"German T-34" Panzerkampfwagen VK 30.02 (DB)

WarDog_pt

vk3002db.jpg
vaQgh.jpg

i0hGU.jpg

d0193462_19504727.jpg
Wile reading about the Panther, I read about this competing prototype from Daimler-Benz. It is said it was a copy of the T-34/76 but maybe better, because of the study of flaws and it had better armament and optics.
This could fit in the TechTree maybe in late Tier 3 or early Tier 4, like the Panthers and T-34/85.
Unfortunately, I don't have much information about this tank, but I found this Russian modeling page with some interesting info, and I gave it some credit because I know that modelists can be very picky in details, but the only Specs. chart I could find is about a early prototype named vk 30.01(D) and supposedly very similar to the final prototype. 
I had to translate the page and I could miss some information.

Hope it helps and if anyone have more info about it, could be great, and that you consider my suggestion.

http://maximodelizm.com.ua/viewtopic.php?id=2030&p=4

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=197766&p=1779956&hilit=VK.3002+DB#p1779956

http://inscale.org/public/?p=1212

Edited by WarDog_pt
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 63
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :Salute:

• Upvote 1

No

Why not?

i think BVV_d said it's coming at some point

I've consult the suggestions list and there's no reference to it, so I decide to suggest it. If it is been consider, it could be good.

Edited by WarDog_pt

An of the remains of the prototype (In spoilers):

[spoiler]VK_3002_%28DB%29_1.jpg[/spoiler]

Of it during construction (?) I say that because the editing style is similar to that of factory photos:

[spoiler]VK_3002_%28DB%29_2.jpg[/spoiler]

It'd make an interesting vehicle for sure, should have a diesel engine (less flammable, we all know how T-34's work), be a little more mobile and has better turret protection to a degree. If it was in the main tree tho it might cause some upsets because WoT has it there as well. Would work as a Tier 3 prem at 5.7 (like regular panther) or 5.3 (to combat the 34-85's), knowing balance tho they'd put it at 5.7, meanwhile in T-34-100 BR 6.3 land (RB)....

So yea, +1 as long as it's sensibly done since clearly the devs are open to one-off prototypes. (I abandoned the impression that they wouldn't do prototype stuff, since they'll likely keep doing it regardless of community opinions)

• Upvote 12
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I'll support adding this.  It was at least partially constructed and there shouldn't be any balancing issues, and if not this then a Beutepanzerkampfwagen T-34(r ) (which WAS used in fairly decent numbers operationally) would be another option.

Edited by Z3r0_
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

An of the remains of the prototype (In spoilers):

[spoiler]VK_3002_%28DB%29_1.jpg[/spoiler]

Of it during construction (?) I say that because the editing style is similar to that of factory photos:

[spoiler]VK_3002_%28DB%29_2.jpg[/spoiler]

It'd make an interesting vehicle for sure, should have a diesel engine (less flammable, we all know how T-34's work), be a little more mobile and has better turret protection to a degree. If it was in the main tree tho it might cause some upsets because WoT has it there as well. Would work as a Tier 3 prem at 5.7 (like regular panther) or 5.3 (to combat the 34-85's), knowing balance tho they'd put it at 5.7, meanwhile in T-34-100 BR 6.3 land (RB)....

So yea, +1 as long as it's sensibly done since clearly the devs are open to one-off prototypes. (I abandoned the impression that they wouldn't do prototype stuff, since they'll likely keep doing it regardless of community opinions)

Yes, it could be 5.7 and no more the 6.0.
What I've read about it, it is said that one of the reasons not to chose it was the changing in German "filosophy" of frontal transmission, since this tank it's a rear transmission like the T-34. Another aspect was the reformulation of the factories production lines and another was the possibility of "friendly fire" because of his similarity with the soviet tank.
I also read that it could be produced in larger number then the Panther because of it simplicity.

You also talked about the diesel engine. I think they thought of that in the first prototype (Vk 30.01 db) but in the second one (Vk30.02 db) they've change to the same one of the Panther, a benzine Maybach.

Edited by WarDog_pt

There's a version B of the prototype even more sloped:

[spoiler]C7FQa.jpg[/spoiler]

That second one looks very fake, also the tag 'Designed by dllu' doesn't make it too credible.

Also since there's mini-tree's that work with GE now (Calliope -> M26 with rockets) there could be the 30.01 to the 30.02, there wouldn't be much difference tho apart from the engine, maybe a couple other smaller things that aren't notable right off the bat tho.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Put a balkan cross on it and you have one.

Balkan? O.o You mean Balkenkreuz xD?

And i vote for yes! +1 mate :) I love this tanks

We also need Vk 36.01 H....It's something like young TIger :P

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

Yayy lets imagine another damn thing for this game!! make up specs, implement another fantasy never made engine + transmission,.....

Needless that i say no right?

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Balkan? O.o You mean Balkenkreuz xD?

And i vote for yes! +1 mate :) I love this tanks

We also need Vk 36.01 H....It's something like young TIger :P

My mistake :P *Balkenkreuz

Vk 36.01 H?!? Didn't know that one. Looks like a mini-tiger :D

Edited by WarDog_pt

Yayy lets imagine another damn thing for this game!! make up specs, implement another fantasy never made engine + transmission,.....

Well, this one was not an imaginary. Daimler-Benz did start producing 200 (???) but stopped half way. The only imaginary thing was the viability of the components. Most of the thing are known like the engine, canon, suspension, weight, turret mechanism.

• Upvote 1

That second one looks very fake, also the tag 'Designed by dllu' doesn't make it too credible.

Also since there's mini-tree's that work with GE now (Calliope -> M26 with rockets) there could be the 30.01 to the 30.02, there wouldn't be much difference tho apart from the engine, maybe a couple other smaller things that aren't notable right off the bat tho.

You could be right. I got this one from a Chinese page and I couldn't translate it. I tried to confirm and it seems it's a fan art..... (sad about it :(  )

• Upvote 1

If you go by this logic we might exclude any prototypes in working condition - since that is exactly what the Daimler Panther was.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

i0hGU.jpg

I don't think I am ever going to understand the obsession with leaf springs on some of the German tanks. They were fine for a 9 ton Pz. II; for a 35 ton tank? Not so much. On the other hand, the double torsion bar system in the Panther seems redundant and a single torsion bar system would have been fine.

Edited by Silavite
  • Upvote 2
medal

I don't think I am ever going to understand the obsession with leaf springs on some of the German tanks. They were fine for a 9 ton Pz. II; for a 35 ton tank? Not so much. On the other hand, the double torsion bar system in the Panther seems redundant and a single torsion bar system would have been fine.

I think I read in some forum that exchanging from leafs to torsion was one of the alterations they did from vk 30.01(db) to vk 30.02(db)