Handley Page Hampden

Kempston

Would You Like the Handley Page Hampden In Game?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Like The Handley Page Hampden in Game?

• Yes! It's a great idea to improve Britains Bomber line!
    • Yes, but do we need it?
    • No!

Looking at what has and hasn't been placed forward onto the suggestions, I noticed a somewhat iconic aircraft that has neither been suggested and isn't in game. The Handley Page Hampden -  one of the first bombers over Reich territory (poor ol' Goering, he'll never live that down!) and was one of the early war bombers that could prove to be an effective bomber preferably tier 2? or maybe 1'll do,? anyway, I won't be expecting it to have a high BR as like all British bombers, they were poorly armed with a half decent bomb load (excluding Lancaster).

I think this would be a good aircraft to go into game as at the moment it goes: Swordfish, Wellington (Escalates quickly doesn't it?) and that doesn't look good for the Brits as you go from a bi-plane with until recently just a torpedo, to a Wellington, which is capable of carrying cookies!

Hope you like the idea and pictures attached below! :salute:

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

I feel sure that this has been suggested before, however looking at the list it has not  8/s

Open for discussion 

i like the Hampton and the Blenheim mk1 (of which i had suggested and is documented) and would love to see it in game 

medal

Length: 51ft 7in

Wingspan: 69ft 2in

Height: 14ft 4in

Max. Speed: 265mph at 15,000ft

Ceiling: 19,000ft

Range: 1,095ft

Powerplant: 2x Bristol Pegasus XVIII 9-cylinder, radial engine. 980 horse power (each)

Payload: 11,780lb

Defensive Armament: 4 to 6 .303 Vickers K machine guns. In the nose top and bottom of the aircraft (2 in the nose) 

@smin1080p

I was actually quite surprised too when I found it hadn't appeared to have been suggested before!

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

• 2 years later...
8 hours ago, Tiger_74Sqn said:

Its in the release tree so hopefully we'll see it soon

That is indeed the case, therefore this thread can be closed as it's expected to enter the game at some point in the future.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal