88mm flak gun half track

Th3hadyn

With current BR and T34 fighting panzer 2Cs i think the 88mm flak gun half track would be a great german ZIS 30 counter part i.e little to no armor with a great gun! so a high power gun to pen a kill T50/T34/KV 1 getting into T1 games. it would also make seance cos it was in service in 1939/1940 for it to be T1. what do u guys/gals think?  edit: also BR should be somewhere around 1.7 to 2.3 anyone agree?

Edited by Th3hadyn
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal

We need data for it if we want it to be implemented.

ok den

caliber:88

combat wight: 7,800KG

barrel:L/74(6,545mm)

elevation: -3 degrees to + 90 degrees

traverse: 360 degrees

ammunition wight : HE 9.4KG, AP 10.2KG

muzzle velocity: 1000m/s

max pen: 192mm at 10m

max speed 27kph

[attachment=91012:88mm flak truck.jpg]

and armor was around 13mm thick.

Edited by Th3hadyn
  • Upvote 8

Wish people would stop using the "TIER" word. WT don't use tier system but BR. Every match is pure BR based and if you understand how the matching works you will know which tanks can ne in same battle together.

What you call "tier" is just "era" representation and in hour case its rank 1 which is roughly 1939 to 1941
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Wish people would stop using the "TIER" word. WT don't use tier system but BR. Every match is pure BR based and if you understand how the matching works you will know which tanks can ne in same battle together.

What you call "tier" is just "era" representation and in hour case its rank 1 which is roughly 1939 to 1941

well a Br of 1.7 then like the ZIS 30.

why always take the zis-30 as exemple ?

anyway try to hit a biplan with a 88mm just pure over kill

nah put it at br 2.7-3 so it face it historical prey the kv's

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

She is name , 

Sd,kfz 9 Famo 18t 

BIUFTwm.png

• Upvote 3
medal medal

ok den

caliber:88

combat wight: 7,800KG

barrel:L/74(6,545mm)

elevation: -3 degrees to + 90 degrees

traverse: 360 degrees

ammunition wight : HE 9.4KG, AP 10.2KG

muzzle velocity: 1000m/s

max pen: 192mm at 10m

max speed 27kph

attachicon.gif88mm flak truck.jpg

and armor was around 13mm thick.

Soooo, a Tiger with 13mm of armor and two less degrees of depression?

medal

1940 model

medal medal

1940 model

Tier 4

BR 6.9 atleast :Ds

and gaijin will articial nerf it with a non removeabel roof like the current flaktruck :good:

fun aside, i hope we get it. we need MORE halftracks...

• Upvote 3

what is it with people? as soon as anyone ses 88mm gun and T1 in the same sentence all u get it AHH! 88MM GUN OP AT T1! yet they don't realize the vehicle its attached to is basically made of cardboard...its basically the ZIS 30 high power gun low armor! highest BR i would put it at is 2.3 same as the T50.

Edited by Th3hadyn
  • Upvote 2

She is name , 

Sd,kfz 9 Famo 18t 

BIUFTwm.png

t0jGVde.png

ngBgiwY.png?1

I'd vote for it. It would enable historical tiering of vehicles, and gives the germans an able counter to the T-34-1940 as well as the T-50.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

why always take the zis-30 as exemple ?
anyway try to hit a biplan with a 88mm just pure over kill
nah put it at br 2.7-3 so it face it historical prey the kv's

.........no.......
The flak 88 has no armor but is more stable and more powerful then the zis 30. However it should be put at some were around 1.7-2.0 because it lacks the armor and we really need this machine at this level... Seriously... We need to stop t34 and t50 spam against low BR tanks
medal medal medal medal

We need to stop t34 and t50 spam against low BR tanks

No kill better then Overkill :D but those pesky T-34s and T50s deserve it! :D

medal medal medal medal

.........no.......
The flak 88 has no armor but is more stable and more powerful then the zis 30. However it should be put at some were around 1.7-2.0 because it lacks the armor and we really need this machine at this level... Seriously... We need to stop t34 and t50 spam against low BR tanks

It has a significantly better gun than the ZiS-30. Put it around BR 2.0/2.3 and classify it as a SPAAG/TD. T-50 is at 2.3, right?

medal

It has a significantly better gun than the ZiS-30. Put it around BR 2.0/2.3 and classify it as a SPAAG/TD. T-50 is at 2.3, right?

as of now yes so i guess it would do ok there.

I forgot to mention the t70 and t80 light tanks which have the same frontal armor as the t34, but that's only my opinion. As long as it's around 2.0 I don't care we're you put it (0.3 away from 2.0 in any way or at 2.0) but I do see your argument :3

Edit: me opinion is not that the t70 and 80 have the same frontal armor as the t34 it's were the flak 88 would be placed :P just added that for clarification Edited by Laggyman_
medal medal medal medal

How about adding this thing in lower tiers?

251-10AusfC08rivetted-1.jpg

Sd.Kfz. 251/10 'Hanomag' with a 37mm Pak 36 anti-tank gun.

Or this?

sd.kfz.251-22-d-1.jpg

Sd. Kfz. 251/22 'Hanomag' with 75mm Pak 40 anti-tank gun.

Both would fit well in low tier battles.

• Upvote 4

So your Tier represents the "era" ??? Sorry but how do you explain then the IS-4M or T-54 in Tier 5 ...the same of Kingtiger and Panther II ... there must be something wrong !!! Coz i am pretty sure they did not exist that era when Kingtiger and Panther II were used!!!

• Upvote 1

the same of Kingtiger and Panther II

THis Version of the Kingtiger is a paper tank with a proposed 10,5cm gun upgrade that was never realised because the turret would have needed to be redesigned for effective use and the Panther II is a Paper Tank with the hull of the Panther 2, the Schmalturm of the Panther Ausf. F and the proposed 8,8cm Gun upgrade to the F

medal medal medal medal

THis Version of the Kingtiger is a paper tank with a proposed 10,5cm gun upgrade that was never realised because the turret would have needed to be redesigned for effective use and the Panther II is a Paper Tank with the hull of the Panther 2, the Schmalturm of the Panther Ausf. F and the proposed 8,8cm Gun upgrade to the F

thats right, but also i can take as example other german tier5 like Jagdtiger, which was really made or the Panther Ausf. F... they realy dont fit to t54...

and another question i have is, why didnt they take the after WW2 french version of the kingtiger ? With the 1000 hp maybach engine ??