Is there any (SilverLions) award to stay in combat until the end? And is this a fair/good strategy to stay?

hemmerling

Hello,

Is there any (SilverLions) award to stay in combat until the end? Especially for newbies, rookies, "weak players" who gain small amounts of SLs for each battle... or often loose SLs with many battles ( thats me :-( , still )

And is this a fair/good strategy to stay?

Strategy1: Always try to push forward to the enemy, risking the own ground vehicle, if everything goes worse, you are off the game after 1/2 of the time or less.. ( that's me, I want to be killed LOL, so far. For low-tier I/II (BP1.3-2.3) it might be an accaptable strategy as the repair costs are low :-), and "you kill your own tank crew frequently, who cares?" :-( ).

Strategy2: At least with the 3rd spawned ground vehicle, stay alive ( by driving around where there is no combat...)

Strategy3: Don´t participate much in the battle, stay behind the lines,... to keep your 1.st ground vehicle alive, until the end ( with more expensive repair of high-tier III/IV vehicles - BP 4.3 and higher -, this might be attractive )

I understand that "battletime" = stay in battle brings some points....

So what strategy do you play, usually, and especially consider to tell us your history of WT gaming ( did you always follow this strategy, already as rookie ?! ) :-)

Sincerely

Rolf

Edited by hemmerling
medal medal medal

Yes, I think smoething around 2,500-5,000 SL with a Premium account if you in combat until the last second, even in the losing team.

Exactly number I can't confirm.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

17 minutes ago, Kretaner said:

Yes, I think smoething around 2,500-5,000 SL with a Premium account if you in combat until the last second, even in the losing team.

Exactly number I can't confirm.

Καλή ενημέρωση πατριώτη,δεν το ήξερα,να'σαι καλά. (κι εγώ από Κρήτη,Λασίθι μεριά.. ) :)

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Is there any (SilverLions) award to stay in combat until the end? Especially for newbies, rookies, "weak players" who gain small amounts of SLs for each battle... or often loose SLs with many battle.

In AB you recieve a "Coward Award" if you manage to hide so deep between rocks or buildings that nobody (no tank & no plane!) discovers you until the last second.

You win 50 GE, 15000 SL and 3000 FP. No Coward Award in RB and SB because it is too easy to hide.

Strategy1: Always try to push forward to the enemy, risking the own ground vehicle, if everything goes worse, you are off the game after 1/2 of the time or less.. ( that's me, I want to be killed LOL, so far. For low-tier I/II (BP1.3-2.3) it might be an accaptable strategy as the repair costs are low :-), and "you kill your own tank crew frequently, who cares?" :-( ).

Bad idea. With a weak vehicle you should sneak forward, try to flank the enemy and shoot his weak points. When you are discovered evade backwards and try another position.

Strategy2: At least with the 3rd spawned ground vehicle, stay alive ( by driving around where there is no combat...)

No combat around - no SL! And because it is your 3rd tank your can´t recieve the Coward Award.

Strategy3: Don´t participate much in the battle, stay behind the lines,... to keep your 1.st ground vehicle alive, until the end ( with more expensive repair of high-tier III/IV vehicles - BP 4.3 and higher -, this might be attractive )

That´s the best way to win the Coward Award! Hide in the sikrit shelter under your spawn. To open the sikrit shelter you only have to press "J" for at lest 3 secs.

Dear Rolf,

this is a battle game! Some months ago I bought the Leopard 1 and the Jpz 4-5. It takes hundreds of battles to research tools, fire prevention and valuable ammo. And you have to die 500 times without a kill. It is annoying! But the producers of this nice battle game made a great offer to us. We all can buy all we need with GE. Tools, FPE, great ammo, skilled crew are available to any player who is willing to pay some bucks. You will NEVER EVER get SL, FP oder GE just for hiding behind the spawn. And you can ask this question again next week and nothing will be changed.

Fight or pay!

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, hemmerling said:

Hello,

Is there any (SilverLions) award to stay in combat until the end? Especially for newbies, rookies, "weak players" who gain small amounts of SLs for each battle... or often loose SLs with many battles ( thats me :-( , still )

And is this a fair/good strategy to stay?

Strategy 1: Yes push forward but do it in as smart a way as possible. Don't just roll around out in the open more or less yelling hey here I am shoot me. Why would you want to be killed? As you move up to higher tiers your personal strategy will suck balls for the rest of your team.

Strategy 2: Heh? Ok what sense does this make? If you are on your 3rd spawn then either you aren't very good or your team is getting rolled. Driving around sight seeing will just as easily get you shot by a teammate for being passive. If your getting rolled screw it, drive out and try to take as many out with you. Don't hide behind a rock.

Strategy 3: Again, heh? If your going to just drive around sight seeing then this isn't the game for you. Why play a game thats entire objective is to destroy enemy vehicles, take ground and hold it? Staying behind the lines not participating much doesn't exactly help your team win. The gun needs to be pointed to the front and needs to be used. 

Look, I understand your new and are still learning but the only way your going to learn is to get in there and just do it. You may lose a little SL now but it will be worth it later once you learn more. There is a learning curve to this game and it takes a while to get used to. Don't be in such a rush to move to higher tiers, especially if your not ready because you'll end up hating it. Find out what works for you and what doesn't. Keep and eye out on the mini map and notice whats going on around you. You need to develop situational awareness. Learn to know when your going to be out flanked and what you need to do to try to prevent it. Learn multiple routes to objectives/areas that you know may work for you and so on.

And yes, staying alive in general nets you more SL.

Good luck out there buddy :)

medal medal

9 hours ago, _ItZzWar_ said:

In AB you recieve a "Coward Award" if you manage to hide so deep between rocks or buildings that nobody (no tank & no plane!) discovers you until the last second.

You win 50 GE, 15000 SL and 3000 FP. No Coward Award in RB and SB because it is too easy to hide.

Are you kidding me?? A Coward Award?? Geez, sounds ridiculous that you would be rewarded so much, and GE!!, for doing nothing. 

o_o

medal medal medal

17 hours ago, io_i_oi said:

Are you kidding me?? A Coward Award?? Geez, sounds ridiculous that you would be rewarded so much, and GE!!, for doing nothing. 

o_o

Yes, of course I´m kidding. Coward Award in a battle game is too crazy.

:D

You will NEVER EVER get SL, FP oder GE just for hiding behind the spawn.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

@ hemmerling: From what I know, staying in battle but being passive doesn't really pay off in any game mode. It's either more fun and more reward to die fighting, or just quit and play another match once you feel like wasting time. - This may get you a crew lock for some minutes though, so only leave battles where you can be sure to just get farmed once you leave spawn, spawn as the last guy in a weak tank or something along these lines. Crew lock is leading me to the next point here:

There is a fairly easy way to get rid of SL problems as a free player: Disable auto-repair and play several nations/game modes/vehicle classes.

While auto repair seems no big deal in the beginning as repair costs are small, don't forget: your battle rewards are aswell. By the time your rewards get better, your repair costs raise aswell. By disabling the auto rep, you can harvest almost the full silver lion(SL) gain after each battle, then decide if you want to have another go and repair your whole lineup for it.

If you don't, you can just leave the vehicle in the slot and either play with other ones in that lineup (works once you got several crew slots) or simply switch to another nation. Even if you don't wait for the vehicles to be fully repaired again, a full night of repairs will save you lots of lions.

----

This works quite good for ground vehicles, unlike planes which have 2 crew skills to level, determining the time to repair for free. Disabling auto repair may be not feasible for planes a bit higher in BR, if their crew is unskilled. Repairs might just take too long then, however this can't happen with tanks. The longest repair time however is when you put the vehicles out of the slot, for higher tier planes it can go up to two weeks this way.

Hope this helps you to have less concerns about SL, even though it was a bit offtopic... ;)

Edited by Cyrant
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Just with repaired vehicles I have the best battle chances... so I don´t understand why I should not let repair the vehicles.

Or do I spend more money with auto-repair ( after the battle!), then doing the repair in the game as first action?!

Some time ago, I bought new vehicles, and as I buy after I have enough SLs, but not much more,

after the buy I am poor. If I THEN play BP 4.3 or higher, and I might loose a battle, I can´t repair the vehicles.

So in this case, suddenly some vehicles must be replaced as there was no money for repair.

As workaround, if I now buy an expensive vehicle BP 4.3 and higher, I play on BP1.0-1.3 level afterwards, as there it is easier to gain money and loss of battles with its repair costs are just peanuts.

Remember after you bought a vehicle, you must gain and spend another money to train the crew....

Sincerely

Rolf

Edited by hemmerling
medal medal medal

The amount you spend directly after battle is the same with auto repair or by doing it manual. The point where you save money is when you let the vehicles repair over time for free.

So, when you played your last game for the day, you can leave them thrashed, yet when you log in next time they are repaired for free.

By playing more nations, you can keep playing even when you deem a repair too expensive for the moment.

You can also join battles (arcade planes for example) with a few damaged vehicles. This way you can play until your whole lineup is wrecked, then simply switch nation. Ofc you can't always play only the newest & shiniest this way, but in times with empty pockets you will gain SL again fast.

Remember: when the vehicle is not in a slot, the free repair will take much longer, so just let them sit in their slots to repair.

Edited by Cyrant
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Yes, there is such a reward, but I think you should not get any damage. I think I only had 1 such reward last week.

I usually am in the thick of the fight, don't like sniping and hate aircraft.

The best way of getting more SL in my opinion is to stay with your squad mate (green name above tank). You get rewards if your squad mate kills an enemy (teamwork) and if you had hit that enemy you also get support fire. And if you do that q lot in battle you will probably also get a reward for best squad. And it is a lot easier to take down a stronger tank if you are together. :)

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

@Cyrant: Thanks for the advice to disable auto-repair after a battle.

With 5 equivalent ground vehicles in the stack, BP 1.3 maximum, I was able to play a battle, leave 2 damaged vehicles unrepaired,

played another battle with the other remaining 3 vehicles,

and le-voila, after this second battle, all my 2 damaged vehicles were automatically repaired, **If I understand right, for free**, saving 200 SL repair costs.

Ok I understand that in higher BP levels, the repairs are more expensive, so might take more time than a simple battle.

The trick by changing the nations at a game session between the battles, sounds great too... to get more free repairs. Why didn´t I know when I started 3 months ago :-(?!

I will think about it ( so I would stop at BP4.7 level at Germany, waiving to drive the German proud hero tanks Panthers+Tigers.. ).

Edited by hemmerling
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

How about the Experience ( XP ) points and the Exploration Points ( for the own just-used vehicle to get additional "modification" features e.g. artillery support, or exploration of new vehicles ), is there "staying long in battle, but not active fighting" good to make points, i.e. to improve and fasten the exploration?

I understand that may get bonus team points from my unknown blue partner, even if I stay inactive,

and of course I may take flights, which is no risk at all ( you don´t pay for damaged planes, but get 200 or 300 SL if you keep the plane alive for the whole 30-60 seconds ).

I am talking about "peanuts" ( = little ) SL, as it this the measure in low BP range battles... of course

medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/07/2016 at 6:45 PM, Cyrant said:

Disable auto-repair and play several nations/game modes/vehicle classes.

If you don't, you can just leave the vehicle in the slot and either play with other ones in that lineup (works once you got several crew slots) or simply switch to another nation. Even if you don't wait for the vehicles to be fully repaired again, a full night of repairs will save you lots of lions.

This works quite good for ground vehicles, unlike planes which have 2 crew skills to level, determining the time to repair for free. Disabling auto repair may be not feasible for planes a bit higher in BR, if their crew is unskilled. Repairs might just take too long then, however this can't happen with tanks. The longest repair time however is when you put the vehicles out of the slot, for higher tier planes it can go up to two weeks this way.

I have now 8 sets of German ground vehicles ( so 8 sets  in my 5 crew slots = 40 items in a sum ), most of it are "red" and need repair.... the ground vehicles are now still "red" after one night,..... even if with some SLs less repair costs remaining....

Does this mean that for 1 nation ( e.g. Germany ) the 5 crew teams have to repair all damaged items, and the more vehicles are damaged are the longer takes it ?!

By the news here I was warned, to move  damaged items off the crew slots... that then it takes even longer.... ?!

Btw, if a player has just 3 crew slots... does this mean that the repair workforce is less than with 5 crew slots ( so every crew may repair by its own time budget) ?!

Is there a difference in repair speed for the "active" ( = selected ) set for a nation - e.g. Germany, in comparison the other up to 7 non-selected sets ?

The "horror" repair penalty is 9000 SL, by a BP4.7, rank III item ( German AA "Ostwind" )....

Any comment on that high amount of repair costs?!

6a.

I experience that an item with many/all "modifications", the repair costs might be much higher than with an item with no/little modifications.

Do you experience that too?

6b.

And so it it "useful" to uninstall most modifications ( besides "Artillery support" and "FPE" ) to reduce possible repair costs, even if the item has some little disadvantages in comparison to a "fully modified" item?!

Apropros modifications....

With Germany, I  am experiencing that some  ground vehicles, i.e. anti-tank ( "Jagdpanzer" )  and infantry-support vehicles ( "Sturmgeschütze" ), where there is no modification "artillery support", how can this be?!

While tanks and anti-aircraft vehicles all have "Artillery support" option... though they should have "radio"...

a) Panzerjäger1, Marder III, Marder III H, DickerMax, Nashorn, SturerEmil, RakjPz2

b) StuG III A, StuG III F, StuH 42 G, StuG III G, Jagdpanzer 38(t), Jagdpanzer IV, Jagdpanzer IV/70(V), Jagtpanther, Ferdinand, Jagdtiger, Jpz4-5

Is this similar with other nations ?!

And what is the concept?!

"Sturmgeschütze" might have been sort of artillery support for infantry, but we don´t have such at WT, so  why should tank-killers with limited rotation of the cannon be excluded from artillery support ?!

Sincerely

Rolf

Edited by hemmerling
medal medal medal

13 hours ago, hemmerling said:

I have now 8 sets of German ground vehicles ( so 8 sets  in my 5 crew slots = 40 items in a sum ), most of it are "red" and need repair.... the ground vehicles are now still "red" after one night,..... even if with some SLs less repair costs remaining....

Does this mean that for 1 nation ( e.g. Germany ) the 5 crew teams have to repair all damaged items, and the more vehicles are damaged are the longer takes it ?!

yes, this strategy really only works as long as you play different nations. When a few of your german vehicles are damaged, you can still play with the fully intact ones, but you'll have to be careful as I think even damaged vehicles raise your BR value for the Matchmaking. So you could accidentally play in a higher rank match than what your active vehicles are.

By the news here I was warned, to move  damaged items off the crew slots... that then it takes even longer.... ?

Vehicles that are not in a crew slot will take ages to repair for free.

Btw, if a player has just 3 crew slots... does this mean that the repair workforce is less than with 5 crew slots ( so every crew may repair by its own time budget) ?!

I'm not sure I understand this correctly, so I'll try: A vehicle in a crew slot gets repaired from that single crew. There is no additional bonus from having other crews. Naturally, when you have lots of damaged vehicles at once, you will have them repaired faster when you work through the whole amount with more slots than by only using 3.

Is there a difference in repair speed for the "active" ( = selected ) set for a nation - e.g. Germany, in comparison the other up to 7 non-selected sets ?

Yes, you must have the vehicles in the active set to get quicker free repairs. Everything else is getting the painfully slow "hangar" repair.

UI glitched here, can't make it go away again - we're halfway through so I wont start over :D

The "horror" repair penalty is 9000 SL, by a BP4.7, rank III item ( German AA "Ostwind" )....

Any comment on that high amount of repair costs?!

Check higher tier japanese planes for repair cost that blow your mind. Gaijin somehow tries to use repair cost as balancing tool, with very strange approaches and results.

6a.

I experience that an item with many/all "modifications", the repair costs might be much higher than with an item with no/little modifications.

Do you experience that too?

Yes, modifications raise your repair cost.

6b.

And so it it "useful" to uninstall most modifications ( besides "Artillery support" and "FPE" ) to reduce possible repair costs, even if the item has some little disadvantages in comparison to a "fully modified" item?!

I wouldn't do that, every upgrade in itself is worth more than what you will save by leaving it out. The single one I can think of the top of my head is the addon armor, as it's making things worse by additional weight and less resistance to tipped shells, a rare exception could also be horizontal traverse in casemate TD's, as it's pretty useless too. Still I wouldn't try to save a few peanuts by hampering your combat ability.

Apropros modifications....

With Germany, I  am experiencing that some  ground vehicles, i.e. anti-tank ( "Jagdpanzer" )  and infantry-support vehicles ( "Sturmgeschütze" ), where there is no modification "artillery support", how can this be?!

While tanks and anti-aircraft vehicles all have "Artillery support" option... though they should have "radio"...

a) Panzerjäger1, Marder III, Marder III H, DickerMax, Nashorn, SturerEmil, RakjPz2

b) StuG III A, StuG III F, StuH 42 G, StuG III G, Jagdpanzer 38(t), Jagdpanzer IV, Jagdpanzer IV/70(V), Jagtpanther, Ferdinand, Jagdtiger, Jpz4-5

Is this similar with other nations ?!

And what is the concept?!

"Sturmgeschütze" might have been sort of artillery support for infantry, but we don´t have such at WT, so  why should tank-killers with limited rotation of the cannon be excluded from artillery support ?!

The only tanks getting artillery support are light & medium tanks aswell as Anti-air SPAAG vehicles. Don't ask me why, I really don't see the point in that either, especially looking at higher rank mediums.

Sincerely

Rolf

Nice to read you started to save a few bucks this way, for me it's really the way to keep playing. Without this I'd be either in a constant money grind at sealclub range for higher rank vehicles/modules or to have to stick with the ones that work well in that aspect (SU).

With free repair you can easily have a go with even the most expensive vehicles until your lineup is so trashed you won't touch it for a while, not losing money even when you have bad luck.

Edited by Cyrant
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Thanks for all the great answers :-)

8 hours ago, Cyrant said:

but you'll have to be careful as I think even damaged vehicles raise your BR value for the Matchmaking. So you could accidentally play in a higher rank match than what your active vehicles are.

uhhhhh :-(,  good to learn :-), thanks.

8 hours ago, Cyrant said:

Yes, you must have the vehicles in the active set to get quicker free repairs. Everything else is getting the painfully slow "hangar" repair.

uhhhhh :-(,  good to learn :-), thanks.

But is by your experience then a difference in repair speed

a) defect item in an inactive slot ( = not selected slot )

b) defect item "on holidays"

`?

But is by your experience then a difference in repair speed

a) defect item in the "active" slot of the selected nation

b) defect item in the "active" slot of an unselected nation

Is there a difference in repair speed, if I connect to WT, so that I am online at the game tool ( but not doing battles ), or if I quit?

So when I am online, I understand that there is an "active slot" for every nation  ( G, UK, US, RU/USSR, JP ). I even may "watch" how the repair costs decrease :-).

But if I leave WP, ok is the latest selected slot that is repaired more quickly ?!

So I assume to reduce the repair costs more quickly, I should run the computer online with WT online, overnight :-), selecting the slot with the largest repair costs ( i.e. my 9000 SLs repair costs for "Ostwind" ) ?!

Sincerely

Rolf

Edited by hemmerling
medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Cyrant said:

The vehicles in slots that are shown at the bottom when you see that nation are the ones getting the crew repair, whether you are online or not. Everything else repairs at the same, slow rate.

So a good strategy would be to play with all nations :-),

indeed I have basic "BP Reserve-1.3" sets for every nation :-), now.

I also experience that the ground vehicle crew ( up to 5 members if you just pay your expenses with SLs, i.e. play for free ) share their experience with any set of ground vehicles  of their nation ( so that there is indeed just 1 crew for all sets, so that it can just repair items of the currently active set,

while the airforce crew doesn´t share experience with the ground vehicle sets, so you have to start from new with them ( with 0 keen-vision, 0 targeting,... its not just flying ).

But... consequently... the crew which repairs airplanes should have time+resources, to do that even if the active slot is that of a ground vehicle set :-), right :-)?!

Sincerely

Rolf

medal medal medal

• 3 months later...

I just checked with my airplanes,

if I buy the "expert" qualification, I get
+3 for repair speed

+0 for repair rank

So if I always get the "expert" qualification for my airplanes, a repair speed level of 2 would be enough to get repair speed 5,

while it doesn´t help for the repair rank.

Just after buying an airplane, and paying for the basic training, in higher BR level, I might not have enough money ( or think about it ) to order "expert" qualification additionally too...

Now with ground vehicles, even if I buy "expert", there is no indication that the repair speed is increased....

medal medal medal