German Jets

Classicman_269

I think the Germans need another Korean war jet think the F-84F Thunderstreak would be a nice fit in front of the mig-15 as a go between jet.  I would also like to see a West German Canberra Mk II bomber. So what do you think about this their are not a lot of post war German jets so having US and British jet would be nicer than all the prototypes that will not have the speed to compete with the Migs and Sabers. So what do you think?

Seed: 1,119 km/h

Climb rate: 42m/s

Armament: 6x 12.7s in Browning M3 machine guns

Up to 6,000Lb of rockets and bombs or one mark 7 nuclear bomb???

Post if you have a jet that would work for the German tech tree.

Edited by Classicman_269
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Because having one U.S. designed top tier jet fighting against U.S. pilots isn't enough?

No thank you.  IMO, the CL-13 is to much as it is.  Germany with the MiG and Japan with the Sabre is how it should have been from the start.

medal

I think the Germans need another Korean war jet think the F-84F Thunderstreak would be a nice fit in front of the mig-15 as a go between jet.  I would also like to see a West German Canberra Mk II bomber. So what do you think about this their are not a lot of post war German jets so having US and British jet would be nicer than all the prototypes that will not have the speed to compete with the Migs and Sabers. So what do you think?

Seed: 1,119 km/h

Climb rate: 42m/s

Armament: 6x 12.7s in Browning M3 machine guns

Up to 6,000Lb of rockets and bombs or one mark & nuclear bomb???

Post if you have a jet that would work for the German tech tree.

Why+_586e9c85c76a6898f9d2fb95f036b275.jp

medal medal medal medal medal

Because having one U.S. designed top tier jet fighting against U.S. pilots isn't enough?

No thank you.  IMO, the CL-13 is to much as it is.  Germany with the MiG and Japan with the Sabre is how it should have been from the start.

I personally disagree with this. Germany didn't need a sabre or MiG, the Me262 should be the Top tier german jet IMHO. Germany didn't even fight in Korea! You wanna play a MiG? Play the USSR.You wanna play a F86 Sabre? Play the US.
  • Upvote 3
medal

-Deleted-  

Edited by Springfield3006
medal medal medal medal medal

Germany doesn't need a Sabre or MiG

I agree entirely with that.  Japan and Germany should never have been brought into Korea. 

But we're past that point unfortunately, and giving Germany only the MiG and Japan only the Sabre is the next best option.

and how many Sabres does the US have

And between Germany and U.S., which nation used more Sabres and which actually fought in Korea?

medal

to be fair the Canberra is in he US and British tree

I for one would gladly give up the Canberra in the U.S. tree if Germany would drop the CL-13.  If America doesn't get a jet bomber, so be it so long as the other American bombers get proper matchmaking.

And unlike the German CL-13, the Canberra was used by the U.S. in combat as far as I can find.

medal

Oh so Germany gets the F-84F thunderstreak (best F-84 variant) while USA gets the sh**ty F-84B? Good idea.

tumblr_inline_no3z93uorr1qd6voe_500.gif

• Upvote 2
medal

in my mind any one thinks this would be a German clubbing aircraft needs to Google it is a fighter/Bomber slow to accelerate and to turn it would be to balance top teir US and German jets. and for the polish jet their are plenty of pages for the international tech tree. Italy is getting its own tech tree so hope for Polish fighters    

Edited by Classicman_269

in my mind any one who thinks tis would be a German clubbing aircraft needs to Google it.

No one said it would be a clubber.  We said It's Germany doesn't need it and the CL is bad enough as is.  Just because something could be balanced, does not mean it should be in game.

Edited by TheCeltic
  • Upvote 1
medal

It is what Germany had post World War II it is not trying to give Germany an unfair advantage it is what they had. I am trying to suggest actual aircraft so Germany is not all paper planes and prototypes.       

Oh so Germany gets the F-84F thunderstreak (best F-84 variant) while USA gets the sh**ty F-84B? Good idea.

Why not give it to both? 

It is what Germany had post World War II it is not trying to give Germany an unfair advantage it is what they had. I am trying to suggest actual aircraft so Germany is not all paper planes and prototypes.       

A commendable effort.But unfortunately,most of the germans in the forums are gullible Luft 46 readers,and they tend to reject postwar planes because they believe optimistic performance expectations about never built "german" "planes".

If you don't believe me,check the Ho 229 FM thread.That thing would be disappointing if modelled correctly. 

medal medal