CL-13B Sabre Mk. 6

JackTheRipoff

Sabre 6  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How would this be implemented

• Add this instead of the current CL-13B
    • Add this after the current CL-13B
    • Nooo, please no more new high tier jets

With the new addition of the Hawker Hunter, Germany's CL-13B will not suffice with its underwhelming armament, and its speed advantage taken away. So my idea to fix this is to upgrade it to the Mk.6. The Mk. 6 was the same airplane as the Mk. 5 however it had a new Avro Canada Orenda 14 engine, which improved it's speed and climb rate. This would give it a chance up against the Hunter and F-2. In a historical sense, the current Mk. 5 was given in limited numbers to Germany (75 aircraft) so pilots could train for the Mk. 6 which was given in much larger numbers (225 Aircraft). So to me it makes sense historically and game balance wise.

TMOF-CL-13B-Sabre-Mk.6-5_P1.jpg?itok=DHM

Specs:

Crew: one, pilot

Length: 37 ft 6 in (11.43 m)

Wingspan: 37 ft 1½ in (11.32 m)

Height: 14 ft 9 in (4.49 m)

Empty weight: 10,618 lb (4,816 kg)

Max. takeoff weight: 17,560 lb (7,965 kg)

Powerplant: 1 × Avro Canada Orenda 14 turbojet, 7,275 lbf (32.36 kN)

Maximum speed: 710 mph (1142 km/h)

Range: 1,270 mi (2044 km)

Service ceiling: 54,000 ft (16,460 m)

Rate of climb: 11,800 ft/min (59.9 m/s)

Guns: 6 0.50 in (12.7 mm) M3 Browning machine guns (1,602 rounds in total)

Rockets: variety of rocket launchers; e.g: 2 Matra rocket pods with 18 SNEB 68 mm rockets per pod

Edited by JackTheRipoff
  • Upvote 8
medal medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :salute:

No, thank you. First of all, wait for the Hunter to be actually added, then test it against CL-13s. Because the Hunter we're getting is not the one everyone expects, so there is no need to rush things.

Second thing, right now adding more FRG vehicles for Germany would require first implementing my suggestion about NATO vs. Warsaw Pact Match Maker (see in my signature). So I would halt with those for now, because I don't want to fight FRG planes flying alongside GDR and USSR ones.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

Nahh sorry... the current CL-13A (A... not B like you wrote) is faster than the hunter F1 that we get in game. No need to add another CL-13 with increased speed and less ammo.

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Nahh sorry... the current CL-13A (A... not B like you wrote) is faster than the hunter F1 that we get in game. No need to add another CL-13 with increased speed and less ammo.

It has a higher top speed, but the devs have stated that the hunter will be the fastest in horizontal flight.

medal medal medal

well ok add it if you want to but i think germany needs a high tier jet with revolvercanons because it hasnt got any

britain:hawker hunter

america: top sabre

medal medal medal medal

lol no the cla mk6 would outperform all current top tier jets including the hawker f1.

cla mk6 isnt warranted unless other nations get post korean varations of top tier jets such as the mig1f7, or F86H, or hawker mk5/6 for the respective nations, excpet the problem is, all those jets generally outperform the cla mk6.

germany never operated the mk6. thats why the the got the cla mk5 not just any earlier version.

Edited by kev2go
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

well ok add it if you want to but i think germany needs a high tier jet with revolvercanons because it hasnt got any

britain:hawker hunter

america: top sabre

That is what the speed could counter

lol no the cla mk6 would outperform all current top tier jets including the hawker f1.

cla mk6 isnt warranted unless other nations get post korean varations of top tier jets such as the mig1f7, or F86H, or hawker mk5/6 for the respective nations, excpet the problem is, all those jets generally outperform the cla mk6.

germany never operated the mk6. thats why the the got the cla mk5 not just any earlier version.

You are right, germany got this in 1956 when the sabre was already obsolete to the f-100s and mig 17/21 .

medal medal medal

Personally I think it would be interesting to have this in-game however there are a lot of other aircraft at Tier I-IV that need to be added first to fill gaps. Such examples would be the British Bomber Line.

yeah like people play brits for thier bombers anyways...

anyways

the brits are going to get more bombers like the halifx. probably relatively soon if not 1.53, then the likely next major update 1.55.

either way this is offtopic discussing uk tech tier tiers 1-4.

Edited by kev2go

Honestly I'd like to see Germany get the F-84F and GR.91 before they get this thing, but I wouldn't have a problem with this.

not before having the Americans get the F84F first since its an american design for the USAF first and foremost.

Edited by kev2go

not before having the Americans get the F84F first since its an american design for the USAF first and foremost.

I meant in regards to this particular aircraft.  Yes the US should get it too, preferably at the same time.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Nah. Instead of this, give us the G.91.

g91s why did they even bother releasing that plane? 1075 km top speed, and only 5000 pounds of thrust? and didnt enter service until 1961? that makes it weaker than current top tier jets such as F86F and mig15bis, and not to mention by 1961 there were mach 2 jet fighters already in service with the usa and soviet union, so it was wasted funds on developing that plane.

and its a italian designed plane, evne if the luftwaffe used them too. Italy is probably going to get it first.

Edited by kev2go

g91s why did they even bother releasing that plane? 1075 km top speed, and only 5000 pounds of thrust? and didnt enter service until 1961? that makes it weaker than current top tier jets such as F86F and mig15bis, and not to mention by 1961 there were mach 2 jet fighters already in service with the usa and soviet union, so it was wasted funds on developing that plane.

and its a italian designed plane, evne if the luftwaffe used them too. Italy is probably going to get it first.

That is IF Gaijin adds an Italian tech tree like they said they would.  They promised at the start of the year that they would at LEAST release details on it during the summer...and they have 11 days of summer left.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

That is IF Gaijin adds an Italian tech tree like they said they would.  They promised at the start of the year that they would at LEAST release details on it during the summer...and they have 11 days of summer left.

if they dont add the italians, they could just put the g91 in the international tech tree.

Edited by kev2go

if they dont add the italians, they could just put the g91 in the international tech tree.

Or the German tree since they actually USED them.  The International tech tree project has been confirmed to be on "indefinite hiatus" anyway.

Edited by Z3r0_

Honestly I'd like to see Germany get the F-84F and GR.91 before they get this thing, but I wouldn't have a problem with this.

I do.  The Mk.6 Canadair easily outpowers the current competition and would thus break T5 balance.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

This would not break T5 balance.  As long as a counterpart is added in another countries lineup and the match making is correct.  The Hawker Hunter is going to be op.  Were going to need another jet to counter it.  Thats the way warfare is.  One enemy comes out with something a little better.  The other has to find something a little better to counter it.  Granted better is subjective but everything is a swiss army knife.  Your blade might be real pointy but dull.  Mine might be rounded but sharp as hell.

Edited by ekg98
medal

the problem is most other counries getting a new jet would in turn outperform it. 

the Uk would have to get the hawker mk5, but that generates 8,300 pounds of thrust.

usa would have to get the F-86H but that has 8,900 pounds of thrust.

and russia would be entitled to a mig17f.

all 3 would outperform the cla mk6, just like the cla would outperform current top tier jets such as the mig15bis and f86f.

Edited by kev2go

Yes and no. IF they go 60s, then yes...because Ger will need it, eventually, to pass to f104s and stuff.

IF they go till 1960 flat,maybe. Depends how far all the others that manufactured their planes will go. An F.1 Hunter, won't be better than F-2 or MK5 CL. At best it would be equal...at worst, it would be close enough, maybe better than MiG 15BiS (depends the FM as well). 

If it stays like we are now. NO. MK5 CL is fine enough. And if you go MK6. Then, what about Japan? 

medal medal medal medal medal

Hopefully we see japan have a F86D then.  Maybe radar add more balance.  I am just saying that sometimes balance is incorrect.  You do not want to be balanced going into a fight.  You always want the upper hand.  However this doesn't work well in game.  Unless there is some other balancing method.  Add another team player on the enemy depending on the level of balance?

Edited by ekg98
medal