Yakovlev Yak-9U

ElBarca

I was about to tell you to stop spamming but i saw the "Developer" tag xD

• Upvote 3
medal medal

no take off power top speeds?

The VK-107 wasn't very good with cooling, so running it on take-off power to try to accelerate to a top speed wasn't very feasible. This is the same case with a lot of aircraft, actually, and is very common practice among climb tests. That's why there is much less data on climbing ability under WEP than there is with nominal engine settings; and to a lesser extent level flight speeds.

medal medal medal

• 10 months later...

Is this data still valid as of 1.45?

I mainly ask because the Yak-9U doesn't share the same amount of unlockable engine modifications as the Yak-9P and Yak-9UT (lacks both "Engine Injection" and "100 Octane"), yet fully modified they seem to make the same power.  To be honest though i am more concerned with if this data is still correct for 1.45 as this datasheet is quite old. 

edit: Yes it is!

Edited by Ottobon
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 months later...

This plane is only making 1450 HP at WEP with very short spikes to 1550 HP. Why is this power setting wrong?

medal medal

• 3 weeks later...

This plane is only making 1450 HP at WEP with very short spikes to 1550 HP. Why is this power setting wrong?

lots of planes like that, they still get up to the speeds there supposed to, climb about correct etc.....just means FM still needs a bit work with propeller modeling and usually a little drag etc....99% of the time this results in them simply having slightly worse low speed acceleration, but better high speed acceleration until their FMs are corrected, on a plane like the Yak-9U this difference will be noticeable but minor, its not the worst offender by any means (Ki-84s are in about the exact same spot right now)

I can promise you if you go and test it then it matches basically everything in this datasheet, fun part is its speed is listed with Nominal power but the plane has WEP, so it has a super-secret top speed actually :D

Edited by Ottobon

• 2 months later...

Stall speed?

You would have to test it ingame and report back here one way or another, Soviets where famous for doing lots of interesting energy retention tests, virage time tests, but then not recording basic things like stall speed, if they did then its still classified or unavailable. 

Edited by Ottobon

• 3 months later...

This plane has good speed but since the WEP removal lacks power for maneuver fighting with the better dogfighters out there. It might ve been a bit overboard at 4.3 with yak9p level power rating before but now its a bit subpar in turn.

When I remember correctly it got less power but still acheives the speeds listed in the data sheet.. and the turn turn is also like it had take off mode.. I don't know what they did with it but it is a frankenstein of a plane..

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

When I remember correctly it got less power but still acheives the speeds listed in the data sheet.. and the turn turn is also like it had take off mode.. I don't know what they did with it but it is a frankenstein of a plane..

it goes 680 kmh at 5 km and 575 at SL. The climb rate is poor tho with around 5:00 for 5 km. Turning isnt great either although its better then the p47/fw a4. lacks power but can fly fast.

WEP was rly nice on this plane but if it had this it should ve been 4.7 i think. they decided to remove it and keep it 4.3 since some of the early yak9u didnt handle WEP well, only later it was fixed.

Edited by Max__Damage
medal medal

Nah, it doesn't fly at 100% like it has WEP. It just doesn't have WEP.

medal medal medal

100% still gives it its max speed if thats what you re asking about

Yes but the climb and acceleration suffer. WEP was nice to have, all they had to do was bump its BR.

It's the Yak-9UT the one with the same performance suffering big time at 5.7 BR because of overwhelming armament.

medal medal medal medal medal

Yes but the climb and acceleration suffer. WEP was nice to have, all they had to do was bump its BR.

It's the Yak-9UT the one with the same performance suffering big time at 5.7 BR because of overwhelming armament.

Yes would love to see yak9u at 4.7 with wep. The nerf kind of killed the plane.

Edited by Max__Damage
medal medal

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...