'then current' stats and was able to view e-x-a-c-t-l-y what you have described. 

It is very interesting in that the two competing ticket counts actually provide a defined quantification of what the red and blue bars graphically represent - very cool.

Your more then welcome and happy gaming 

• Upvote 1
medal medal

Those are not true in many cases.
Sometimes (like 20% of close battles) the "AI suicide script"(as people are calling it) arbitrarily decides who will win, after putting both teams tickets to 0:0 and declares end of the battle.

When both teams reach 0 tickets at the same time, both teams lose.

People also use 'gremlins' to describe the self-destructing AI units.
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

This is also not true.

Just found some old battle result screens which i saved for missing and bugged Survivor award.  Both finished by those 'gremlins' for 0:0 final ticked count  -  one win and one loss.   So it is not that both teams lose(at least in the past) and in fact rng or luck decides who will end on top in those artificial situations. :?s  Don't have recent screens, but i will ask someone from opposing team when i get 0:0 again.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

OK now that you have me up to speed (& I thank you :- ) .... right next to the "Ticket" count are the "Zones" ..... In Arcade those "Zones," I believe, are always Zero for both sides.

Can you help me understand what the "Zones" are?

medal

how much is a base in tickets? In % perhaps?

Worthy question, to say the least ! .... in fact, I'd love to know how much is every type of target in "Tickets?"  Anyone happen to know???

medal

Worthy question, to say the least ! .... in fact, I'd love to know how much is every type of target in "Tickets?"  Anyone happen to know???

I don't know what base are you talking about, because I mainly fly RB, and we have two bases: 1. the base bombers have to bomb before being able to bomb the enemy airfield (there are three of them in each map) and 2. the airfield itself.

The former, bomb-able "bases" don't deplete tickets that largely. However, if it's the latter, then bombing the airfield will slowly bring the enemy tickets down to zero once destroyed. Since I haven't played AB, I can only state what each ground target in RB depletes how many tickets, plus it also largely depends on the map.

If I'm misunderstanding things, feel free to ignore me.

Edited by Kensta_Senpai
  • Upvote 1
medal

I don't know what base are you talking about, because I mainly fly RB,...

I believe Dodo_Dud was referring to the bases in Arcade .... the reason that I am suspecting that is the context of his/her comment is because Arcade was the basis of my original question. 

Meanwhile... my eventual interest is in RB and SB (just haven't grown to that point yet) and I am, therefore, appreciative of your above input on RB ~ thx.

medal

Each mission ground target (= icon keeps flashing) is worth 100 tickets and it doesn't matter if it is a Light Tank or a Carrier. Other ground targets (non-flashing) are worth no tickets at all.
Minibases are worth a percentage of total tickets (haven't figured out exactly how much yet), but quite a small one. For destroying 3 minibases, you generally deplete enemy tickets worth 3-5 ground units.

As far as I'm aware, this is true in all air game modes. Edited by tizianenel
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I'd be interested in knowing what the new light vehicles that appear ~10 minutes into a match are worth. It appears they are tied to a percentage of tickets rather than an outright number.

I learned just how valuable they were the other day while trying to pull back a 1v8 situation (managing to take out 4 of the 8).

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I'd be interested in knowing what the new light vehicles that appear ~10 minutes into a match are worth. It appears they are tied to a percentage of tickets rather than an outright number.

I learned just how valuable they were the other day while trying to pull back a 1v8 situation (managing to take out 4 of the 8).

I do that every time if the enemy is just being big p*****s and doesn't want to fight a Spitfire Mk 22... Generally they're worth 100 tickets per kill, and completing the objective (destroying them all, number varies on amount of tickets left) takes a hefty amount of tickets away, usually leading to an automatic win.

I'm confident Gaijin added those for the sole purpose of ending a match if p*****s that are remaining just climbed to space. It's pretty much fight and kill/die or run with your tail in between your legs and lose.

Edited by Kensta_Senpai

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

Do not:
1.1.2. Start or participate in flame wars, intentionally derail a topic, or post useless spam messages in moderated areas.
Strictly off Limit Topics and Discussions, including posting links:
1.1.19. Profanity and insult via direct statement or implication (full or partial circumvention). This includes the use of swearing, medical-related reference (such as cancer, mental illness, etc.), offensive and abusive language, and other references of an insulting or profane nature. Automatically filtered item’s are exempt from action.
medal

People also use 'gremlins' to describe the self-destructing AI units.

Or if the game reaches its time limit without one side getting to 0 then both sides lose

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I do that every time if the enemy is just being big p*****s and doesn't want to fight a Spitfire Mk 22... Generally they're worth 100 tickets per kill, and completing the objective (destroying them all, number varies on amount of tickets left) takes a hefty amount of tickets away, usually leading to an automatic win.

I'm confident Gaijin added those for the sole purpose of ending a match if p*****s that are remaining just climbed to space. It's pretty much fight and kill/die or run with your tail in between your legs and lose.

The speed at which the tickets were depleted was rather extreme. I was not expecting to win in a 1v8 (eventually I whittled it down to 1v4), but the speed at which the tickets decayed was simply extraordinary.

The only thing I could say it was like was Ho 229s going after tanks on Berlin--that sort of ticket loss.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Or if the game reaches its time limit without one side getting to 0 then both sides lose

No!

This is the third false thing i read in this thread. Along with the line you quoted and statement that "The team who's tickets reaches 0 losses the battle".

All 3 are false.  First two are explained why in previous posts.

For third  -  here's SS from y-day  which ended because time out and shows that your statement is also wrong.   It was intense 20 min battle and me dying only 3 times. Look tickets are nowhere near 0 for both teams and we still won by conquering their airfield same number of times as them(3) but for much longer.

And also we were at disadvantage in numbers, with last 4 people betrayed the team by leaving after 1-st death.

medal medal