Panzerjäger Nashorn

_Hydr4_

I propose the addition of the Panzerjäger Hornisse, better known as the Nashorn.

Historical information

One of the first vehicles to mount the 8,8cm PaK 43 L/71, the Nashorn was moved to production because while the 7,5cm PaK 40 anti-tank gun mounted in the Marder self-propelled anti-tank gun and the Sturmgeshütz III was an adequate anti-tank gun, designers wanted to use the PaK 43 L/71 for its superior range and penetrating power. 473 Nashorn self-propelled anti-tank guns were produced.

Technical data stuffs:

Weight: 24000kg Crew: 4-5 men Engine: Maybach HL 120 TRM / 12-cylinder / 300hp Speed: Road: 42km/h
Cross-Country: 20-24km/h Range: Road: 260km
Cross-Country: 130km Fuel Capacity: 470 litres Lenght: 8.44m (with the gun) Width: 2.86m Height: 2.65m Armament: 88mm Pak 43/1 L/71 & 1 x 7.92mm MG34/42
(1 x MG – carried inside) Ammo: 88mm – 24-40 rounds
7.92mm – 600 rounds Gun Traverse: 15° to either side, -5° depression to 15° (possibly 20°) elevation

Placement in Research Tree:

Tier Two or Three, either after Sturmgeschütz III or before Jagdpanzer IV, battle rating of 3.7 or 4.0, accounting both for the extremely thin armor (at most, armor is only 3 centimeters thick) and the gun.

Sources:

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/panzerjager-hornisse-nashorn-sd-kfz-164.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nashorn

Did I miss something? Tell me and I'll add it to this post.

• Upvote 21
medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

even though this tank has been previously suggested, open for discussion

Actually there were two variants, first was the Hornisse (Hornet) and then came the Nashorn (Rhinoceros) both had the same gun. The difference was that the Nashorn had a different driver front plate which was changed during production in 1944. :Ds  :salute:

• Upvote 4

The armor was so thin, but obviuosly it was used for long range combat

look the slopped part, it was not enough unless you are far from the enemy

post-305082-0-16376700-1400479868.jpg

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Don't forget me

1202133207_001_dickermax.jpg

While the "Dicker Max" looked liked the Hornisse and Nashorn it was built on the chassis of the Pz IV and the work on that Tank Destroyer started in 1938. While the Hornisse and then Nashorn was based on Alkett’s newly developed special chassis by Alkett – Geschutzwagen (gun carriage) III/IV which was also called the Hummel.

Edited by Tzeentch_Chaos

I'd definetely want it, but I can already see it being overtiered.... (should be tied to SU-152).

medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

I think this is a great idea, because the Nashorn was a real base German hunter. It could be between the the Stug III G and the JagdPanther.

f266011681a48044c1dbf12196c3aae6.jpg

medal medal medal medal

• 3 years later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

As the Nashorn got implemented, 

Moved to Implemented Suggestions.:salute: