Custom Skinning Premium Aircraft?

HI guys

Just wondering is it possible to custom skin premium aircraft like you can normal ones? Only reason I ask is that I've got the Prendy Spitfire (T4 Premium), spent an hour doing some work on the skin through the normal means (Customise=>create user skin in user skins folder=>edited the tga files in photoshop=> replaced the tga files in the user skins folder) but when I come to load the skin in game the scheme doesn't change from the "normal" Prendy skin to the custom one. What's more when I look at the tga files they don't match up with in game model (no red nose cone and no message on the side of the engine). Am I missing something here?

Any help would be appreciated.

medal

Ok cool, thanks for that, I'm downloading the CDK now. I'm trusting finding the names with the blk file will be fairly self explanatory, sorry for what could be an obvious question, this is the first game I've ever tried making custom skins for or modding.

medal

Np, the file should be under Root/#gameres/pkg_main_aircrafts/spitfire_14/spirfire_fr_mk14e_cockpit. In the 'properties' box on the right, scroll down and you should be able to export the correct texture (spitfire_frmk14e_rcaf_prendergast_c), and double check the nomenclature of the blk

Ah yes I've got the files in question, the only thing is that the files are exported as .dds files which neither photoshop nor gimp can open. Also whats the program to use for opening the blk files? Notepad? Sorry for the stupid questions!

medal

No such thing as a stupid question. There's a dds plugin for both photoshop and gimp, which will allow you to edit/export as a .tga (that's what I do) The .blk can be opened with any basic text editor (notepad/TextEdit etc)

Cheers, managed to track one down although it took an attempt or two (and this idiot figuring out what version of gimp he had). In terms of a dmg version of the file, I can't seem to find one, only the complete version, should I just make my own, and if so is there is anything I need to be aware of when making a dmg version?

medal