What are the costs of bailing-out by "J" key, for ground vehicles?

hemmerling

What are the costs ( Silver Lions ) of bailing-out by "J" key, for ground vehicles?

In which situation should I do it?

What makes it sense at all, to "save" repair costs, time, ect?!

I read

Ground Forces has a problem, and it's the "J" key

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/25rj8c/ground_forces_has_a_problem_and_its_the_j_key/

but I didn´t understand the clue...

In real life in WWII, leaving a ground vehicle was in general useful ( after beeing shot down, i.e. cannon didn´t work anymore, no ammunition, motor defect )... while of course the bailed-out crew might be attaced by machine guns by the "Reds".... if the vehicle was under attack, at all.

Sincerely

Rolf

Edited by hemmerling
medal medal medal

a)Oh I know the precious value of a fire extinguisher :-)

b)Now, first time in my life, I was "forced" to leave my PanzerIIC with "J" key as I was out of ammunition, and still some potential of my blue team ( size of blue bar at the top) to act/win. This was never true with any other tank ( Panzer III, IV, 38t,..) :-(

c) With airplanes at ground battles, well if I see that my ground vehicle is in danger, but I can´t help with the airplane... maybe THATS a reason to bail-out of a plane ( doesn´t cost anything, LOL).

Edited by hemmerling
medal medal medal

39 minutes ago, hemmerling said:

b)Now, first time in my life, I was "forced" to leave my PanzerIIC with "J" key as I was out of ammunition, and still some potential of my blue team ( size of blue bar at the top) to act/win. This was never true with any other tank ( Panzer III, IV, 38t,..) :-(

Not sure if your aware but you can reload your ammo if your team holds one of the cap points. Just pull in and sit still and you'll auto-reload. You can repair that way also if you don't have parts and can manage to get there.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

4 hours ago, *ko102crew said:

Not sure if your aware but you can reload your ammo if your team holds one of the cap points. Just pull in and sit still and you'll auto-reload. You can repair that way also if you don't have parts and can manage to get there.

This is a great tip! I could have used it last week when my SPAA ran out of ammo and I ran to the edge of the battlefield instead of going to park at our cap. Thanks!

medal medal medal