More Me 262 Variants

Borotovas

Here are suggestions for nine more Me 262 variants.
These planes would be ideal for maturing the Me 262 line into something like the: Fw 190 or Bf 109 tree lines.
I also would like to prefer to reduce the repair costs of Me 262s so that more people would be able to fly these planes. Also the BR of Me 262s should be reduced because fighting against Sabres or MiG 15s in this is not fair and not balanced.

Me 262 A-2A/U2
2_56.jpg

The Me 262 A-2a/U2 had a distinctive nose to accommodating a bombardier to be a light jet bomber type aircraft. It would fit well in tier 5 as there are no light jet bomber aircraft for Germany.

Me 262 A-1a/U1
QXPlU.jpg

This aircraft would best fit in the Me 262 A-1a tree as a secondary optional research plane. Much like the Bf 109 F-2.

The Me 262A-1/U1 differed from the standard A-1a in nose mounted armament. It featured two 20mm MG 151 cannon with 146 rounds each, two 30mm MK 103 cannon with 72 rounds each, and two 30mm MK 108 cannon with 66 rounds each. The MK 103 had a longer barrel and a higher muzzle velocity than the MK 108.

The Me 262A-1a/U1 was an attempt to overcome the limitations of the usual quartet of 30mm MK 108 cannon. The MK 108 was prone to jamming and also had a low muzzle velocity. However the combination of three different cannon was also problematic and only three examples of the Me 262A-1a/U1 were built.

http://www.stormbirds.com/warbirds/variants262a1aU1.htm

Me 262 A-1a/U2
HY80374-2.jpg

The Me 262 A-1a/U2 was a night fighter conversion of the Me 262 a-1a. It had a radar, and an antenna added to the nose.This aircraft would be a nice addition to the Me 262 a-1a line as a night fighter. It could be a secondary research aircraft like the Bf 109 F-2. It would have an increased enemy detection range because of the radar.

For more information:

http://www.stormbird...nts262a1aU2.htm

Me 262 A-1a/U3
ws8r2w.png

The Me 262 A-1a/U3 was the Reconnaissance version of the Me 262. It had cameras inserted in the nose, and its armament was one 30 mm MK 108 cannon. This aircraft should be in the Me 262 A-1a mini tree, like the Bf 109 F-2. It should cost less to research and buy as well. This aircraft would be good for future reconnaissance functions if that feature is added to the game.

The Me 262A-1/U3 was an interim reconnaissance variant. The most distinguishing feature of this model are the bulges over the gun bay area which were necessary to provide clearance for the RB20/30 cameras mounted in the nose. An arrangement of one RB 20/20 and one RB 75/30 was also used.

A glass window located in the cockpit floor allowed the pilot to view what was being photographed. A few Me262A-1a/U3s were fitted with a single 30mm MK 108 cannon, but most were unarmed.

http://www.stormbirds.com/warbirds/variants262a1aU3.htm

Me 262 A-1a/U5
5-11052Q3411513.jpg

This main difference between this plane and other Me 262s is that it had six 30 mm MK 108 cannons in the nose. The regular A-1a only had four 30 mm MK 108 cannons. It was the heavy jet fighter version of the Me 262 A-1a. This plane could be a secondary research plane to the Me 262 A-1a, like the Bf 109 F-2.

Me 262 A-1b
26208lz.png

The only major difference was that this plane had two BMW 003 turbojet engines instead of the regular Junkers Jumo 004 turbojet engines.

Me 262 C-3a
9qh95f.png

This Me 262 would of had a permanent rocket pack on the underside of the fuselage. It was captured before completion, but it had made physical progress.

Heimatschützer IV - a rocket-boosted interceptor with a Walter HWK 109-509S-2 rocket motor housed in a permanent belly pack. Prototypes and initial production aircraft were captured before completion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Me_262#Variants

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a137/Langnasen/Me262C-3a.jpg

Me 262 HG III
113363-10941.jpg?nr=plt131&company=plane
The Me 262 HG III use to be on the old release tree, but it has been removed. This suggestion is to reinstate the Me 262 HG III into being made for War Thunder.
For more information:

http://ww2warplanes.ru/samolet/me-262-hg-iii

Me 262 B-1A/U1
Me_262_07.jpg

The Me 262 B-1A/U1 were trainer Me 262 aircraft that have been converted into night fighters. It featured a unique antenna on the nose as well as a different cockpit canopy. It had a FuG 218 Neptun radar mounted in the nose and there was a second crew member to operate it. This plane could have a larger aircraft detection range in-game because of the radar and as compensation for being heavier. Also the radar could help mark aircraft in SB. If you look at the release tree, this plane can come after the Me.262 B-1a.
[spoiler]luftwaffe_tree_eng.jpg[/spoiler]

Edited by Borotovas
  • Upvote 45
medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

open for discussion, but you might want to see if you can add performance and loadouts for both planes

• Upvote 5

open for discussion, but you might want to see if you can add performance and loadouts for both planes

Here are the specifications for the nightfighter in the image below. It has two crew members, one is a pilot while the other operates the radar. It would be nice if this plane had an increased chance to enter in night missions.

noy877.jpg
_________________________________________________________________________________________

The light bomber has a bombardier with a bomb sight which means that if you press the default "F7" key, you would get a bomb sight like on the B-17. And is capable of carrying 2 × 250 kg (550 lb) bombs or 2 × 500 kg (1,100 lb) bombs. This feature would make it unique since no other Me 262 variants in the game carry any bombs or have a bomb sight. The bomber aircraft has very similar specifications to all the other Me 262s so the performance specifications can be adapted from other Me 262 variants.

Me_262_variants_%281%29.png

The light bomber Me 262 is the plane in the middle.

The aircraft could also carry a jet Mistel, if any Mistels are ever added to the game.

IMG_2368.jpg

m4-4cseite.jpg

15eef06.jpg

• Like 1
medal medal

I really don't see the point of the night-fighter, it'll just be a slightly heavier normal ME 262

The A-2A/U2 seems pointless as well, having a lighter bombload than the Ar 234B. It's faster, but the 234 C will solve that problem.

I think neither has any reason to be in the game.

The A-2a "Sturmvogel" variant, with 2x 30mm cannon and a pair of 500kg bombs, would be a much better idea.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
medal

I really don't see the point of the night-fighter, it'll just be a slightly heavier normal ME 262

The A-2A/U2 seems pointless as well, having a lighter bombload than the Ar 234B. It's faster, but the 234 C will solve that problem.

I think neither has any reason to be in the game.

The A-2a "Sturmvogel" variant, with 2x 30mm cannon and a pair of 500kg bombs, would be a much better idea.

If that's your reasoning, then why are there so many SB 2Ms, or A6Ms, or P 51s? Surely they are just a copies of the same aircraft that are just heavier... 

I'm not asking for this plane to be a "must grind or you shall not advance" type plane, but as a secondary plane to one of the Me 262s already in the tree, like the P-63s tree which you don't need to grind all the way through to pass on to the P-51. 

And I know that there are many people who like the Me 262 and would appreciate more Me 262 variants. The nightfighter is a good looking plane, and so I would want that aircraft as well as many other enthusiasts. The bomber Me 262 is also a part of the sleek and awesome looking 262 family. Why would I want to grind through German bombers to get an Arado, when a better looking and performing 262 can do the same job and better. And even with the 234C, i'd rather go for the smaller and better looking 262 than grinding through a bunch of German bombers that I could care less for.

And the Arado is a much larger plane, it is a larger target than an Me 262. Therefore shooting a Me 262 bomber would be harder since it is a smaller target. If you don't like this plane because you know it will make it harder for you to shoot down with Soviet and American planes then it seems like you want unfair and biased gameplay.

You should also look at the Mig-15, it is a light jet that is capable of bombing. The Me 262 light bomber would be a rival of the Soviet Mig 15 light bomber. So it would help balance the game out.

Edited by Borotovas
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Me 262 bomber? *cringes*

Have you seen the Soviet Mig 15 light jet bomber? The Mig 15 bomber has no direct competition from any other nation. So adding a Me 262 light jet bomber would help balance the game as the Me 262 bomber would perform the same role, except on the German side.

Edited by Borotovas
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

just stepping in here for a sec, this is not about the mig-15. so please stay on topic in your own thread

just stepping in here for a sec, this is not about the mig-15. so please stay on topic in your own thread

The Mig 15 is a light jet bomber aircraft, Germany has no competitors to the Mig 15 bomber. Therefore a Me 262 light jet bomber will be great for balancing this out. It is not off topic, but it fits hand in hand as this plane will bring balance to the game.

medal medal

If that's your reasoning, then why are there so many SB 2Ms, or A6Ms, or P 51s? Surely they are just a copy of the same plane and are just heavier...

I'm not asking for this plane to be a "must grind or you shall not advance" type plane, but it would be good if it was even a secondary plane to one of the Me 262s already in the tree, like P-63s. I like the Me 262 and I think its a great plane so any other historic variants of the plane I want. If you don't like the Me 262, and are hating on Germany, you should not be here. What is your favorite tank or plane? How about we not add any other variants of it because they will mostly be heavy clutter?

And the Arado is a much larger plane, it is a larger target than an Me 262. Therefore shooting a Me 262 bomber would be harder since it is a smaller target. Also why should I go for the Arado? What if I happen to greatly despise going anywhere near grinding German bombers or flying the Arado? It just gives more options to the players who don't want to fly the big and bulky German bombers.

You should also look at the Mig-15, it is a light jet that is capable of bombing. The Me 262 light bomber would be a rival of the Soviet Mig 15 light bomber. So it would help balance the game out.

There's a bunch of SB2M, yes, I'm not sure why. A6M is just because there's nothing else for the IJN, and there's only 2 P-51s.

I'm not even Tier 4 German, and I don't hate Germany, I just don't think these suggestions bring anything worthwhile to the game. I can understand you hating the German bombers, they're pretty awful and under-armed.

I still don't think they're worth adding, A-2a would give all the bombload of the A-2A/U2 while still being able to dogfight, and the B-1A/U1, as I already stated, is just going to be a worse A-1a. 

medal

I still don't think they're worth adding, A-2a would give all the bombload of the A-2A/U2 while still being able to dogfight, and the B-1A/U1, as I already stated, is just going to be a worse A-1a. 

Then the A-2A/U2 would be in the Me 262 A-2a sub tree as an optional aircraft. The plane is unique looking, and people may want it for its looks. It would add more visual variety to the game.

The same goes for the B-1A/U1, it can be added in the Me 262 A-1a sub tree as an optional aircraft. It may have a lower BR for it being heavier, and maybe a lowered price. But it would add to the game if you really like the 262.

These aircraft are practically modified Me 262s. So adding these aircraft to the game and making them would not take much time or resources. These aircraft would be a nice touch to the Me 262 family of aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Jesus what.

MiG-15 is a fighter.

Not sure if trolling or...

lolwut. Mig-15 carries bombs. We need a Me 262 that carries bombs to do a similar role for Germany.

inrcld.png

29d7lau.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

Doesn't make it a bomber.

It is not a traditional B-17 or B-29 but it is a fighter bomber. Same with the Me 262 A-2A/U2.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

MiG-15 is fighter-bomber

F-86 is fighter-bomber

ME 262 A-2A/U2 is pure 100% bomber

See the first two aircraft you listed can drop bombs and are fighters. The Me 262 series can't drop bombs. Therefore adding a Me 262 A-2A/U2 would give the 262 series a bomber aircraft that has the same shape and size of other 262 fighters. So with this aircraft the 262 family will be able to drop bombs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some more images of the Me 262 A-2A/U2.

me262a2-12.jpg

me262a2-14.jpg

391-1-f.jpg

7403f37ebc0b8062f176860c336ef19f.jpg

f5aad041ef566050e3e9d969abd3527f.jpg

391-3-f.jpg

390-3-f.jpg

390-2-f.jpg

390-1-f.jpg

Edited by Borotovas
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

Here are some Me 262 A-2A/U2 unlockable camouflage scheme ideas:

2hgu4xz.png

qz0nih.png

Edited by Borotovas
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

The deal here is that T4-T5 Germany have 1% bombers, 99% everything else in RB, whereas it is often the other way around when T4-T5 Germany fights T4-T5 US in RB. Germany needs bombers, we've become very good at taking them down and conquer 100% B17 situations but we need more bombers, because losses happen due to our ground targets getting out-bombed when we are lucky and happy to see an Arado (needs decreased BR) our side.

If the upcoming German bombers don't do the trick and this will be the best Germany gets to put against Canberra and B57A, then please, go ahead.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

moved to further discussions :salute:

• Upvote 2