Tank Crew Skills?

Emothic

Thanks for jumping in with the explanation KillerAce4. The reason you finally got an answer is because you finally formulated a question that could be answered succinctly.

The other obvious reason as I mentioned is that as soon as you do get a tank with an RO, you're much more likely to get OHK. Also don't forget that the first replacement for either driver, gunner or loader is the RO.

You don't have to prioritise it, but I wouldn't leave it off either.

Edited by Raf1307
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

there is no skill required anymore, all the new maps are just designed so that nubs can get kills without effort and will play more,. there is no stealth anymore as you are lit up on all the maps. i just despair of the game. i think the devs have decided to get as many nubs to have kills to keep them in the game, if they lose some vets then so what...

medal

• 1 year later...
On 3/17/2016 at 2:44 AM, KillerAce4 said:

So basically, upgrade the skills that are averaged across the whole crew only. When considering crew members that are not in the tank.

And or specialty skills as these skills would be given to another crew member.

Just like some of the tanks do not have a loader/aimer(gunner), but just a commander in the turret (flakpanzer, bt5 or 7?).  He/she gets the benefit from the loading/aiming skills that the gunner or loader would have applied to them if there were more crew.

List of skills to upgrade, no mater the size of the crew.  These skill are applied to other people of the crew if it is less than a 5 crew tank.  (artillery is only applied to those tanks that have the ability to call in artillery strikes).

tank Driving

targeting

range finding

leadership

artillery targeting accuracy

artillery strike call time

radio communication

Field repair

Keen vision

These skills are crew dependent (3 man crew, only 3 need to be upgraded, but you need to upgrade the right 3, driver, commander(will be aimer also) and (most likely) loader).  Check which crew members in x-ray view.

vitality

agility

Brilliant KIllerAce

Just been researching the visibility of tanks stat and I come across so varying ideas of how crews work even quite recent posts on Steam and my own lack of understanding.

What I'd argue with is agility? Surely that's a shared skill too? As it's not identified who takes over the role when a crew member is knocked out. As nobody really does. 

Edited by Sir_Campalot
medal medal medal medal medal

15 hours ago, Sir_Campalot said:

Brilliant KIllerAce

Just been researching the visibility of tanks stat and I come across so varying ideas of how crews work even quite recent posts on Steam and my own lack of understanding.

What I'd argue with is agility? Surely that's a shared skill too? As it's not identified who takes over the role when a crew member is knocked out. As nobody really does. 

It has been almost a year since that post, while most of it is still probably true, there could have been changes made to the game concerning crew during that time.  Gaijin has greatly improved the information given when you mouse over the skill in the last year.

It is possible that Agility is a shared skill now, but it would have to be checked by mousing over the information shown, and interpreting what Gaijin has written there, as they did not clearly state what was a shared skill and which skills were not shared among the crew, when this post was written, but they might now.  It's been a while since I checked the info in the game.

medal medal medal medal medal