Panzerkampfwagen VII Löwe (VK7201)

ConQueRor

What do you all think about adding Löwe to the game? I just want to know your opinions about this, imo it would be a very interesting addition to the game. As a 7.0 Br premium vehicle. It is my dream vehicle for WT.

8a0fee56e89bae2b888ed547e8d6b974.jpg

Edited by ConQueRor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Early design for the Lowe would fail badly because the long 8.8 puts it at 6.7 BR with a bad hp/t ratio and 80mm frontal plate that would be shredded by most other tanks.

The late design all though never built would make an excellent addition to the game.

medal medal

7 minutes ago, Drahau said:

Early design for the Lowe would fail badly because the long 8.8 puts it at 6.7 BR with a bad hp/t ratio and 80mm frontal plate that would be shredded by most other tanks.

The late design all though never built would make an excellent addition to the game.

Yeah. I am talking about 10.5cm L/70 and 15cm variant

In the current state the 10.5 with 10mm more pen over the 8.8 and triple the reload is just not really worth it.

But yes 10.5.

15cm is a no no, as far as I know only Maus and E100 were considered to have such guns.

medal medal

12 minutes ago, Drahau said:

In the current state the 10.5 with 10mm more pen over the 8.8 and triple the reload is just not really worth it.

But yes 10.5.

15cm is a no no, as far as I know only Maus and E100 were considered to have such guns.

They thought about putting 15cm gun also on Löwe. The 10.5 packs an extra punch over 8.8, I consider 10.5 beeing the better gun for sniping which Löwe would be great at, it would benefit from hull-down positions because of the very strong turret armor. Sadly this project was overshadowed by Maus(BiGgEr=BeTtEr)

Edited by ConQueRor

On 02/04/2019 at 21:19, ConQueRor said:

They thought about putting 15cm gun also on Löwe. The 10.5 packs an extra punch over 8.8, I consider 10.5 beeing the better gun for sniping which Löwe would be great at, it would benefit from hull-down positions because of the very strong turret armor. Sadly this project was overshadowed by Maus(BiGgEr=BeTtEr)

I think it would be a great tank between Maus and Tiger II H 10.5

medal medal

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/04/2019 at 20:50, ConQueRor said:

What do you all think about adding Löwe to the game? I just want to know your opinions about this, imo it would be a very interesting addition to the game. As a 7.0 Br premium vehicle. It is my dream vehicle for WT.

Why premium? Every vehicle that is recently added is premium why we the mortal part of the community cant get some new and exciting stuff?

Besides i think it would be great replacement for KT 105, Lowe looks bit different unlike just slaping new gun to KT and make you research the pretty much ame tank 2 times

• Upvote 1
medal medal

On 02/04/2019 at 15:10, Drahau said:

But yes 10.5.

the 105 for the lowe is not the same as the one for the tiger 2 105 .

the lowe had a L70 105 planned for it . 

would the 15cm(assuming the one planned for the maus/e100) even fit in the turret of the lowe ?

I remember reading that the nazi wasnt even sure if the 15cm would work in the maus turret and the lowes is smaller .

Then again with a different breech design its possible . Ive seen 155s like in the m109 with the interrupted thread style breach and the breech on those is no bigger than the breech block for the 105 L7 .Really saves alot of space using a interrupted thread design but im sure it has draw backs .

13 minutes ago, lNFERN0 said:

Why premium? Every vehicle that is recently added is premium why we the mortal part of the community cant get some new and exciting stuff?

Besides i think it would be great replacement for KT 105, Lowe looks bit different unlike just slaping new gun to KT and make you research the pretty much ame tank 2 times

I do think the lowe is unique looking , I believe the tracks are also alot wider than a KTs , the king tiger tracks are 880mm in width iirc the lowes are 1000mm wide .

Id rather see the turbine king tiger though with 1200hp .It would have more mobility than a is7 lol . 

3 hours ago, Jagd27 said:

Sadly this tank never was built only exist in paper.

As did many others that are in the game.

Some like the Super Pershing, T95, were unique, one in the world, but we get the game spammed with them anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
medal medal

3 hours ago, Jagd27 said:

Have look at American/Russian/Japanese tree 

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Drahau said:

As did many others that are in the game.

Some like the Super Pershing, T95, were unique, one in the world, but we get the game spammed with them anyway.

4 hours ago, xxx_freelancer_x said:

I know, the others nations have tons of prototypes. But with the exception of HO-RI all the others were built, and the difference is Japan GF tree is very poor and need some special treatment, meanwhile Germany have more options like fully or partially built prototypes.

I really love the Lowe, but knowing Gaijin i think never will add more paper tanks for Germany.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/04/2019 at 14:31, Jagd27 said:

Unbenannt.thumb.PNG.6a9bcf3b7c76051a0de4Dosent matter as it looks ;)

• Technical Moderator

Honestly, now that the Tiger II 10,5cm has been discussed more, there don't seem to be many replacements for it, meaning a paper-vehicle seems very likely by now. If it were to be a paper-kitty, I'd hope it'll be this one. It looks very unique and has that kind of design, that to me, seems like it screams WW2 1946.

And if the Löwe would be chosen as a replacement for the Tiger II 10,5cm, I'd really hope it gets the 105mm L/70 cannon! :mitraljez:

Edited by Stuhlfleisch
  • Like 1

On 02/04/2019 at 14:50, ConQueRor said:

On 29/04/2019 at 06:38, lNFERN0 said:

Yeah, make it a regular for the tree. Have it be the upgraded version so it can operate in the 6.7 BR range. This should be the transitional tank from WWII to post era. 

• Like 2
medal medal medal

On 29/04/2019 at 11:40, xxx_freelancer_x said:

What tanks in the american tree are paper tanks ?

If you're talking about the T29/30/34 those were built and tested and actually ready for full production.

On 08/05/2019 at 10:34, *KnightsCross20 said:

Yeah, make it a regular for the tree. Have it be the upgraded version so it can operate in the 6.7 BR range. This should be the transitional tank from WWII to post era. 

it would probably be a 7.0 or 7.3

19 hours ago, zedisdeadbaby said:

it would probably be a 7.0 or 7.3

That’s what I meant by range. 7.0 would probably be the best. 7.3 BR might be pushing it. Again as long as it’s the one with all the upgrades.

medal medal medal

4 hours ago, *KnightsCross20 said:

That’s what I meant by range. 7.0 would probably be the best. 7.3 BR might be pushing it. Again as long as it’s the one with all the upgrades.

I imagine it would be like a german T32 , good turret armor with a so so hull but a better gun than what the t32 gets .

I agree 7.3 you start getting into heat fs spam , however there are tanks at even 7.7 that shouldnt be there . 

How much different is the gun than the tigers 105 , its what a L68 vs the lowes L70 ?

I dont have a problem with paper tanks so long as they fit the technical or mechanical limitations of their era .

The 1200hp turbine king tiger would also be a good possible replacement .

I coudlnt find the length of the lowe but looks to be about the length as the king tiger .

Anyhow for 90 tons spread over two tracks 1000mm in width at 24ft long the ground pressure should be about 7.9 psi , and i came up with 6.8 psi for the king tiger at 68 tons .

Not sure how good or bad these numbers are but from what im reading they are actually less than what wheeled vehicles exert on the ground like cars and trucks etc

I miscalculated the king tigers ground psi , it had 800mm tracks instead of 880 like i thought so its ground pressure is 10.8 psi which is higher than the lowes ..

So even given its weight the lowe shouldnt be to bad on going through rough terrain .

Edited by zedisdeadbaby

• 1 year later...

The VK 70.01 (K) Löwe would be more interesting in my opinion. It'd probably have a bit more survivability ingame because of the rear mounted turret, and mid engine design. If a round does go through, the engine and the transmission would just absorb all of the shrapnel. Also, since it is a blueprint tank, the devs can play around with specs to balance it out just like the ingame Maus.

Edited by Landkreuzer11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...