Neubaufahrzeug - german multi-turret tank

Soric_

Neubaufahrzeug V / VI   

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want this tank implemented into game?

• yes, premium tank
    • yes, normal tank
    • no, we don't need this
  2. 2. If yes: NbFz V or VI or both?

• NbFz V
    • NbFz VI
    • both

• Senior Forum Moderator

The "Neubaufahrzeug" was a secret development of a new tank with three turrets started in 1933. It was also inspired by the multi-turret tank T-35 and it would be a nice adding for the german tech-tree (maybe as premium tank) to get also a multiturret tank, even if the two lower turrets just armed with MG 34 but with a coaxial KwK at the main-turret.

Only 5 tanks were build during 1934 - 1936, 2 NbFz. V by Rheinmetall and 3 NbFz VI by Krupp. Three of the five prototyps saw combat at the norway campaign.  

Main differnce of Rheinmetall and Krupp versions are the primary turret -  both got a 7,5 cm KwK L/24, but Krupp got a coaxial 3,7cm KwK L/45 and Rheinmetall mounted the 3,7cm above the main gun. Also the Krupp turret could have reassembled by a 10,5cm howitzer. There secondary weapons were two lower turrets with 7,92 mm MG 13/34.

It's armor was from 13mm-20mm and got 30 km/h at street and 20 km/h offroad.

nbfzg42fdkicwn.jpg

I would prefer the NbFz VI from Krupp to see at the game, because by it's technic of a coaxial 3,7 KwK L/45 and the more german looking turret.. the one from Rheinmetall the NbFz V looking more like a big T-46 turret.

pictures of the Krupp NbFz VI with coaxial 3,7cm.

nbfz6_14.jpgNbFz+0000c.jpg

pictures of the Rheinmetall NbFz V

NbFz+0000rheinturret.jpg002.jpg

Edit: from later posts.

RYCmSIn.gif

Edited by Soric_
  • Upvote 39

Low armor, Big gun (10,5 cm) , Big target, maybe a German Tog? but anyways , smaller front turret looks like it is off of some Pz. II models and Pz. I, not sure if that is going to be affective, but it could be something interesting, and mix up the gameplay in this game.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

• Senior Forum Moderator

It would be really interessting with the Krupp turret by firing 7,5cm KwK L/24 and koaxial 3,7cm KwK L/45 at one target at the same time or with a second interrupt because of different key-bindings :D Maybe BR 1.7-2.0 like the Pz IV C or the T-28. MG-34 turrets should also be effectiv against AAA and arty or even AA trucks / Zis-30.

Or we just got the version with 10,5cm howitzer to troll T-34 prototyps with HEAT or HE :)

Edited by Soric_
  • Upvote 1

well its pretty much a lower counterpart to the t35 and give germans something weird/interesting too ^^ i like the idea.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Forum Moderator

Like you can also read at the book source i postet at the first post, only the Krupp NbFz VI were made of "tank"-steel while the Rheinmetall NbFz V were made of soft steel. Another reason to prefer the Krupp version.

Also this tanks were one of the last ones (EDIT thx ReachForTheSky) with a driven tailwheel at german tank history. You may can see it at the picture, only the tailwheel was a gearwheel for drive.

Neubaufahrzeug-1.jpg

only front an turrets got 20mm armor, the rest had only 13mm

RYCmSIn.gif

Edited by Soric_
  • Upvote 5

Low armor, Big gun (10,5 cm) , Big target, maybe a German Tog? but anyways , smaller front turret looks like it is off of some Pz. II models and Pz. I, not sure if that is going to be affective, but it could be something interesting, and mix up the gameplay in this game.

the TOG is a big armoured personnel carrier with a BESA MG and a 17pdr, please that thing won't even stand against a tog (excluding HEAT shells)

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

• Senior Forum Moderator

the TOG is a big armoured personnel carrier with a BESA MG and a 17pdr, please that thing won't even stand against a tog (excluding HEAT shells)

It won't even the same BR ;)  I really hope if they introduce this "thing" it would be by 1.7, maybe 2.0 with the 10,5cm howitzer.. .

i'm still searching for pictures or sources if they ever fitted the turret with the planned 10,5cm...

btw: don't you thing the NbFz VI looking like a tank from the WH 40k universy?

EDIT: sorry they just removed the upper gun-mantle at this picture... no 10,5cm howitzer :(

8cgc6r.jpg

Edited by Soric_
  • Upvote 2

• Senior Forum Moderator

I know this pictures just show models, but it's a good way to compare it's size to other tanks

Comparing with T-28

SNBFZ09.jpg

comparing with Pz IV 

IMG_2441.jpg

comparing with Stug III

IMG_1111.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Senior Forum Moderator
Finally found a picture which shows the tank from inside... Okay its just a drawing and shows not the real tank, but an conceptdrawing.. Btw this subtitle of the pic is weird
9llnp2.jpg

It also had no fourth turret in the end

Edit: okay found out that this pic is from a book what to do if germany invade UK XD
I'm not sure how reliable this pic is but it should nearly looked like that Edited by Soric_
  • Upvote 1

I wouldn't buy it most likely, it's a huge target with no firepower worth mentioning.

I'd say something comparable to the ZIS-30 would be needed far more.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

• Senior Forum Moderator

okay added pool :) any idea what else i can ask?

• Upvote 1