Dassault Mystére MD.452

83 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see the MD.452 in War Thunder?

• Yes, definitely
    • Undecided
    • No, definitely not
  2. 2. How would you like to see this plane?

• Represented in an Independant French Tech Tree
    • In the British Tech Tree
    • I said no
  3. 3. Which variant (if any) would you want in War Thunder?

• Mystére IIA
    • Mystére IIB
    • Mystére IIC
    • All of the Above
    • I said no

After the success of the Ouragan Dassault began work on more advanced Jet fighters, the first of which was the Mystére I and later followed by the Mystére II. 2 Prototypes of the Mystére IIA were produced, armed with 4x Hispano 20mm cannons and powered by the Tay Engine, and four IIB prototypes were produced, keeping the Tay powerplant and swapping it's 4x 20mms for 2x 30mm DEFA Revolver cannons, before the development of the IIC, powered by the SNECMA Atar 101C and Atar 101F Afterburning engines, with the production model powered by the Atar 101D. All aircraft would fit within the game in an independant French tree with the latter being comparable to the F-86A-5 Sabre, it's also to note that it became the first French aircraft to go past Mach 1 in a Dive.

General characteristics

• Crew: 1
  • Length: 11.7 m (38 ft 5 in)
  • Wingspan: 13.1 m (43 ft 0 in)
  • Height: 4.26 m (14 ft 0 in)
  • Wing area: 30.3 m2 (326 sq ft)
  • Empty weight: 5,225 kg (11,519 lb)
  • Max takeoff weight: 7,475 kg (16,480 lb)
  • Powerplant: 1 × SNECMA Atar 101D axial flow turbojet, 29.4 kN (6,600 lbf) thrust

Performance

• Maximum speed: 1,060 km/h (659 mph; 572 kn)
  • Range: 885 km (550 mi; 478 nmi)
  • Service ceiling: 15,250 m (50,033 ft)
  • Rate of climb: 23 m/s (4,500 ft/min)

Armament

• Guns: 2× 30 mm (1.181 in) DEFA cannon with 150 rounds per gun
  • Rockets: 2× Matra rocket pods with 18× 68 mm (2.68 in) SNEB rockets each
  • Bombs: 900 kg (2,000 lb) of payload on four external hardpoints, including a variety of bombs or Drop tanks

I'll hunt for more information soon on the aircraft, both the speed and weight of the IIA and IIB, with the IIC having a suggested BR of 8.0-8.3

2430806.jpg

Edited by PikachuTrainer
  • Upvote 10
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/189753-adding-the-md450b-dassault-ouragan/

I already suggested this, and it is a highly recommended plane for the international tech tree project, I support.

Ouragan makes for a good mid tier, the Mystére just finishes off the line

Edited by PikachuTrainer
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Possible Ingame Stats:

Mystére IIA:

• Speed: 1040(?) (Estimate from engine power)
  • Armament: 4x 20mm Hispano-suiza Cannons (125 rpg)
  • Suggested BR: 7.7-8.0
  • Engine: Rolls-Royce Tay 250 centrifugal-flow Turbojet Engine, 28.0 kN Thrust
  • Presets: 4
    • None
    • 4x 500lb bombs
    • 2x 1000lb bombs
    • 36x 68mm SNEB Rockets

Mystére IIB:

• Speed: 1040(?) (Estimate from engine power)
  • Armament: 2x 30mm DEFA Revolver Cannons (150 rpg)
  • Suggested BR: 7.7-8.3
  • Engine: Rolls-Royce Tay 250 centrifugal-flow Turbojet Engine, 28.0 kN Thrust
    • None
    • 4x 500lb bombs
    • 2x 1000lb bombs
    • 36x 68mm SNEB Rockets

Mystére IIC:

• Speed: 1060
  • Armament: 2x 30mm DEFA Revolver Cannons (150 rpg)
  • Suggested BR: 8.0-8.7
  • Engine: SNECMA Atar 101D axial flow turbojet, 29.4 kN thrust
    • None
    • 4x 500lb bombs
    • 2x 1000lb bombs
    • 36x 68mm SNEB Rockets

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I want this however I dont think it belongs in any other tech tree that the french. which we wont get. Maybe the international tech tree but we're not even sure we'll ever see that

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

+1 to A and C  :salute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAlbuc06dcs

medal medal medal medal

+1 to A and C  :salute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAlbuc06dcs

I don't like leaving variants out :P

I want this however I dont think it belongs in any other tech tree that the french. which we wont get. Maybe the international tech tree but we're not even sure we'll ever see that

They have enough fighters designs though for a full tree, might be a bit stuck on Tier 2 and 3 but mostly it can be filled in with planes they either used pre and post war or blueprints and prototypes.

I'd like to see this in addition to the Mystére IV, being the top tier French jet. We really need some variety in tier 5.

Quite a few jet's to choose from as well, such as the Meteor, Sea Venom and Sud Aviation Vautour for example.

The Vautour seems slightly too powerful, but that might just be the variant that I'm seeing the stats for.

It climbs 5 m/s better than the Hunter but Hunter is better in speed.

Would this be in the ITT or the British tech tree? Either way this is a cool plane.

I support but everyone forgot...

"No afterburning jets, or heatseeking/guided 'smart missiles'..."
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Good thing the Mystere didn't receive Afterburners till the Mystere IV (only on prototype though).

Edit: Sorry, they got afterburners on the Mystere IIC with the Atar 101F, the first afterburning engine in the Atar series, but it was originally fitted with the Atar 101C.

Edited by SqnLdrAhsokaTano

Why does everyone keep bringing up missiles on every allied jet suggestion? Do they forget that there are already a few planes in the game already that "could" carry missiles as well? Just because a plane is capable of carrying a particular weapon, doesn't mean that it should, would normally in real life, or will at all in-game.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Why does everyone keep bringing up missiles on every allied jet suggestion? Do they forget that there are already a few planes in the game already that "could" carry missiles as well? Just because a plane is capable of carrying a particular weapon, doesn't mean that it should, would normally in real life, or will at all in-game.

Like the B-29's Nuke.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well I did type up what I recalled from a statement by gaijin stating the ground terms for air vehicles.

Sorry for pressing your buttons.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal