War Thunder biweekly Top Skins Of The Month Competition May

OrsonES

sVET.jpg

Dear Players!

Welcome to our new Top Skins of the month competition.

Every 2 weeks a panel of official judges, chosen from the team, will vote on the top 5 skins submitted and the winners will receive 750 Golden eagles for being placed in the top 5. Every 2 weeks, 5 new winners will be drawn and at the end of the month, the judges will vote on the top 3 of the month from the 10 winners throughout the month and those winners will earn 2000 GE each!

The Top three skins of the month will be chosen for following categories:

1. Historical Skin (any historically correct skin - aircraft / tank)                     

2. Historical Ace Skin (any historically correct skin related to ww2 ace - aircraft /ground vehicle)                      

3. Non-historical Skin (anything creative enough to get our attention)

Please post your creative, unique, historical or very special skins only. If you post something ridiculous like a bright rainbow skin, your skin will not even be considered. We will be choosing more historical and special skins. You are free to post skins for both aircraft and ground vehicles.

Rules:

• Include the category of your skin, title of your skin and if desired, a brief description of it.

• All skins must be uploaded to our live.warthunder site with the link to your skin added to your entry.

• Entries containing swastikas, SS division symbols, profanity, vulgar symbols, etc. will not be accepted.

Note:

If a skin submission has previously won, it will no longer be accepted in future selections.

Examples:

Historical Skin-

post-265301-0-29057200-1401448721.jpg

dEmrP.jpg

Historical Ace-

post-265301-0-23773300-1401448725.jpg

Non Historical-

post-265301-0-72384500-1401448728.jpg

The War Thunder Team

• Upvote 3

Catagory: Historical Ace

MiG-15 111035 "135" flown by the first ever Jet vs Jet ace, Capt. Sergei M Kramarenko

176th GvIAP, Antung, 12 April 1951 (4k .DDS)

13 kills, all jet aircraft, the first in history

http://live.warthunder.com/post/168588/

7jeu3F8.jpg

k0I4ltV.jpg

Apologies for the number '135' appearing a little "warped" in these screenshots but this is only due to the generally low quality of the current mig-15 model

[spoiler]Pq91SqE.jpg

Sergey Makarovich Kramarenko 

peG7Xvz.jpgJsQv6bX.jpg[/spoiler]

Edited by MostaFox
  • Upvote 3

Historical Skin

P-51D Mustang "LOU IV" http://live.warthunder.com/post/169594/

This Mustang was flown by Lt. Col Thomas J. J. Christian Jr. in Bottisham, Cambridgeshire, UK, July 1944. This aircraft was one of the 4 Mustangs that were taken above UK. The photo is then famously called "Bottisham four".

NRxGUzR.jpg

CH8jpss.jpg

Bottisham-Four-P-51-361st-Fighter-group.

My first submission (Sort of) so if I forgot something please inform  ;)s

Edited by Sidescrape
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

"historical Ace"

p51 - Princess Elizabeth

http://live.warthunder.com/post/169084/

Princess Elizabeth’ is painted to represent the mount of triple ace William T. Whisner (pictured), who flew with the 352nd Fighter Group, the ‘Blue Nosed B*stards’, at RAF Bodney, Norfolk, during World War Two. Whisner was credited with 15 and a half kills by the end of the war, having downed no less than five FW-190s during one sortie alone. He would go on to serve in the Korean War, where he became one of only seven pilots to become an ace in both World War Two and the Korean War

nctNH9C.jpg

kgd5MZs.jpg

Edited by cambridge79
  • Upvote 6
medal medal

--Historical Skin--

Fairey Firefly Mk-I of the Koninklijke Marine in Mid 1940 

The Skin was made from Sketch. so Every rivet and panelline was Redrawn by myself. I also made the Camouflage look like in Reallife ( look at the Refference pic ) 

During the fall of 1945 two orders of fifteen aircraft each were signed. The first twenty aircraft were F.Mk.1 serialled F-1 till F-20; the remaining ten aircraft were FR.Mk.1 serialled F-21 till F-30. 
The first six examples were handed over to the Dutch Navy January 18, 1946. These aircraft were assigned to 860 squadron. March 20, 1946 the first Dutch aircraft carrier 'Karel Doorman' entered service. 860 squadron was based on this ship. The flight deck was just 150 meters long and caused problems with start and landing. 
August 26, 1946 the 'Doorman' left for the Dutch East Indies because of the situation there. Squadron 860 was embarked with Fireflies F-17 till F-30. The Fireflies were used for air to ground support. Several Fireflies were lost in action, such as F-22, F-24 and F-27. 

http://live.warthunder.com/post/168328/

CCsSvcl.jpg

Edited by Hueynam1234
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

*** HISTORICAL SKIN ***
Plane: Me 262 A-1a/U4

Unit: JV 44
Serial: W.Nr.111899
Pilot - Maj.Willy Herget. Lechfeld, on April 25th, 1945. The aircraft equipped with MK214 cannon.

DOWNLOAD LINK: 

2662.jpg

wpRHa9i.jpgymozfxE.png

owfBPEg.jpg

1kWKbnK.jpgx0DWuv3.jpgYtk7vHd.jpg(Last is just a clean image of the first)

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Historical ACE Skin

P-51D-15 Mustang
"Cheese Cake Chassis"
S/N: 44-15392 / #20

Lt B.J. Mayer
2nd FS, 2nd ACG, 10th AF
Burma, January 1945

shot%202015.04.25%2002.32_zps2qb7hwez.pn

DL From Live:  http://live.warthunder.com/post/163643/

Edited by PROX_GAMING
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Creative Skin

Polikarpov I-16 Type 28

"White 21" is an I-16 Type 28 in a hypothetical Soviet Naval Aviation paint scheme, inspired by the colors of the Yak-38 Forger, the Soviet Navy's first carrier-based fixed-wing aircraft. Though the variant here is the Type 28, the skin will work on all I-16 models.

http://live.warthunder.com/post/160318/

post-233947-0-68993100-1430760096.png

post-233947-0-76223900-1430760117.png

post-233947-0-81582500-1430760137.png

Edited by Feral_Lutheran
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

Historical / Ace Skin

P-51D5  "Passion Wagon"

"Passion Wagon" was a P-51D of the 362nd FS/357th FG, from 1944 - 46. The aircraft was first flown by Maj. Arval Roberson, and then by Capt. Charles Weaver, wearing a non-standard base green color.  A restoration of "Passion Wagon" with historical markings and a dark blue base  flew for many years, until the aircraft was destroyed in a crash in 1990. Historical swastika kill markings have been blotted out with a simple German cross for forum pictures.

http://live.warthunder.com/post/164102/

post-233947-0-96124900-1430759597.png

post-233947-0-35507400-1430759621.png

post-233947-0-83379100-1430759654.png

[attachment=138914:WTP5102.png]

[attachment=138915:WT5101.png]

[attachment=138916:WTP5103.png]

Edited by Feral_Lutheran
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

• Senior Live Moderator

Category:     Historical Skin

Title:             M42 Duster "Have Guns Will Travel"

WT Live:      http://live.warthunder.com/post/164074/

About the creation: I've researched the whole "Duster in Vietnam" for quite some time and found some interesting looking ones. The first one i've made was this one here:

Its from the US Army Air Defense Artillery detachment and was deployed during the Vietnam War. The skin is directly painted in 4K DDS, the decals are all handdrawn by me. For the first time i've also added some special weathering effects (eg. the jumper decal on the front plate) they show only in the sun/shadow. I've also added a lot of little details, like the 7.62mm Ammo boxes/Jerry Can/...

The color of the green was really hard. The M42 from that time had this green color and i got the original color code. Problem was, the color changes ingame dramatically and it was too light. I spend 2hours of finetuning till i got the right color.

A Photo of the original Tank and additional Information are in the LIVE Post.

aces%202015-05-04%2021-11-00-06_zpsjknjr

Edited by CmdNomad
  • Upvote 2

Semi-Historical Skin
M4A3E2 76(w) with armor texturing from the 4th Armored division. A tedious skin that involves extensive modifications to both the regular templates and _n files.
shot_2015.05.03_19.36.45.jpg
408.jpg
Skin link here. (http://live.warthunder.com/post/169930/)
Upvote this post if you like the skin! Edited by TheHVos
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Category:     Historical Skin

Title:             FW Ta 152 AIR MIN 11 Great Britain

WT Live:      http://live.warthunder.com/post/150174/

About the creation

Ta.152H-1

Unit: Stab/JG 301

Serial: AIR MIN 11 (ex 9, W.Nr.150168)

Ex Luftwaffe a/c of Ofw. Willy Reschke. It was captured by British troops at Leck. In 1946 it was demonstrated at UK at 'trophies exhibition'. It was tested at Farnbrough by British pilots Brize Norton and Eric Brown.

Focke_Wulf_Ta152.jpg

asfaggfg_6.jpg

2hwlhue.jpg

33duj47.jpg

Edited by MUERTO_en_Pogo
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

Category: Fictional (Anime)

Title: Jet Striker exhaust flames

Download link

Description: An exhaust skin for all jets that's based on the anime Strike Witches. (Recommended aircraft: Me 262 and Sabre)

Jet_flame_presentation.jpg

Edited by Trude_Barkhorn_
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

Just a quick question. Can I submit an entry if I use someone else's blank template?

if the author provided the blank template to the community to help the community produce skins yes.

if you're using a skin that was intended as  an historical a skin that is "blank" just because the original plane reproduced was "blank" that would not be fair. 

• Upvote 2
medal medal

if the author provided the blank template to the community to help the community produce skins yes.

if you're using a skin that was intended as  an historical a skin that is "blank" just because the original plane reproduced was "blank" that would not be fair. 

Ok cool. Thx for the help. I'll ask the creator of the blank just in case though.

medal medal medal medal