Repair times for tanks

UseYourIlyushin2

Hi,  I've been playing for a while, and after much grinding (I'm pretty average), I've made it up to tier III tanks.  The repair times are really slow - slower than what is in the description.  According to some forums, this depends on the repair rank for the aircraft crew.  So I've spent my GLs on upgrading the repair ranks, but the repair times still seem to be really slow.  Anyone have any tips/suggestions on how to decrease the repair time?  Does the crew repair skill have any impact on this?

Thanks!

Field repair or hangar repair?

For field repair (repair in the middle of the match) you need to upgrade the Field Repair skill for your tank crews. All crew members have the skill and it adds up for the total.

If you mean hangar repair (the one that takes place if you turn off auto repair and takes a ridiculous amount of time), you need to go to the air crews and upgrade Repair Speed because aircraft mechanics work as tank mechanics in their spare time for some reason.   

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Game Master
3 hours ago, *sigma__zero said:

Field repair or hangar repair?

For field repair (repair in the middle of the match) you need to upgrade the Field Repair skill for your tank crews. All crew members have the skill and it adds up for the total.

If you mean hangar repair (the one that takes place if you turn off auto repair and takes a ridiculous amount of time), you need to go to the air crews and upgrade Repair Speed because aircraft mechanics work as tank mechanics in their spare time for some reason.   

Are you sure about that?

I just tried it out, and investing in "Repair Time" aircraft crew skill did not change anything in the repair time indicated for the tank respective crew slot!

2 hours ago, Schindibee said:

Are you sure about that?

I just tried it out, and investing in "Repair Time" aircraft crew skill did not change anything in the repair time indicated for the tank respective crew slot!

It should work unless it's bugged. For example, the StuG III G has a listed hangar repair time of 6h 45m by default. Switching it to my crew with maxed Repair Skill and Expert crew lowers it to 3h 9m and an ace crew would drop it further to 2h 5m. You might also need to invest in Repair Rank to match the rank of your tank for it to work. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Schindibee said:

Are you sure about that?

If it's, say, a Tier three tank, your aircrew needs to have the corresponding repair rank (3) before their repair skill kicks in:

RR_online.jpg

Don't expect it to be particularly useful once you've gone past T3, unless you're using it for vehicles you don't play much (or you're away from your comp for a day or two).  As you can see, though, bumping the repair rank up to three (to match the tier of the tank) shaved over 30 hours off of the repair time, and that's before bumping up the repair skill.

Also, your repair times will skyrocket if the vehicle that requires repairing isn't the current active vehicle in that particular crew slot (to a factor of going from, as a rough example, a six-hour repair to a ten day repair) - god forbid we be able to use the crew slot for one vehicle while another one repairs, after all.  Best feeling when you forget to swap your damaged vehicles into the active crew slots before going away for a week, only to come back to find them barely touched

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Thanks all for the useful advice - yes, it's hangar repair time.  Those guys are pretty handy as they'll need to be repairing boats there soon too, in the hangar.

Reaps - thanks for the added detail - you have confirmed what I feared, and also the same frustration that several vehicles cannot be fixed at the same time.  Still, the stupidly long repair times vs stupidly high repair costs helps to limit the amount of time played.  Why that's good for Gaijin I'm not sure.

• Senior Game Master

Ah yes, I forgot about Repair Rank!    Silly me...

I'll test again, thanks for the heads up!  = )

Edit: Tested and confirmed: Aircraft Ground Crew Repair Rank and Repair Time does also affect Ground Vehicle Repair time.

Didn't klnow that - guesss I'll have to reassign some points...   ;-)