Post War German Tank Tech Tree Leopard 1

HauptmannVonBek

Hello everyone so today i want to share with you all my thoughts and suggestion to Bring to German Tank Tech Tree a First Post War main Battle Tank the Leopard 1 that born in 1956 and is in 50's to 80's era with many modernizations just like the Russian t-54 with many many variants and modernizations also.

So the Leopard 1 was made by Porsche, Rheinmetall e Borgward and here some specifications of this main german 1st post war tank Leopard 1:

Weight 40.2 t Length 8.3 m length m barrel 5.46 m Width 3.37 m Height  2.70 m Crew 4(commander, driver, gunner, radio operator/loader) Armor Steel: 70 mm (max); 10 mm (min) Primary
weaponry

1 x 105mm with 55 rounds

(13 rounds in turret 42 rounds in hull)

Secondary
weaponry 2 x 7.62 mm MG-3(Co-axial and commander's hatch)

5.500 rounds

Engine MTU MB 838 CaM 500, 10-cylinder, 37.4 litres, multi-fuel engine
830 PS (819 hp, 610 kW) at 2200 RPM Power/weight 19,7 PS/tonne

Suspension

Torsion-bar Operational
rangel

600 km (on road),

450 km (cross-country)

Speed

65 km/h (road)

30 km/h (cross-country)

Here i will show some of the pictures of some moddels and prototypes of this Leopards starting with the Leopard moddel that was puted in production line the approved variant as main German Battle Tank.

leo1_proto.jpg

0-serie.jpg

the gun load in the turet:

195254_original.jpg

Leop_1.gif

This is the main tank of mid 50's  that was puted in Production Line as the Main Battle Tank, and modernized along the years.

Now some pictures of not much prototypes:

dqqb1h.jpg

image70291.jpg

and some more 

tank_leopard-1_prototip.jpg

So with all this lets go guys lets pray and hope that we get some tank that can be in same era as russian t-54 and could fight with is-4m and give a nice fire fight.

Here some more infos more details about this tank; http://www.panzerbaer.de/types/bw_kpz_leopard_1-a.htm

Sorry but is in German i can't finde in English.

Germans also need an modernized tanks and post war machines 50's era at start of 60's era.

I can provide more data and infos but you also can finde that out on internet is free to anyone.

With Best Regards RedBaronACE.

PS: more pictures for more info about Leopard.

Also the Topics name i wanted to change not Leopard 1A1 but Leopard 1 only.

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

open for discussion

• Upvote 1

While this is a suggestion about the Leopard production vehicle, there is another live suggestion about the prototype.

You state the suggestion as being the Leopard 1A1 and not just the Leopard 1. The A1 had a upgraded gun stabiliser as well as short side skirts. I guess you meant the first production model.

Also this project started in 1956 the prototypes didn't come out till the 60's and production wasn't till 1964 so it isn't really a 50's tank, this puts above and beyond the era of t-54's and is-4's. You'll be looking at T-55's and even T-62's.

I know the post war situation for German ground forces is problematic, but the production Leopard? I could maybe just about stand the prototype, but not the full production version as it can lead to more power creep. Americans will want their M60's, the British will want their Late mark Centurions and even Chieftain prototypes, and the soviets sure wouldn't want to be left behind with late 40's early 50's tech.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Thanks for not about the topic name :) Yes is about Leopard 1 not 1A1 

Yha German tank tech tree is sofering since there is no tank that can be a good oponent for t-54's and is-4m :/ Only the Jagdtiger but even that anti tank can't deal with is-4m or 54's and is not even on the proper era for that tanks.

Lets see what we can get from this. And i think protos from 50's would be nice for germans since that tanks actualy exist and they did show up right after the WWII, just like is-4m that didn't saw WWII and not even the T-54's they did not got in action in WWII, i'm not saying get tanks from actual 60's 70's or 80's or all prototypes for all countries. Just for solve the problem of germans, and one good thing you see all prototype suggestions for planes like Mig's 17 post war russian planes also tu's and other planes that even didn't saw a actions, so here is the same so i think this would be fair for germans since they now stuck in WWII era tanks in 45. Lets see what we get mate!

Regards RedBaronACE.

Edited by RedBaronACE
medal medal medal

Prototype A looks so ugly. 

my-eyes-my-3lyq6f.jpg

medal medal

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone so today i want to share with you all my thoughts and suggestion to Bring to German Tank Tech Tree a First Post War main Battle Tank the Leopard 1 that born in 1956 and is in 50's to 80's era with many modernizations just like the Russian t-54 with many many variants and modernizations also.

So the Leopard 1 was made by Porsche, Rheinmetall e Borgward and here some specifications of this main german 1st post war tank Leopard 1:

Weight 40.2 t Length 8.3 m length m barrel 5.46 m Width 3.37 m Height  2.70 m Crew 4(commander, driver, gunner, radio operator/loader) Armor Steel: 70 mm (max); 10 mm (min) Primary
weaponry

1 x 105mm with 55 rounds

(13 rounds in turret 42 rounds in hull)

Secondary
weaponry 2 x 7.62 mm MG-3(Co-axial and commander's hatch)

5.500 rounds

Engine MTU MB 838 CaM 500, 10-cylinder, 37.4 litres, multi-fuel engine
830 PS (819 hp, 610 kW) at 2200 RPM Power/weight 19,7 PS/tonne

Suspension

Torsion-bar Operational
rangel

600 km (on road),

450 km (cross-country)

Speed

65 km/h (road)

30 km/h (cross-country)

Here i will show some of the pictures of some moddels and prototypes of this Leopards starting with the Leopard moddel that was puted in production line the approved variant as main German Battle Tank.

leo1_proto.jpg

0-serie.jpg

the gun load in the turet:

195254_original.jpg

Leop_1.gif

This is the main tank of mid 50's  that was puted in Production Line as the Main Battle Tank, and modernized along the years.

Now some pictures of not much prototypes:

dqqb1h.jpg

image70291.jpg

and some more 

tank_leopard-1_prototip.jpg

So with all this lets go guys lets pray and hope that we get some tank that can be in same era as russian t-54 and could fight with is-4m and give a nice fire fight.

Here some more infos more details about this tank; http://www.panzerbaer.de/types/bw_kpz_leopard_1-a.htm

Sorry but is in German i can't finde in English.

Germans also need an modernized tanks and post war machines 50's era at start of 60's era.

I can provide more data and infos but you also can finde that out on internet is free to anyone.

With Best Regards RedBaronACE.

PS: more pictures for more info about Leopard.

Also the Topics name i wanted to change not Leopard 1A1 but Leopard 1 only.

How about DELETING all tanks that was not used in WW2....since this game started as WW2 era game(if not mistaken) & it will end up in "modern warfare" due to balance issues.

I know there is going to be "thats bs germans would be op bla bla bla" but if they delete all post war tanks & make all game mods even arcade nation vs nation it could be one of the best WW2 games....but there is a slight problem with that.

Dunno how hard is it to implement(or devs just dont give a **** as they only want money as usual or they are too fck lazy & got no balls to make as it were as any other gaming company)but for example if germans got 15 spawns/tanks in match give allies/russians 20-30 due to weaker tanks(if that is true since allies pen me in panther,jagdpanther & King Tiger frontally with no problems whatsoever(distance doesnt matter since every1 uses apcr).Since every game that started as WW2 game ended up with post war tanks/equipment/vehicles(mostly in allied favor)due to balance issues & am rly tired fighting 1950-60 usa/russian tanks with german tanks from mid 1940's(that would be same if allied/russians fight with tanks from mid 1930's vs germans with tanks from 1944-45).

But from my gaming experience every company that ever made any "WW2" game was going by "Hollywood hist acc" where every weapon/vehicle/tank/plane germans used was/is inferior to allied/russian counterpart(except COD World at War where actually german weapons were slighty better then allied counterparts or is it just me).

No hard feelings ppl for "off topic" post but that's the way i see it.

See you on front lines   :salute:

Edited by InfidelBHF

I would rather they just added an actual Leopard 1 rather than a prototype

the game is going that way anyway with all that Russian T62 and whatnot

medal medal

looks good. I want more late german tanks since german tier 5 tanks (not the maus) gets clubbed... 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Yes plz. germans dont really have a T5 Medium panther F is trash and Panther II isnt good enough its a lighter version of Tiger II(H) honestly. This vehicle would complete the German T5 medium tank tree for sure.

Yes but the Tiger II Command with that 10.5cm needs to be replaced by either the Panzer VII Lowe, or the E75.

• Upvote 1
medal

Yes but the Tiger II Command with that 10.5cm needs to be replaced by either the Panzer VII Lowe, or the E75.

Two tanks which weren't produced either, which only existed on paper.

Leopard 1 is confirmed by BVV, btw. was supposed to come with 1.49, but somehow now they didn't put it into their list...