How do I put user skins into Warthunder?

Hi, I was wondering on how you put user skins in WT? I click "Download" then it saves into the files on my computer, do I just have to go to User Skins in WT and put them on? Is it that easy?

medal medal

You need to create a folder in your War Thunder directory called "UserSkins". Then extract the content of the files you downloaded in there.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

Did you download it through steam or directly from the site? If you did through steam go my computer>OS:C (or where ever you put your games) > steam >steam apps >common >war thunder and you'll find user skin folder in there.

If you downloaded it directly from the site it's the same thing except you don't look for steam you look for warthunder.

Edited by ishootcats
medal

I found it, but now that I have the skin in UserSkins it still doesn't work, when I click the button in Warthunder it just generates a new sample file

medal medal

What's happening is that when I cilck

"Create a userskin sample in the game folder"

it creates a new sample instead of using the one I already have in UserSkins

medal medal

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/147012-how-to-get-skins-on-your-tank-plane/

So you found a very nice skin for one of your tanks @ http://live.warthunder.com/ ....

...for example this one by Prozacx:

[spoiler]

rlBleus.jpg

[/spoiler]

http://live.warthunder.com/post/8920/

But you have no idea what to do now?

When you hit the download button, you'll get this file:  ger_camo_dunkelgelb.zip

After un-zipping (with winzp or winrar) you'll have this file:  ger_camo_dunkelgelb.tga

To get the skin on your Königstiger (Henschel) you have to create a skin template, go to customization and click the "macic wand":

magic-14xsz1.jpg

magic-2mvsjl.jpg

Now you can just copy ger_camo_dunkelgelb.tga  to  template_germ_pzkpfw_VI_ausf_b_tiger_IIh:

magic-34gs2h.jpg

Now click the "circle" button next to the "magic wand" and you'll see the skin ingame.

nice-king-tigers1p2n.jpgAdd decals and adjust camo condition / scale / rotation like you want.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

You can also use a skin like this for other tanks, for example the Panzerkampfwagen 38 (t) A or F.

Just create a skin template for these tanks like described above,

just rename ger_camo_dunkelgelb.tga to ger_camo_grey.tga and copy it to

template_germ_pzkpfw_38t_ausf_A or template_germ_pzkpfw_38t_ausf_F.

nice-king-38-tb3iwy.jpg

:salute: 

P.S. Some skins come as complete template folders, just copy those to your UserSkins folder.

Edited by Trommelfeuer
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

In steam its exactly the same the only difference is that the file will be located in the steam folder as stated by ishootcats

my computer>OS:C (or where ever you put your games) > steam >steam apps >common >war thunder and you'll find user skin folder in there.

Once agin its easier if you create the user skin folder in game first as explained by Trommelfeuer

medal medal medal medal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
On 07/08/2014 at 17:21, _waldbiene_ said:

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/147012-how-to-get-skins-on-your-tank-plane/

So you found a very nice skin for one of your tanks @ http://live.warthunder.com/ ....

...for example this one by  Prozacx :

http://live.warthunder.com/post/8920/

But you have no idea what to do now?

When you hit the download button, you'll get this file:  ger_camo_dunkelgelb.zip

After un-zipping (with winzp or winrar) you'll have this file:  ger_camo_dunkelgelb.tga

To get the skin on your Königstiger (Henschel) you have to create a skin template, go to customization and click the "macic wand":

magic-14xsz1.jpg

magic-2mvsjl.jpg

Now you can just copy ger_camo_dunkelgelb.tga  to  template_germ_pzkpfw_VI_ausf_b_tiger_IIh:

magic-34gs2h.jpg

Now click the "circle" button next to the "magic wand" and you'll see the skin ingame.

nice-king-tigers1p2n.jpg Add decals and adjust camo condition / scale / rotation like you want.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

You can also use a skin like this for other tanks, for example the Panzerkampfwagen 38 (t) A or F.

Just create a skin template for these tanks like described above,

just rename ger_camo_dunkelgelb.tga to  ger_camo_grey.tga  and copy it to

template_germ_pzkpfw_38t_ausf_A or template_germ_pzkpfw_38t_ausf_F.

nice-king-38-tb3iwy.jpg

:salute:

P.S. Some skins come as complete template folders, just copy those to your UserSkins folder.

I have a problem, when I press the magic wand it doesn't create the file, and i can't create the file what do I need to do?

25 minutes ago, db Banana db@live said:

I have a problem, when I press the magic wand it doesn't create the file, and i can't create the file what do I need to do?

On PC? Also I think some vehicles are bugged or intentionally blocked from creating a template file (for technical reasons, I think one of the P-36s doesn't allow templates or user skins to work).

If it's on PC and not working on several different vehicles, then it does appear something isn't right and either ask in the community tech area or make directly a bug report with the required files listed when starting a topic in the correct bug report section.

Best regards,

Phil

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal