Kurt Knispel’s King Tiger II (H)

Carrier_

Do you want Kurt Knispel's Tiger II(H) implemented in the game ?  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Kurt Knispel's Tiger II(H) implemented in the game ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (explain)

Kurt Knispel’s King Tiger
Hungary, April 1945

Weapons of Victory feature a lot of allied heroes and their warmachines, some of them more and some of them less famous. Reason why me and Carthoo want this premium vehicle in the game is, that we believe Kurt Knispel is a important military person and a tank ace, who served in the Heer as a panzer loader, gunner and later commander. Kurt Knispel’s King Tiger would be perfect at BR 6.7 in the German Tank tree as a Premium Vehicle. We’re sure it would be really wanted premium vehicle, which would satisfy a lot of people. Similar vehicle can be found in the Soviet tree, where we have IS-2 “Revenge for the Hero brother” heavy tank.

Only real difference of this premium vehicle, if you would compare it with the Tiger II(H) in the tech tree are extra track links welded on the turret for protection from shaped charges, which could be seen bellow on the pictures – historical ones and the Knispel’s Tiger model.

Knispel’s KT(H) Model:
This is probably one of the best models of the Kurt Knispel’s Tiger II (H) where we can see all markings together with camouflage. Model is based on several authentic photos from the 503rd in Hungary. As was told before, one of the most notable feature of their tanks were extra track links welded on the turret for protection from shaped charges.

Here are some historical photos of 503rd battalion’s Tiger II tanks:[spoiler]xtD5vMk.jpg[/spoiler][spoiler]18sD3qN.jpg[/spoiler][background=transparent][spoiler]y6lQL0r.jpg[/spoiler][/background]More pictures of 503rd KTs are in this post of mine: http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/286183-kurt-knispel’s-king-tiger-ii-h/?p=5640824

[background=transparent]And here is the model (Author: Darren McCarthy) of the Knispel’s Tiger II:[/background][background=transparent][spoiler]TabeuIr.jpg[/spoiler][/background][background=transparent][spoiler]QaXgIHl.jpg[/spoiler][/background][background=transparent][spoiler]HjUQFTp.jpg[/spoiler][/background][background=transparent][spoiler]QzRN9fM.jpg[/spoiler][/background][background=transparent][spoiler]LtK6LiI.jpg[/spoiler][/background]

[background=transparent]Kurt Knispel:[/background]
  • Kurt Knispel is credited with 168 confirmed tanks destroyed as Commander/Gunner
  • Some sources speaking of possibly as many as 205 kills
  • He is credited with knocking out a T-34 at 2000 meter
  • Destroyed over 70 enemy anti-tank guns, and countless bunkers and field works
Knispel was the gunner of a Panzer IV under Lt. Hellman during Operation Barbarossa, where he participated in the initial assault as part of Panzergruppe 3, LVII Army Corps (later LVII Panzer Corps), commanded by General Adolf-Friedrich Kuntzen. Knispel saw action from Yarzevo to the gates of Stalingrad, in the north around the Leningrad-Tikhvin area, and also in the Caucasus under Eberhard von Mackensen. A photograph of November 1942 shows Gefreiter Knispel with the Panzerkampfabzeichen, the E.K.II, and the Verwundetenabzeichen in black. Knispel returned to Putlos at the end of January 1943 and became familiar with the new Tiger I tanks. By this time, Knispel was already credited with 12 kills.
A group of men from Putlos were sent to the 500th Panzer Battalion at Paderborn. These men, led by Oberfeldwebel Hans Fendesack, would become the 1st Company of the 503rd Heavy Panzer Battalion which fought at Kursk as flank cover for the 7th Panzer Division (Armee Abteilung Kempf). Transferred from the east, the company was re-equipped with Tiger IIs and fought around Caen and in the retreat from Normandy. Then the unit was transferred back to the Eastern Front and saw action around Mezőtúr, Törökszentmiklós, Cegléd, Kecskemét and the Gran bridgehead, Gyula, Nitra, Bab Castle (in one action, Knispel reported 24 enemy hits on his Tiger II), Laa and finally Wostitz, where he was fatally wounded together with another tank commander Feldwebel Skoda
Knispel's slow promotion is attributed to his conflicts with higher Nazi authorities. Once, for example, he assaulted an SS Einsatzgruppen officer whom he saw mistreating Soviet POWs. Some historians also mention his general lack of military bearing by wearing a goatee and hair longer than regulations allowed. However, according to Lt Colonel Alfred Rubbel, Knispel was always willing to help others (immer gewillt zu helfen) and friendly (freundlich).

503rd Heavy Panzer Battalion
The 503rd and the later Feldherrnhalle heavy tank battalions are credited with the destruction of around 1,700 enemy tanks. The battalion lost 252 Tiger Is, Tiger IIs and also some Panzer IIIs. Of these, 123 (49%) were destroyed by their crews and 113 (45%) were destroyed by the enemy. The battalion had more tanks put out of action outside combat than to enemy action. This was a common occurrence in German tank units as a result of the poor reliability of Tiger tanks and the fuel supply problems often suffered by the German army.
The 503rd maintained a kill ratio of 15:1 for combat losses, which was above average for German heavy tank battalions and the second highest for combat losses. The number of tanks claimed as destroyed by the 503rd will exceed the number which were actually destroyed, as a knocked out tank may be repaired, and two tanks firing on the same target may both claim the "kill," resulting in that target being counted twice, and some claims have simply been exaggerated. However, there are several examples where claims were found to be entirely accurate when enemy losses were counted, as when German troops held an area after a battle and were able to prevent Soviet forces from recovering their lost vehicles.

Knispel’s information taken from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Knispel
503rd information taken from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/503rd_Heavy_Panzer_Battalion
Image source: http://www.precision-panzer.moonfruit.com/#/knispels-king-tiger/4568387679

Important: There was a suggestion on this tank before, but I think it lack main difference between these and classic Tigers, so I've decide to create a new one.

A bit of promotion:
w5ICbJt.jpg t8sMLcT.jpg
  • Upvote 52
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :Salute:

• Upvote 4

I would love to see this added.

"Ace" tanks have always been an idea which I liked.

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Open for discussion. :salute:

Thank you very much  :salute: 

Already suggested

I know and I mention that in the OP together with a reason why I decide open a new one:

Important: There was a suggestion on this tank before, but I think it lack main difference between these and classic Tigers, so I've decide to create a new one.

Sadly, GCTR for some reason decide to do not mention main difference of the 503rd King Tigers (tracks on the turret).

Carrier_ (Posted )

Ah I forget add poll before. Done
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Why not? Also please remove that bad modifier on the turret.

voted yes

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

One thing that bothers me is that this is KTH.

I remember KTH club 6.7 too well for now to say 'yes' to this suggestion.

Having to fight a KTH alone is sometimes hard, having to fight a player that could spawn KTH-Dornier with 4t of bombs-KTH is something that could hurt... a lot.

But I guess it is no diffrent from IS-2 Revenge-Tu-2 with 4 500kg-IS-2-44... 

I have mixed feelings about this. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Having to fight a KTH alone is sometimes hard, having to fight a player that could spawn KTH-Dornier with 4t of bombs-KTH is something that could hurt... a lot.

The KT is also an iconic German tank, so I would think this would make a great premium

Sure you'll fight things that aren't from ww2, but it's still fun. And no, KT dosent club 6.7 anymore - not when all it sees is 7.7 Edited by Der_Schumacher
medal medal medal

I like this idea, because this Tiger fought in Hungary.  :good:

BUT

I wait some new "old" paintings to german vehicles and the King Tiger too rather!!

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/195898-new-original-german-tank-skins/?p=3776898

Your paintings too!!!

AND

I think would be great a Knispel turret number to it!

post-1000103085-0-34062300-1413736510.jp

Edited by Thiky
medal medal medal medal

I wait some new "old" paintings to german vehicles and the King Tiger too rather!!

AND

I think would be great a Knispel turret number to it!

And that is the point.

We have specific camouflages and marking in the game, but only on premium vehicles / unlockable with premium vehicle.

I have no problem with more camouflages (Germans got actually a lot of them), but...

Unique vehicle with unique visual & model apperance with more defensive features (linked track on the turret) vs Camouflage ??

I would always prefer unique vehicle over camouflage.

You know you've pretty much contradict here, right ? :) Well I understand, but as you said we already have this in the game.

Also only yesterday I've won 4 backups for my Achilles just because I play it.

I'm pretty sure there are more people out there with more backups...

So you know, you can meet like 10 people out of 150 with this premium Tiger,

but you can meet atleast double of them with backups - which are free or for really small price.

You know you've pretty much contradict here, right ? :) Well I understand, but as you said we already have this in the game.

Also only yesterday I've won 4 backups for my Achilles just because I play it.

I'm pretty sure there are more people out there with more backups...

So you know, you can meet like 10 people out of 150 with this premium Tiger,

but you can meet atleast double of them with backups - which are free or for really small price.

I know I contradict myself.

But I don't like IS-2-44 Revenge being in the game, this would be the same, but only for diffrent nation, why should I support this?

• Upvote 1

Because IS2 Revenge is in the game, will stay in the game, so best option is to balance this for all nations with T4 ace premium? And btw u dont need to buy these for the impact on the game you dont like. Talismans can do this too, and youre getting them for playing...so circle KT - Dornier - KT - Dornier - KT can be used even without Knispels KT.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Because IS2 Revenge is in the game, will stay in the game, so best option is to balance this for all nations with T4 ace premium? And btw u dont need to buy these for the impact on the game you dont like. Talismans can do this too, and youre getting them for playing...so circle KT - Dornier - KT - Dornier - KT can be used even without Knispels KT.

OK sure, but I will not support something that is a counter to something that shouldn't be in the game in the first place. And stop pushing me, or I am not entilted to my own opinion?

OK sure, but I will not support something that is a counter to something that shouldn't be in the game in the first place. And stop pushing me, or I am not entilted to my own opinion?

Yo do - but you're meeting opposing opinions with just as much weight and value as your own. Stop playing the victim and understand this is just discussion

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

I do, from when not agreeing for something is disregarding somebody else opinion?

Christ, I am out of here, this is happening in every sugesstion thread - dare to say no? Then get mowed into the ground by 5 supporters because you voice your opinion. Dare to point it out? Jeez, how could I point this out to somebody, it is so rude of me to do so.

I do, from when not agreeing for something is disregarding somebody else opinion?

Christ, I am out of here, this is happening in every sugesstion thread - dare to say no? Then get mowed into the ground by 5 supporters because you voice your opinion. Dare to point it out? Jeez, how could I point this out to somebody, it is so rude of me to do so.

Come back when you can handle walking into a room full of opposition, as well as criticism

medal medal medal

^this is exactly what I am talking about.

You are the one not taking criticism good way, all that triggered you is a single man who disagreed to your beloved idea and you go full steam ahead.

WT forums in a nutshell. 

Anyway, I am out of here, now post something irrelevant and go to sleep thinking 'good good, I showed him who is the boss' I don't really care anymore.

^this is exactly what I am talking about.

You are the one not taking criticism good way, all that triggered you is a single man who disagreed to your beloved idea and you go full steam ahead.

WT forums in a nutshell. 

Anyway, I am out of here, now post something irrelevant and go to sleep thinking 'good good, I showed him who is the boss' I don't really care anymore.

All that "triggered" me is someone who can't handle being the one opposition in a room full of supporters, then storming off with your arms up in the air as if you didn't expect that to happen; this is what I'm bothered by about you

All i will say on the matter is while you have made your point, and it is a respectable one, the Is-2 revenge is a tank that will not be "removed" from WT. Branching off from that fact, what is stopping Gaijin from adding a German Ace tank on a similar respectable matter?

Plagis's Spitfire, "Daddy's girl" P-51, The russian LaGG (Or Yak. cant remember), or effectively any of the weapons of victory - each ace vehicles of vehicles already in their respective tank trees. You are fixated on the gameplay aspect of adding a second KT(H), but bringing up the Doriner into the matter is a red herring. A second vehicle to use does not fundamentally change the dynamic of a game, as it can be perceived as a "large amount of backups". The KT is a good tank, but MM has it seeing 7.7 moreso than 6.7 max. It can club in the right game - but so can mostly anything else 

Adding a Knispel KT would be a nice recognition towards a German tank Ace, or someone like Otto Carius with a Tiger H1. Yes, you can talisman the equivalent vehicle, but people would pay money for something iconic as an Ace KT. I would like to personally see some German Ace vehicle under the tech tree, that isnt obstructed by Gaijin for being German

medal medal medal