• Yes
    • No
    • As a Premium
  2. 2. What Tier should it be?

• Tier 4
    • Tier 5, like the Maus
    • I said No

Tortoise (A39)

I was looking through the forum and couldn't fins any direct suggestions for this, it as been mentioned in many places but no topics purely abut it so i felt like i should do it.

zs3qu4unsd5g7urpdyhm.jpg

The Tortoise was an experimental British Super-Heavy Assault Tank. Design began in 1944 but it never went into mass production however 6 were made, that is more than the Maus and T28 (US Super Heavy). It was designedto destroy fortified locations. Thus favoured armour of mobility speaking of which ranged from 178–228 mm, stole his image from WoT sorry guys i know but seems accurate: D7oOnVw.jpg

its armament is undisputed a QF 32 pounder (94mm) with three 7.92 Besas one next to the 32pdr the other two were on top of the superstructure.

It weight a total of 79 Tonnes.

Was powered by the British Rolls-Royce Meteor V12 Petrol engine (600hp)

It had a maximum road speed of 12 MPH but only 4 MPH off road. Its reverse speed was the same due to the all speed reverse that the Merritt-Brown transmission provided.

• Upvote 9

I guess only heavy and medium tanks are the first to come in the British line, then TDs and other vehicles will come later?

medal medal medal medal medal medal

I guess only heavy and medium tanks are the first to come in the British line, then TDs and other vehicles will come later?

Well hopefully they take a little extra time and bring a more fuller line up in from the start it would allow the grind to start early on  :yes:

I support. I think it shouldn't be premium because it was to be used operationally if the war hadn't ended, and I voted "I said No" in the second question because I don't want to decide.

medal

According to the military factory, "During evaluation, the weapon and its projectile were able to pierce the armor of the impressive German Panther series of medium tanks, this recorded at a distance of some 1,000 yards away." which is just under 1KM for those who work in metric. the projectile they speak of was the impressive 32pdr Armour Piercing shot, firing at a muzzle velocity of 2880 Ft/s (877.8 M/s).

sources: http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail-page-2.asp?armor_id=354

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordnance_QF_32-pounder

Do you know what the problem of this vehicle is? It never saw combat. It's just a prototype. Wouldn't make any sense to add a prototype to the game to me...unless you want to play a "realistic" WoT...

But if anyone knows if this tank saw combat plz correct me. :good:

Edited by Volger50616

Do you know what the problem of this vehicle is? It never saw combat. It's just a prototype. Wouldn't make any sense to add a prototype to the game to me...unless you want to play a "realistic" WoT...

Can you please explain all the other "prototype" tanks in game then?
There were 6 of these they originally ordered 25 but it was cancelled after the end of WW2, the Maus never saw combat they only FULLY built one of those, the T28/T95 never saw combat either and they got two of those...

t-44, is-3 saw combat in ww2 ?

medal medal medal medal medal medal

But it's obviously ok to have the Maus, Tiger II 105, Pather II, T32, M6A1, T-95, T-28, Kugelblitz, Coelien, SMK, T-35, Arado 234C-3, Horton 229 V3, Me 262 C-1a and 2b, I-185, MiG-9 /L, Sea Meteor, J7W1, Ki-200, Kikka, R2Y2 series and probably some others I may have missed. 

So these are ok in the game. But the Tortoise, nooooo. It's crossing the line with its prototype non combat seeing fat self. 

t-44, is-3 saw combat in ww2 ?

They didn't but they were full production, aka non prototype. 

Edited by Blitzkrieguk
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

But it's obviously ok to have the Maus, Tiger II 105, Pather II, T32, M6A1, T-95, T-28, Kugelblitz, Coelien, SMK, T-35, Arado 234C-3, Horton 229 V3, Me 262 C-1a and 2b, I-185, MiG-9 /L, Sea Meteor, J7W1, Ki-200, Kikka, R2Y2 series and probably some others I may have missed. 

So these are ok in the game. But the Tortoise, nooooo. It's crossing the line with its prototype non combat seeing fat self. 

Its because of its clearly over-powered speed and manoeuvrability. 

Basically Britiain is not allowed prototypes whereas everyone else is...

• Upvote 1

Its because of its clearly over-powered speed and manoeuvrability. 

Basically Britiain is not allowed prototypes whereas everyone else is...

Damn our 19 KPH rolling bunker with about 228mm of armour and 32 pdr with about 170mm of pen. So much OP how can we be so stronk!

• Upvote 2

Damn our 19 KPH rolling bunker with about 228mm of armour and 32 pdr with about 170mm of pen. So much OP how can we be so stronk!

At the end of the day people say that the Germans got the Maus to fill a gap in T5 Heavys yeah?
The Americans got th T95 to fill a gap for their TDs
Just like every other prototype or "Paper" Plane/Tank

Well Britain didn't have many SPGs or TDs and that is why tanks such as the Tortoise need to be added, just like well probably get the Sexton (Canada) because we used that but it wasn't British but we need it otherwise British SPG line will go from T2 to T5 (assuming we get this at T5) and i hate how the Russian AAs look jumping from 2 to 5 and I don't want that in the British line why we need tanks that "didn't exist or didn't see combat" at the end of the day if the war lasted a year later this would have seen combat i was in production but got cancelled as the war ended.

• Upvote 1

At the end of the day people say that the Germans got the Maus to fill a gap in T5 Heavys yeah?
The Americans got th T95 to fill a gap for their TDs
Just like every other prototype or "Paper" Plane/Tank

Well Britain didn't have many SPGs or TDs and that is why tanks such as the Tortoise need to be added, just like well probably get the Sexton (Canada) because we used that but it wasn't British but we need it otherwise British SPG line will go from T2 to T5 (assuming we get this at T5) and i hate how the Russian AAs look jumping from 2 to 5 and I don't want that in the British line why we need tanks that "didn't exist or didn't see combat" at the end of the day if the war lasted a year later this would have seen combat i was in production but got cancelled as the war ended.

Personally I'd rather they didn't add the Maus, T-95 and Tortoise because I just think they are just stupid tanks to add. However as it stands, if the Maus and T-95 are in the game you might as well add the 3rd silly tank the Tortoise. 

The tortoise would most likely be a T5, but a low BR probs around the 6.0-6.3 mark most likely. 

Edited by Blitzkrieguk

Personally I'd rather they didn't add the Maus, T-95 and Tortoise because I just think they are just stupid tanks to add. 

you forgot the T28 there  :Ps

Guys, the Maus saw combat...last days of WWII in Berlin, destroyed like 40 russian tanks before the crew ran out of ammo... I always said NO to T28, T95, T32, people started to talk about adding the T29, I say NO to the T29. Now Gaijin added the IS-3, T-44 and IS-4 way before I started posting and commenting on the forum...

Now about the Panther II, there are pictures of multiple "Panthers" with the Panther II chassis. These "Panthers" used the Panther II chassis and turrets of the Panther such as the Ausführung A, D and G.

Tiger II, there are pictures of a Tiger II with the long 105mm. This tank saw combat too.

I read numerous books of german tanks of WWII, the data I wrote up here is TRUE.

In fact, there are planes that are protoypes that never saw combat, the Horten 229, which is my favourite plane but unfortunately never saw combat and is in the game... so guys please dont blame me! :Ds

And I forgot to say, the IS-3 is a clear example of a tank that is way to OP for its tier and for the game...

Guys, the Maus saw combat...last days of WWII in Berlin, destroyed like 40 russian tanks before the crew ran out of ammo... I always said NO to T28, T95, T32, people started to talk about adding the T29, I say NO to the T29. Now Gaijin added the IS-3, T-44 and IS-4 way before I started posting and commenting on the forum...

Now about the Panther II, there are pictures of multiple "Panthers" with the Panther II chassis. These "Panthers" used the Panther II chassis and turrets of the Panther such as the Ausführung A, D and G.

Tiger II, there are pictures of a Tiger II with the long 105mm. This tank saw combat too.

I read numerous books of german tanks of WWII, the data I wrote up here is TRUE.

In fact, there are planes that are protoypes that never saw combat, the Horten 229, which is my favourite plane but unfortunately never saw combat and is in the game... so guys please dont blame me! :Ds

im 90% sure that the Maus seeing combat is an urban myth unless you can find some real evidence of it seeing combat i will take it back but im sure the One Maus that had a turret did not see combat.

edit: spelling

Edited by swanseasean
  • Upvote 2

im 90% sure that the Maus seeing combat is an urban myth unless you can find some real evidence of it seeing combat i will take it back but im sure the One Maus that had a turret did not see combat.

edit: spelling

It didn't see combat. 

Guys, the Maus saw combat...last days of WWII in Berlin, destroyed like 40 russian tanks before the crew ran out of ammo..

Lol, no. It didn't. 

The Germans blew it up from the inside before the Soviets even got there. It was supposed to defend the factory but the Germans said sod this and blew it up from the inside. 

Lol, no. It didn't. 

The Germans blew it up from the inside before the Soviets even got there. It was supposed to defend the factory but the Germans said sod this and blew it up from the inside. 

I thought it was commanded to defend the General staff building and was destroyed from inside with explosive to prevent russians getting it either way same ending, no combat!