Focke-Wulf TA-154 Moskito

167 members have voted

1. 1. Should the TA-154 be added to the game?

• Yes, as a premium
    • Yes, on the tech tree
    • No (please add why below)

Designed as a counter measure to the "Wooden Wonder"/"The Cabinetmaker's cataclysm for the axis" (de Havilland Mosquito), the TA-154 Moskito was also made of wood and could do just under 400mph.

Focke-Wulf_Ta_154.jpg

640px-Profil_Focke-Wulf_Ta_154_II.png

General characteristics

• Crew: two
  • Length: 12.55 m (40 ft 3¼ in)
  • Wingspan: 16.30 m (52 ft 5¼ in)
  • Height: 3.60 m (11 ft 4 in)
  • Wing area: 31.40 m2 (333.7 ft2)
  • Empty Weight: 6,600 kg (15,000 lb)
  • Max Take off weight: 9,950 kg (21,900 lb)
  • Powerplant: 2 × Junkers Jumo 211N liquid-cooled V12 engine, 1,450 PS (1,066 kW) each

Performance

• Maximum speed: 615 km/h (332 kn, 382 mph)
  • Range: 1,400 km (760 nmi, 870 mi)
  • Service Ceiling: 9,500 m (31,000 ft)
  • Rate of climb: 15 m/s (2,800 ft/min)

Armament

• 2 × 20 mm MG 151 cannons
  • 2 × 30 mm (1.18 in) nose-mounted MK 108 cannons
  • 2 × fuselage-mounted 30 mm (1.18 in) MK 108 cannons, Schräge Musik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei03mkG8X1k

Edited by Platnumsniper
  • Upvote 20
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion.  :salute:

whats that saying, if you cant beat them xD

looks nice tough, how many was built ?  and hope it turns better then those darn  dodo's

medal medal medal medal medal

You forgot to mention it's operational status. For a lot of people, it matters when deciding whether to support it or not. According to Wikipedia, it was used in small numbers.

I support.

Edited by GuiRitter
  • Upvote 1
medal

You forgot to mention it's operational status. For a lot of people, it matters when deciding whether to support it or not. According to Wikipedia, it was used in small numbers.

I support.

Unfortunately production was halted after a British night bombing raid on the town of Wuppertal halted production of the Tego film resign that was used on the TA-154's construction. So the project was halted and then canceled a few years later with the introduction of the He 219. There were a few aircraft made and the TA-154 was slated for full production until that bombing raid.

Why not add this? there are aircraft with less production already in game... XP-38G (never existed), ME-262 A-1/U4, XP-55, Yak-9K, Tempest V Vickers P, R2Y2s, Ki-200, and Ho-229 to name a few

Poll added

Edited by Platnumsniper
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I voted "on the tech tree" because that's where it would be if it weren't for the bombings. But most likely it will be premium if implemented.

• Upvote 1
medal

Add a poll

This is the Luftwaffe's most embarassing failure.

Nah, that would be the Natter. which was made from furniture parts and had its canopy held in place with a furniture hinge, which broke off and killed the pilot on the first manned test flight - it should also be noted that the LUFTWAFFE turned it down, and it was the WAFFEN SS that wanted to use it, but eventually even THEY turned it down, presumably whilst some Luftwaffe officer facepalmed whilst trying his hardest to resist the urge to say "I told you so" lest he be arrested as an 'Enemy of the Reich'.

I'll support this, but I'm not sure whether it should be regular or premium.  It was a production aircraft, but it only saw very limited production because the RAF managed to destroy the factory that made the originally-intended wood glue (by complete accident, as the bomber formation that did so was way off their intended target and just decided to drop their bombs and go home - this is the exact same thing that happened with a German bomber formation that resulted in London being bombed for the first time in 1940), plus the He-219 is coming to the game as well, which was produced in larger numbers.  I'd add an option to the poll for those of us who support it but aren't sure how to implement it exactly.

Edited by Z3r0_
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

German... Mosquito...?

They both have the same name, huh.

I remember someone doing a 3D model on the forums for the Moskito, but something about a 3rd party, blah blah blah, and I don't know the rest.

Id say premium would be good. There are other planes that saw service or at least serie production (Do 335) that can fill up the German heavy fighter line while Germany is realy lacking in unique premium aircraft.

Edited by MrMakWASP
medal medal medal medal medal medal

German... Mosquito...?

They both have the same name, huh.

I remember someone doing a 3D model on the forums for the Moskito, but something about a 3rd party, blah blah blah, and I don't know the rest.

It's nickname was a very deliberate but still tongue-in-cheek acknowledgement of the Mosquito's influence on the aircraft's design.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Sure, not looking forward to flying this thing in Simulator though... the visibility from the cockpit of this aircraft is just atrocious... Also, do people SERIOUSLY think that if this thing gets added it will be on the regular tree?

RqBLplf.jpg7wx9af5.jpg

Edited by Heinkel280
medal medal medal

I was gonna suggest this so I fully support it! Also a plane like this should not be premium. Just like the F7F shouldn't be premium

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

And yet you are ok with planes like the Ho 229 (2 prototypes) and J7W1 being normal tree planes?

The difference is those were needed to fill a gap in high tiers. Once the DO 335 comes in there wont realy be a major gap in the heavy fighter line.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

+1
Only approx. 50 of them were produced, abd they had considerable problems with the landing gears. This puts the TA154 on the same maturity of the Russian I185.

I think Premium could be ok.

I wanted to mention the I-185 but I'm glad you did it first. If the I-185 (plus others already mentioned) is in the tech tree, I think the Moskito can be too (but again, I'm not hopeful and I'll accept either way).

medal

And yet you are ok with planes like the Ho 229 (2 prototypes) and J7W1 being normal tree planes?

Who said he was okay with them?

medal medal medal