Breda ammo (12.7mm and 7.7mm)

BlueBeta

• Senior Technical Moderator

When MG starts to do some structural damages, as it should be since its HE capability is quite limited, it helps a lot :-) 

I finally tried some very quick user made missions (I'm at work eheh no time for a real battle) and I agree with you: more effective. And tracers are flamethrower like, too.

Edited by Ingulf666
medal medal medal medal

Were the guns changed overnight? I'm spading the MC202 and I feel like the guns are back to what they used to be before the patch, I can get guns on target but they are back to their old incosinstent selves.

medal medal

Ok, everyday seems to change. This morning bredas air belt looked ineffective (in my experience, ofc), then I switched to tracers and....the world was on fire!

medal medal medal medal

50 minutes ago, Ingulf666 said:

Ok, everyday seems to change. This morning bredas air belt looked ineffective (in my experience, ofc), then I switched to tracers and....the world was on fire!

me too

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

With 1.69 release, keep in mind that server are under high load.

Game is released and everything, that's cool, but the serves are sometime still updating + fatching + seeding etc, so your gaming experience might not be as perfect as 1day before the patch.

"Patch day, no play"

• Upvote 3

Ah that makes sense, thanks. So Bredas have not been changed, and it's a lot more about latency and sparking due to high load? That's actually great news, I was afraid the buff was already turned down a little.

medal medal

14 hours ago, TLTeo said:

Ah that makes sense, thanks. So Bredas have not been changed, and it's a lot more about latency and sparking due to high load? That's actually great news, I was afraid the buff was already turned down a little.

You can still check with Mike, as I belive he wouldn't have let that pass through his watch, but honnestly, I doubt that Gaijin would do anything to the gun damages without letting player know, after what they did 1 week ago

I'm a little bit perplexed as to the inconsistencies everyone is stating about the Breda rounds.

I've had little to no problem using them pre-patch and post. They've tended to always feel the same for me, but I have noticed that their chance to critically cause structural and internal damage to components has seemingly gone up since the last update.

medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2015 at 3:08 PM, Keira_C said:

WOW what a horrible tracer round design! That 12.7mm Tracer has a HUGE tracer tube with will cause a large change in projectile mass as it burns down and cause the round to travel differently from the non tracer rounds in the same belt!

Its 36.35g before it starts burning tracer composition where as the Incendiary is 36.5g consistently as it travels down range. If its in a belt of 1 in 4 or 1 in 7 thats 1 shot tracer on target with up to 6 shots non tracer that will be landing some place else!

The other two rounds have their own tracer units so that Tracer only round needs to be kept for practice and night time shows only.

I read somewhere about pilots knowing that their tracers were off for multiple reasons. Hence another reason why combat was preferred at closer ranges than in game (AB).
I have wondered how the different rounds in a belt have their flight modeled. I feel/assume they may just give a "bloom" to each belt for a scatter pattern that can have fewer variables to track during the game because of lag.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, you guys seem to be back and forth on which belts are most effective.
It has been a while since you were talking about it; maybe by now you have decided which belts work the best?
Just wondering what the general consensus is on best belts to use for 7.7mm and 12.7mm.

medal medal

IMHO, the next step to improve Breda-SAFAT guns is the ballistic, in my opinion is too arcuate...
7.7 needs improvements too..

• 3 weeks later...

So, you guys seem to be back and forth on which belts are most effective.
It has been a while since you were talking about it; maybe by now you have decided which belts work the best?
Just wondering what the general consensus is on best belts to use for 7.7mm and 12.7mm.

I'm wondering too.  Just finished a couple matches with tracer belts in the 12.7mm and couldn't really tell.  Seemed to get hits and nothing happened.  Maybe I'll try Air or Universal again...

Edited by Diomedesbc
medal medal

• Technical Moderator
5 hours ago, *BrentD15 said:

I really don't like how the German and Japanese 12.7mm guns perform in this game, especially with the smoke trails they leave behind.

Germans don´t have 12,7mm MGs... They have 13mm ones. :P

DieJagdente (Posted )

Do Not: 1.1.2. Start or participate in flame wars, intentionally derail a topic, or post useless spam messages in moderated areas.

• Technical Moderator
19 hours ago, *BrentD15 said:

I meant ITALIAN!:crazy:

Wupsy, sorry then. :D

But seriously, why do the Japanese and Italian 12.7s leave behind such heavy smoketrails when firing?

Isn't the Italian 12.7 based off the American M1919 .50cal?

5 hours ago, *BrentD15 said:

But seriously, why do the Japanese and Italian 12.7s leave behind such heavy smoketrails when firing?

Isn't the Italian 12.7 based off the American M1919 .50cal?

Italian 12.7mm was based on the M1919 .30cal and the Japanese was based on the M1921 .50cal.

They both use the same cartridge and they generally have higher RoF compared to the american ones.

I'd assume the heavy smoke trails are there because of the lower muzzle velocity those guns have? (Doesn't the 13mm MG 131 also have heavy smoke trails?)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Hopit said:

Italian 12.7mm was based on the M1919 .30cal and the Japanese was based on the M1921 .50cal.

They both use the same cartridge and they generally have higher RoF compared to the american ones.

I'd assume the heavy smoke trails are there because of the lower muzzle velocity those guns have? (Doesn't the 13mm MG 131 also have heavy smoke trails?)

Breda use the vickers cartridge, and it's a 50cal, not a 30.

1 hour ago, Redberseker said:

Breda use the vickers cartridge, and it's a 50cal, not a 30.

And where did I say Breda is not .50cal?

And also Breda-Safat has both 12.7mm and 7.7mm versions, so... you're wrong (fine, it's .303, not .30 you got me there)

Edited by Hopit
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 1/12/2017 at 12:14 AM, Hopit said:

And where did I say Breda is not .50cal?

And also Breda-Safat has both 12.7mm and 7.7mm versions, so... you're wrong (fine, it's .303, not .30 you got me there)

Not thought you're referring to 7.7.

• 4 weeks later...

The guns are lacking of the HEI-T (High  Explosive-Incendiary-Tracer) bullets, that were considered very effective by the pilots.
Belts currently present in game are wrong.

Edited by Guest