Organisation of the Japanese tier 5

Orlunu

OK, the placement of the Ki-200 and the Saburu in the Japanese tree's been bugging me a bit (I know, I don't have them, I'm just a bit weird) as it doesn't seem like the most sensible placement to me.  Mostly because of the Sabre, which has no reason to be in the Navy line other than because the Ki-200's in the Army line and they might want both of them to end in tier 5.  For the Ki-200, it would actually make more sense for it to be named the J8M1 and placed in the Navy tree, as it was the Navy version which was actually made and flew -- and, being armed with the IJN Type 5s rather than the IJA Ho-155s, it's the version that's actually in-game at the moment :secret:.  If you add the Kikka to the Navy line, which seems most likely atm, you'll be punctuating a whole line of air-superiority fighters with a rather lumbering attacker.  I foresee horrible, horrible chaos.

So, I propose a new layout which will keep the most internal consistency with all of the lines -- craft which have been officially suggested but not confirmed will be put in brackets, J8M2 hasn't been suggested, but I'm just pointing out where it would fit very nicely in this setup:

Navy line: J8M1 (renamed from Ki-200) -> +J8M2+ -> (J8M3)

Army line: (T-33) -> F-86F-30 -> (F-86-40)

Heavy fighter/attacker/double engined thinggies line: Kikka -> (Ki-201)

Light bomber line: R2Y2 ko -> R2Y2 otsu -> R2Y2 hei

Far more self-consistent and in following with the lines that they inherit from, no?  What do you think?

Edited by Orlunu
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal

Far more self-consistent and in following with the lines that they inherit from, no?  What do you think?

Well if you call the R2Y2's by I, II, III then im all for it  ;)s  nah im just kidding, but yes. But i do believe the Ki-200 should still be in there though. The problem with the Ki-200 in game at the moment, is that it has the wrong cannons. The Type 5 cannons were for the J8M1 - the Ki-200 was to use the Ho-155 cannons. 

Edited by CherryBlossom
  • Upvote 1
medal

Well if you call the R2Y2's by I, II, III then im all for it

The problem with the Ki-200 in game at the moment, is that it has the wrong cannons. The Type 5 cannons were for the J8M1 - the Ki-200 was to use the Ho-155 cannons. 

Never! Smile-izmena.gif

All the more reason to make it into the J8M1.  ;)s I did think of that when making the OP, but it seems that I didn't put it in.  I will now.

I'd be fine with retaining the Ki-200 and the Ki-202 separately from the Navy line, but I'm not sure how keen the devs would be on the almost exact duplication.  I can't see why they'd be against it, but they might be.

T-44? So.... we will have flying jet tanks?

T-33.  :facepalm: Will also change now.

Edited by Orlunu
  • Upvote 1

Never! Smile-izmena.gif

All the more reason to make it into the J8M1.  ;)s I did think of that when making the OP, but it seems that I didn't put it in.  I will now.

T-33.  :facepalm: Will also change now.

Then Its war!

We need all three rocket aircraft, along with the Ki-202  ;)s

medal

Then Its war!

We need all three rocket aircraft, along with the Ki-202  ;)s

I will never surrender.  :kamikadze:

With J8M1, J8M2, J8M3, Ki-200 and Ki-202 I count five, six if your insane idea for including the Mizuno Shinryu II somehow gets in.  ;)s

I will never surrender.  :kamikadze:

With J8M1, J8M2, J8M3, Ki-200 and Ki-202 I count five, six if your insane idea for including the Mizuno Shinryu II somehow gets in.  ;)s

If its war you want, then war you shall get :kamikadze:

Well the J8M3 didn't actually exist as an actual aircraft. It would of existed if the Army had offered the Ki-202 to the Navy but thats not enough to have the navy version of it  :(s  I count four! 

Thats cheeky, but my beloved Shinryu would actually be impossible to have in :(s 

medal

Well the J8M3 didn't actually exist as an actual aircraft.

One branch's projected near-identical variant of the other's rocket point interceptor, that wasn't actually made?  What does that remind me of?  :lol:

Of course...

Ki-200 ofcourse. You silly ;)s

On an unrelated matter, Someone else has already suggested the Ki-201 to the devs...

Edited by CherryBlossom
medal

Have you thought about suggesting this? Or perhaps forwarding this to Lassar?

I'm thinking about it right now, I just like to canvass for opinions on all of my suggestions before making them.

I'm thinking about it right now, I just like to canvass for opinions on all of my suggestions before making them.

Ofcourse. I just think by looking at it straight away, that its how it should be. But the R2Y2 designation...

Hopefully its actually listened to. The J7W1 will be mentioned soon and if this isn't suggested in time, it will be behind the Kitsuka me thinks in the navy line. 

Edited by CherryBlossom
medal

Ofcourse. I just think by looking at it straight away, that its how it should be. But the R2Y2 designation...

Hopefully its actually listened to. The J7W1 will be mentioned soon and if this isn't suggested in time, it will be behind the Kitsuka me thinks in the navy line. 

It's a prop.  Later in BR, most likely, but not in tier.

If you're talking about the possibility of the J7W2 being in; without my system it'll probably follow the Kikka in the naval line, under my system it'd follow the J8M3 in the naval line.

If everyone agrees with this system, I'll propose it for reals tomorrow.

It's a prop.  Later in BR, most likely, but not in tier.

If you're talking about the possibility of the J7W2 being in; without my system it'll probably follow the Kikka in the naval line, under my system it'd follow the J8M3 in the naval line.

If everyone agrees with this system, I'll propose it for reals tomorrow.

I meant the J7W1 being behind it as in the aircraft you need to research before you get the Kikka, not in tier wise. Because they are both navy planes. 

No not the J7W2, i have notinterest for the plane being in. But the problem is with the J8M3 is the aircraft didnt exist - only the Ki-202 did. 

I agree with your system - It should be properly suggested. I'm off to bed at this time so i will catch-up with you later :salute:

medal

I meant the J7W1 being behind it as in the aircraft you need to research before you get the Kikka, not in tier wise. Because they are both navy planes. 

No not the J7W2, i have notinterest for the plane being in. But the problem is with the J8M3 is the aircraft didnt exist - only the Ki-202 did. 

I agree with your system - It should be properly suggested. I'm off to bed at this time so i will catch-up with you later :salute:

Ah, I think of that as 'in front', 'cos it's nearer to the start.  :Ds

I don't really want the J7W2 in either, just didn't understand you properly.

See you tomorrow.

I can't see why we can't have both the Ki-200 and J8M1.  

Germans have 3 rocket planes (2 rocket assist technically) all with 4 mins of fuel or more of just rocket fuel.

Why can't we have 2 with only 4:10.  Also, not sure why Japan's take off and landing gas tax is higher than the Germans (the 2 rocket assist have no tax)

Not sure I like the Kikka in with the army heavy fighters.  It is kinda a weird duck but it is a navy plane.

medal

Not sure I like the Kikka in with the army heavy fighters.  It is kinda a weird duck but it is a navy plane.

Eh, I'd never thought of it as an 'Army' heavy fighter line, I'd thought of it quite like the multi-engine bomber line -- defined by function.  I expect that the J1N1 and J1N2 variants will be in this line when they turn up, for example.

In terms of function, it fits with the double engines better than the Zero line.  In particular, it is extremely close to the Ki-45 hei and the Ki-102 otsu.  (Side note, why are the Ki-45s in the wrong order in the tech tree?)

I see your point, though I guess it depends on where they fit the J1N's.

Also, remember the Me.262 is currently in the single engine fighter line rather than the HF line. (yes I think that is wrong but we are dealing with Gaijin logic)

I was always hoping for 3 separate single fighter lines, Navy Carrier, Navy Land, Army; then you get Army HF.  

Still even this setup, Kikka and J1N's have no true home. 

Ah who we kidding, it is going after the N1K's and we'll have to grind it with those broken planes to punish us. (is it just me or did this last mini make them even worse)

medal

Ah who we kidding, it is going after the N1K's and we'll have to grind it with those broken planes to punish us. (is it just me or did this last mini make them even worse)

I don't have a clue, I'm struggling to get far with my early tier 4 planes.  Grinding components out's hard vs jets and B-17s. N1K's out of my range.

I don't have a clue, I'm struggling to get far with my early tier 4 planes.  Grinding components out's hard vs jets and B-17s. N1K's out of my range.

I don't envy you, I am glad I got all that done long before bomber thunder really took off.

medal

Navy line: J8M1 (renamed from Ki-200) -> +J8M2+ -> (J8M3)

Army line: (T-33) -> F-86F-30 -> (F-86-40)

Heavy fighter/attacker/double engined thinggies line: Kikka -> (Ki-201)

Seems acceptable for me, however, I'd delete the J8M2 or at least put it in a bracket with the J8M1.

Nobody is going to fly a rocket with a single 30mm cannon which probably ends up overtiered and overpriced to repair.

Otherwise, I suggest you to post that in the suggestion forum with some infos. (Not all know that Ki-201 as example wasn't built).