What is the size a WT ground battlefield, in km2 ?

hemmerling

What is the size a WT ground battlefield, in km2 ( __ km  x __ km ) ?

The in-game map size is a grid of 10x10 unities, in the overview mode before the battle starts. The in-game map ( displayed by pressing the "M" key ) during the real battle is much smaller, 5.5x5.5.

Please reason your opinion.. or knowledge :-).

Consider the speed of ground vehicles, and the time needed to pass the territory, or a single grid.

And by this, how is the relation between WT ground and air battlefields

a)technical

The 10x10 / 5.5x5.5 grids of ground warefare correspond to what in the 11.5x11.5 / 10.5x10.5 grids of air warefare?

b) is the techical answer realistic from gamer experience ?

Consider the speed of ground vehicles and airplanes to pass the territory, or a single grid.

Consider your experience of the 60-second airraids with full aerial map, during ground warefare.

I just realize that with some - maybe "modern / lately created" maps, the map style changed from 11.5x11.5 painted map to satellite view map, with no grids.

You might tell us also your opinion and a comparison of the size of aerial and ground battlefields of WT versus WT's online competitors ( WOT, AF, H&G,... ) or similar legacy single-player war games....

So best is to create a list of battlefields, with the estimated or calculated size in real life, in km2.

See my question about the size of the aerial battlefield, and my question in the German subforum.

Sincerely

Rolf

Edited by hemmerling
medal medal medal

it depends:
Ground forces map
Sinaï : 1.8km*1.8km
El alamein : 4.5km*4.5km (if we use the old Spawn systeme,...)

Air Forces map depends on many things:
Game mode (AB/RB/SB)
type of battle mode (Domination/ground attack/ etc...)

and i realized a suggestion for a real map (for ground forces) with a 144km² size (12km*12km)
see it here (and could you translate it in german langage to create a special extend to german community, please?)

Edited by Cpt_Bel_V
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I am shocked that there is no standard.

Indeed urban / city maps like Berlin and Cologne look "smaller" than countryside maps...

In real life, there is a commercial paper map publisher, FALK,

who had a special metering system, "parabolic projection"

https://www.google.de/search?q=parabolic+projection

, by that the scale increased from grid to grid, starting at a high resolution in the mid of the map ( usually a town ).

By that, it is almost impossible to measure distances. It might be that the distance between the grids on the paper map are the same... or even that not...

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falk_(Verlag)

So what kind of measuring system do wie have with WT,

as the number of grid cells is the same for each painted map?

Edited by hemmerling
medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, hemmerling said:

I am shocked that there is no standard.

Indeed urban / city maps like Berlin and Cologne look "smaller" than countryside maps...

In real life, there is a commercial paper map publisher, FALK,

who had a special metering system, "parabolic projection", by that the scale increased from grid to grid, starting at a high resolution in the mid of the map ( usually a town ).

By that, it is almost impossible to measure distances. It might be that the distance between the grids on the paper map are the same... or even that not...

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falk_(Verlag)

So what kind of measuring system do wie have with WT,

as the number of grid cells is the same for each painted map?

it's normal

Idk about that

we don't get the same numbers of grid cells, and the size of each grid cells is different (depend of maps) (i see a map with 150m*150m grid and another with 450m*450m) 

Note: did you read my demand?

10 minutes ago, Cpt_Bel_V said:

Note: did you read my demand?

In more friendly and honorful English language, you should ask "Did you read my wish?" :-)

medal medal medal

Just now, hemmerling said:

In more friendly and honorful English language, you should ask "Did you read my wish?" :-)

yes

But i'm speaking about my own suggestion,... 

57 minutes ago, Cpt_Bel_V said:

and i realized a suggestion for a real map (for ground forces) with a 144km² size (12km*12km)
see it here (and could you translate it in german langage to create a special extend to german community, please?)

23 minutes ago, Cpt_Bel_V said:

But i'm speaking about my own suggestion,...

I passed the vote :-), what else shall I do?!

Ahhh... you did NOT ask to translate my question about the size of maps ( I did, by your "request" :-), LOL ),

but to translate your wish for a French battlefield :-)?!

As it is too complex to translate everything, best is to set "spam messages" with pointing to your original English posting to the German forum...

Most Germans understand English... if they don´t look in the specific English forum, maybe because they have not time, are not interested....

See my on posting, of which your's is part of an answer

Edited by hemmerling
medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, hemmerling said:

I passed the vote :-), what else shall I do?!

Ahhh... you did NOT ask to translate my question about the size of maps ( I did, by your "request" :-), LOL ),

but to translate your wish for a French battlefield :-)?!

As it is too complex to translate everything, best is to set "spam messages" with pointing to your original English posting to the German forum...

Most Germans understand English... if they don´t look in the specific English forum, maybe because they have not time, are not interested....

yeah but it can interested them : recreate the invasion of france in 1940, and recreate the ned of the war, with a motivated german army. 

if you can post it in german sub-forum (with a translation if possible : as italian did) and send me the link about this one to add it in main topic. Thank you.

at

I was just told, that

ground maps have a maximum size of 4x4km, aerial maps 100x100 km.

The number of grids is always the same, but not the actual scaled landscape, so many maps are "smaller".

medal medal medal

Crikey, I see what you're saying, Ariel bombing should really be lucky to fall within 1/8 of a typical map and no pinpoint GPS guided 1m^2 accuracy.

Amen to that Herman !!! 

medal