German Republic F-84 E/F/G

Tangofoxx

Dear Pilots, dear Devs,

I want to suggest the German Republic F-84. In addition to the Sabre it was used as interceptor and fighter-bomber. From 1950 the USAF stationed F-84E/Gs and from 1960 on the German Airforce received its own F-84F Jets. So when the F-84E/F/G joining War Thunder include them for America and Germany. I saw the F-84 E/F were already suggested but only for America.

Kampfflugzeuge-016_640.jpgKampfflugzeuge-008_640.jpg

Specifications (F-84F Thunderstreak):

First flight: 3. June 1950

Introduction: 12. May 1954

General characteristics

• Crew: one
  • Length: 38 ft 1 in (11.60 m)
  • Wingspan: 36 ft 5 in (11.10 m)
  • Height: 12 ft 7 in (3.84 m)
  • Wing area: 260 ft² (24 m²)
  • Empty weight: 11,470 lb (5,200 kg)
  • Loaded weight: 18,080 lb (8,200 kg)
  • Max. takeoff weight: 23,340 lb (10,590 kg)
  • Powerplant: 1 × Allison J35-A-29 turbojet, 5,560 lbf (24.7 kN)

Performance

• Maximum speed: 622 mph (540 kn, 1,000 km/h,Mach .81)
  • Cruise speed: 475 mph (413 kn, 770 km/h)
  • Range: 1,000 mi (870 nmi, 1,600 km) combat
  • Ferry range: 2,000 mi (1,700 nmi, 3,200 km) with external tanks
  • Service ceiling: 40,500 ft (12,350 m)
  • Rate of climb: 3,765 ft/min (19.1 m/s)
  • Wing loading: 70 lb/ft² (342 kg/m²)
  • Thrust/weight: 0.31 lbf/lb

Armament

• 6 × .50 in (12.7 mm) M3 Browning machine guns, 300 rpg
  • Up to 4,450 lb (2,020 kg) of rockets and bombs, including 1 × Mark 7 nuclear bomb

Avionics

• A-1CM or A-4 gunsight with APG-30 or MK-18 ranging radar

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Specifications (F-84G Thunderjet):

General characteristics

• Crew: one
  • Length: 13,23 m
  • Wingspan: 10,23 m
  • Height: 4,57 m
  • Wing area: 24 m²
  • Empty weight: 6.270 kg
  • Max. takeoff weight: 12.000 kg
  • Powerplant: 1x Curtis Wright J65-W-3/W-7 (32,1 kN / 34,7 kN)

Performance

• Maximum speed: 1.100 km/h
  • Range: 3.000 km (external tanks)
  • Service ceiling: 13.500 m
  • Rate of climb: ~19.1 m/s
  • Wing loading: 342 kg/m²
  • Thrust/weight: 0.31 lbf/lb

Armament

• 6 × .50 in (12.7 mm) M3 Browning machine guns, 300 rpg
  • Up to 2.700 kg of rockets, bombs and external tanks.

Avionics

• A-1CM or A-4 gunsight with APG-30 or MK-18 ranging radar

Source: - http://www.geschichte.luftwaffe.de/portal/a/geschlw/!ut/p/c4/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP3I5EyrpHK9nPL49NTi5Iyccr3yxLS0VL2sxPSUpHy9NAuTNP2CbEdFACQM-WQ!/

- http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=375

- http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=112

- Encyclopedia of US Air Force Aircraft and Missile Systems

- (Page 92) http://books.google.de/books?id=QCgDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA92&dq=popular+science+1930&hl=en&ei=AnvcTt6DBMePgwfR96XpDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=true

- Robert F. Dorr & David Donald: Fighters of the United States Air Force (London: Temple Press Aerospace, 1990)

- Stewart Wilson: Combat Aircraft since 1945 (Fyshwick, Australia: Aerospace Publications, 2000)

Edited by Tangofoxx
  • Upvote 33

Why on earth would you want more blunderjets?

Besides, no, I disagree, we don't need more "imported" aircraft, definitely not on spots the nation can fill on their own, and Germany already has and is still meant to get more airplanes that can fit the particular BR and fight the Thunderjet fairly.

Edited by TealMillan
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Yay ze Zoondersteak!

The F-84D+ were not as bad as the F-84B.

They were actually very good.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

You are all mixed up. The plane you are talking about (the one in the pics) is the F-84F Thunderstreak. It has performance similar to the Sabre, but entered service later. However, I would like to see this thing regardless, as it would make a good addition to the top-tier jets.

Each nation by top tier jets: (I.E., with BR of ~8.0 or higher)

US: 5 (3 F-86 and 2 F9F)

Germany: 3 (maybe 4 if this is added, and 262s dont count! also the 163 is sort of a weird plane...7 mins fuel...for a total of 5)

Russia: 3 (4 if you count limited edition La-174)

UK: 3 (you could also loop the Venom and the G.41F Meteor in there, for a total of 5. also the Cannonberra counts!)

Japan: 1 (but Japan didn't really have many jets...)

Nope.

German tree should end with me262 and he162 and arado in 1945.

Simple.

Korean era is w/o germany and japan

• Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal

Besides, no, I disagree, we don't need more "imported" aircraft, definitely not on spots the nation can fill on their own, and Germany already has and is still meant to get more airplanes that can fit the particular BR and fight the Thunderjet fairly.

The F-84F would actually be more historically appropriate than the CL-13A on the German tech tree when it comes to staying within the cutoff date (the F-84F was the first jet fighter the West German Luftwaffe operated once they were reestablished postwar).

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

We shouldn't even have German Sabres and MiGs. IMO This comes from an avid German player.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

I don't think we should have swept wing jets, but if it fits Gaijin's standards, then whatever.

medal

I must say I'd like to see it IF they remove:

CL-13

F-86F-30

F-86F-25

F-86F-2

You may hate me, but without removing these aircrafts, Jet games never will be fair, at all.

I must say I'd like to see it IF they remove:

CL-13

F-86F-30

F-86F-25

F-86F-2

You may hate me, but without removing these aircrafts, Jet games never will be fair, at all.

Some F-86Fs were used in Korea though, so there's no reason historically to remove them (the CL-13A being the exception as the Germans received it outside of the timeline, but they DID have F-84Fs at the time)

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I don't think we should have swept wing jets, but if it fits Gaijin's standards, then whatever.

Sabre, MiG 15, ME 262, etc.

uuuuuuhhhh?

Edited by Abgeschossene
medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I really hope Germany doesn't end up with a better F-84 thunder streak variant than America cause they currently have the F-84B....... 

medal

I really hope Germany doesn't end up with a better F-84 thunder streak variant than America cause they currently have the F-84B....... 

Ideally, both the US and Germans should get the F-84F and G at some point, which should be functionally identical to each other.  If one appears to suck more than the other it'll be because of discrepancies in pilot skill, much like at the lower ranks where the US teams get their asses kicked in spite of often having objectively equal or even superior aircraft to their adversaries.

The US, German and, British tech trees can all have an F84F.  Just give the British the F84F with french camouflage, if i recall correctly the french got some as well and with the d.520 and d.521 in the Brit tech tree...

I think the F84F can be one of the first jet attackers / fighters in the game the only thing i think needs to be resolved is what will the RU and Japan tech trees get to have as a jet attacker to compete with them?

If I recall, even Canada, Italy, and the Chinese operated F84F's.  Citation needed, but it was one of the most widely exported jet aircraft for lend lease and rearming allies that the US had.

medal

The US, German and, British tech trees can all have an F84F.  Just give the British the F84F with french camouflage, if i recall correctly the french got some as well and with the d.520 and d.521 in the Brit tech tree...

I think the F84F can be one of the first jet attackers / fighters in the game the only thing i think needs to be resolved is what will the RU and Japan tech trees get to have as a jet attacker to compete with them?

If I recall, even Canada, Italy, and the Chinese operated F84F's.  Citation needed, but it was one of the most widely exported jet aircraft for lend lease and rearming allies that the US had.

The British won't need it though with the Hunter and Swift coming, and possibly the Sea Vixen prototype if Gaijin decides to add that too.  Besides, I'd hold off on adding more French aircraft to the British tree until we're sure what Gaijin plans to do with them (and I swear if you're saying it should be like the La-174...).

The Russians used the MiG-15 as a fighter-bomber so giving it a ground attack loadout would suffice, and the Japanese really only have F-86 variants as options (they're called the Japanese Air Self-Defense Force, after all, so offensive roles for their aircraft weren't really the kind of things they had in mind at the time).

As for Chinese F-84Fs, that's impossible unless you're talking about examples that either they or their allies captured.

Edited by Z3r0_
  • Upvote 1

As for Chinese F-84Fs, that's impossible unless you're talking about examples that either they or their allies captured.

you do know the US did sell them military equipment like "aircraft"  f100 super sabers, f5 freedom fighters and more. if i recall correctly the f84f is one of the aircraft the Us sold to them in like the late 1950s early 1960s

attached is a pic by Recon071 of retired aircraft at the ROC air force academy

[attachment=159934:1280px-ROCAF.JPG]

so "impossible" no

captured by allies .... the united states is an ally of china they don't need to capture aircraft they make themselves !!

• Upvote 1
medal

No thanks, you've already got the CL-13.

start of sarcasm

Right so lets not add the hawker hunter because you have the meteor f.8 and venom fb4 ..... :facepalm:

end of sarcasm

but in all seriousness i think a more developed T5 tech tree is a good thing :good:

• Upvote 1
medal

Right so lets not add the hawker hunter because you have the meteor f.8 and venom fb4 ..... :facepalm:

Except the Meteor F.8 and Venom aren't top tier, whereas the F-84F is top tier. You've already got two top tier jets...

medal medal medal medal