Very Special Skyraider Skin request.

_Katyusha_

Believe it or not, this request is kinda hard for me to do.  Not because I think I can't make one myself; I suspect I can...but I don't think I'd do it justice.  There's quite a story behind this request, and in all honesty, it makes me a bit sad and yet happy to be able to make it.

So the story:

When I was growing up, my dad used to tell me tales of when he was in Vietnam.  He was over there on three tours (Shangrila, Ranger*, and Intrepid)  during the mid 1960's.  Dad was part of a squadron called "The Green Lizards" aka VA-95.  However, one of the planes he fell in love with, were the "Spads" as he called them.  You know them as the Skyraider.  Dad was a RIO (second seat) so while he didn't fly the spads, he did interact with them.  He primarily flew in vigilante bombers, though I believe he was also in other types.  Sadly, he passed in 2007, so I can't exactly ask him for details.

I remember his stories though, recounting one particular incident where a Skyraider shot down a Mig.  According to his story, the Spads had gone around one side of a mountain, while the flight of jets he was in went around the other.  (The jets took the longer path to the target.)  When coming around the mountain, the skyraiders happened upon a Mig coming in the other direction; and promptly shot it down.  As there were two confirmed Mig kills during Vietnam, one in the 70's, and one in 66 shortly before my father rotated back to the US.

This is one of the guys he flew with, and tells the story.  Dad always thought the missile hit.

https://youtu.be/m2pzyYiuK5M

When Gaijin announced that they were introducing the Spad into the game, I realized that I had a chance to at least pay some homage to the planes he loved.  So, that's why I'm posting this.

Could some kind soul create this as a skin for the in game Spad?

[spoiler]

Skyraider_AD-4N.jpg[/spoiler]

If you do, please upload it to the live site so others can have another Skyraider skin to play with.  Thanks.

Is this one?

http://live.warthunder.com/post/168493/

Not mine, it was already in live warthunder for a while, I have it in my skyraider :)

Yes and no.  Looking for one without the killmarks.

Also, they had the "Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club" patch on the plane.  I should have noted that from the start.

[spoiler]Tonkin_Gulf_Yacht_Club.jpg[/spoiler]