Ground Vehicles of Non-Players, controlled by Artificial Intelligence ( AI )

hemmerling

In Arcade mode:

<updated>

Ground Vehicles of Non-Players, controlled by Artificial Intelligence ( AI )

1)

Today, at

Hürtgen Forest ( Vossenack ) in Germany,

http://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Battle_of_Hurtgen_Forest

I found some "anonymous ground vehicles", in domain specific language "Artificial Intelligence" driven vehicles, with ownwer "-", additional to the 16 standard ground vehicles.

First there was a blue one next to me,

then on an airstrike, I found a group of about 5 red ground vehicles ( tanks ), on the battleground.

Well I had an SPAA preset of 5 SPAA tanks, so no chance to visit them and kill them..

Of course I check the number of players and their names, there were as always 16 blue and 16 red players... nobody with name "-".

2) Lately, at

Berlin

http://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Berlin

during an airstrike, I think that I detected an airfield outside the ground-vehicle battlefield, on the map loaded by hitting the "M" key...

3) Always, when I am on the 

Ash River battleground

http://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Ash_River

, at the edge of the valley of capture point G10,

there is an anonymous tank (username "-" ) fireing into the valley, proably there are similar anonymous tanks fireing at the other side of the valley.

I got the clue that the tank is anonymous, as it was always there even if I was one of the first who arrived in the battle..

4) At

Jungle

http://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Jungle

I see now 4 tanks as cannon fodder at capture point "B" if there are 3 capture points ( the one on the left side of the battlefield )

5)

I now remember that there are sometimes high-altitude flying plane, on many battlefields, which never come down and attack ( ok they MIGHT do high-altitude bombing ). I cant remember that I can see a signature. So probably there are AI planes... too high to shoot them down by SPAAs.

Do you experience that too?

Do the vehicles have a special name?

Whats the role and reason for these anonymous ground vehicles? In case "1" the vehicles are totally static...

Ok I may easily shoot at them and make some points,

is there anything I should consider?

Does  destroying these anonymous vehicles, help to win the battle?  I can make some points, ok...

Sincerely

Rolf

Edited by hemmerling
medal medal medal

They are AI tanks, that are put there for cannon fodder, some of them are way off the map (Berlin) and you cannot shoot them with a tank.

The ones on Hurtgen forest, ash river, Jungle, and the fortress map (I forget the name) can be shot.  They generally do not do any damage if they hit you, unless they are very lucky.

It was something they had added when they first made maps, but with the newer maps they never bothered to include AI in them.  Also the first few maps use to have AA and Artillery on them also, that tanks and SPAA could destroy, but they removed them :-(

Only thing lately on the new maps I have seen was the balloons added on Normandy.

1. Yes, we all see the tanks.

2. They are identified as "-" because they are AI tanks.  But the AI tanks that are put in the battle will depend on the BR you are playing. 

3. They were originally put in to add a little realism to the battles, and allow for some points for weak tanks.  Developers never told us why, so a little bit of a guess.  They have a path that they follow and when they reach the end of the path they stop.

4. Yes they are worth points, shoot them, but keep an eye out for real players.  The AI generally does not damage you, but occasionally they get a good shot in.

5.  No as far as I know they do not help win the battle, but on some maps (jungle) one teams AI will de-cap and cap a point if they are not destroyed.

Edited by KillerAce4
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

I play since April 2016, but now for first time I realize AI tanks.... because they appear "in masses".

1 hour ago, KillerAce4 said:

Only thing lately on the new maps I have seen was the balloons added on Normandy.

yes, you may shoot them town,

tranforming the city into a flame hell for the unvisible civil residents.

Moreover, you may shoot down the baloons at the far-away empty production hall...

Does it make any sense to shoot the baloons down?! No SLs, I think.

Oh in real life, they were a danger to planes.. here too?!

To be honest, the baloons were shot down with every battle, so I never did an airraid with baloons over the town ( well.. the baloons over the hall are less important I think.. )

Edited by hemmerling
medal medal medal

The maps had artillery and AAA and were removed? That's a shame. Every time I see the FlaK guns on Berlin or the Katyushas in Poland (which I swear weren't there last year) I wish they were AI targets to destroy.

Anyway, the bot tanks are there just as targets. I don't remember any of them shooting at me. They don't repair or put out fires so they're basically free kills if you find them. 

I'm not sure about the balloons being a threat. Maybe they are in RB. They give no reward, but people still shoot them just because.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, KillerAce4 said:

I know shooting the ball0ons give you 6 points on your score, but not if they give you any SL or RP?  Does anyone have any definite proof that they give SL and RP?

I would imagine not. I think it's a destructible mesh component like a fence or wall. It's just eye candy. I am curious about that "wooshing" sound you hear on some maps like you are under a rocket barrage but I never see any ground explosions?

medal medal medal

The balloons used to give rp and sl...but they stopped that a few updates ago. I've seen a few planes hit the mooring lines and crash which is their point (but its rare because someone shoots them all down usually). There are a few sneaky AI tanks that cause damage and/or kill players. They fire HE shells which are dangerous to  AA and open TDs. One T34 on Hurtgen has killed several player vehicles (my T34-85 DT once) like T34s and Shermans but not for a while. And early in the game, when planes were first introduced to AB ground, there were AAA and artillery emplacements which could be killed by players (and counted as kills to get said planes). The removal of the AAA and arty as well as points for the barrage balloons was that teams spent the first 5 minutes killing all of them off before starting battle making games longer and queues longer if I remember correctly.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Í was attacked at the battleground "White Fortress" by an AI tank :-(, it really shot at me, outside the A/B/C capture points, I was just leaving the castle...

medal medal medal