Standard Spitfire Mk V b/c (without trop. filter)

I would realy like see the standard version of Spitfire Mk V (without tropical filter under engine) in the game. Mk V was one of the most used version of spitfires and had many subvariants. That flied not only above Nort Africa but above Western Europe too and I doubt that flied with the trop. filter there. I, and I'm sure many other player too, would value this ,,non tropical" version. 

Devs wouldn't create any extra model, remove that filter only, that's all. That could be add as a premium for example (German have trop version of Me 109 G2 in tech tree and non tropical version as a premium). 

spitfire-mkv-rs-t-raf-gm-52.jpg

Edited by The_Emptiness
  • Upvote 4
medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion.  :salute:

Oh god who cares?  They're KILL MARKS, which is practically the OPPOSITE of putting something on your plane in support of something.

But it is still banned in Germoney!

medal

But it is still banned in Germoney!

iirc, German law allows swastikas to be displayed in an artistic or historically educational context (granted there are some gray areas here and there).  As they're in a painted profile of a fighter from World War II, it counts as both and is thus perfectly legal.

Edited by Z3r0_
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

iirc, German law allows swastikas to be displayed in an artistic or historically educational context (granted there are some gray areas here and there).  As they're in a painted profile of a fighter from World War II, it counts as both and is thus perfectly legal.

Then we should change forum rules to only swastikas in certain conditions where it doesn't insult anyone like here.

medal

Or we can act like normal, rational human beings and discuss the possible addition of a non-tropical Spitfire mk V b/c instead of swastikas.

I'm all for adding this, I'm just not sure where it'd go. There's already a premium Spitfire for the UK and based on the 109-G2/Trop and the Normal 109-G2, a non-trop mk V b/c would have the same BR which we've already got several Spitfires at the Mk Vb/trop's BR. But it's another plane, which I'm always in favor of more planes and I'm sure there's a way it could get worked in.

• Upvote 2

Then we should change forum rules to only swastikas in certain conditions where it doesn't insult anyone like here.

No, because f*ck political correctness.

Or we can act like normal, rational human beings and discuss the possible addition of a non-tropical Spitfire mk V b/c instead of swastikas.

I'm all for adding this, I'm just not sure where it'd go. There's already a premium Spitfire for the UK and based on the 109-G2/Trop and the Normal 109-G2, a non-trop mk V b/c would have the same BR which we've already got several Spitfires at the Mk Vb/trop's BR. But it's another plane, which I'm always in favor of more planes and I'm sure there's a way it could get worked in.

I'd say just put them in tabs with the Spitfire Mk.Vs already in the game like the Bf-109F-4 and Bf-109F-4/Trop on the German tree.

Edited by Z3r0_
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Guys please stay on topic with the suggested plane. 

Edited by CokeSpray

By tropical filter, do you mean that ugly extension below the engine? If yes, then I wholeheartedly agree! Anyway, it would be another plane with 4 × 20 mm and that's always good.

(and I'm offended by people who are offended by the swastika)

medal

I thought especialy Mk Vb. Mk V c was used too but with 2x20mm+4x7,7mm only. 

I found only one photo, where is Mk Vc (4x20mm) without filter:

In the USA

spitfire-v-AA963-Chicago-April-1942-1-73

or this (without cannons):

Spitfire_Mk.Vc_w_773_l_tank.jpg

Edited by The_Emptiness
medal medal

I thought especialy Mk Vb. Mk V c was used too but with 2x20mm+4x7,7mm only. 

I found only one photo, where is Mk Vc (4x20mm) without filter:

In the USA

spitfire-v-AA963-Chicago-April-1942-1-73

or this (without cannons):

Spitfire_Mk.Vc_w_773_l_tank.jpg

Oh and yeah the non trop model of the Bf-109 G-2 is a Romanian markings that is why. So I want this to be normal and I don't like the trop filter on the Spitfire and yeah a normal Bf-109 G-2 is something I want to boot

medal medal medal medal

It will exactly like the version that is already in the game, right? I mean it will only change the tropical filter and different skin

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

It will exactly like the version that is already in the game, right? I mean it will only change the tropical filter and different skin

and a bit on the engine mechanics (temperature gain and stuff)

medal medal

im not insulted by the swatsika. i like the swatsika, it reminds me of a better time. add this plane please! it has swatsikas!!

Edited by sollitdude

Please for the love of the Almighty, give us this! The V looks way better without the ruddy great chin on it!

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

I think Spitfire Mk V without trop filter is better than some blueprint or prototype. More aircrafts in low tier means more options for most of players.

Edited by The_Emptiness
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

• 3 years later...

As the spitfire mkVb and mkVC have been added without the tropical filter previously,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions.:salute: