A6M3

esapekkis

Is the A6m3 mod 22 worth of ~0,5million lions? It does have more canon ammo than tier 8 zero, but repair cost is about 1/3 higher and reward bonus is even lower than you see with lvl 7 or 8 zeros. Currently I get on average 1 kill before I get shot down in arcade. Yeah, should probably try learn to fly these things properly :kamikadze:

It seems as all the Zeros perform fairly similar. I would say get it and replace it with the level 7 zero you get as that has fairly limited ammunition, also try and pick your targets and single them out in a zero, there very agile and maneuverableplanes but once you get shot most of the time you'll go down in flames.

Tier 8 zero no longer has less ammo than previous Zeros, it was an error (I guess someone thought "shorter wings = less ammo"). Actually (and that's how it is now), A6M2 had less ammo than other Zeros.

I haven't yet checked how A6M3 (tier 8) performs in Arcade, but in HB, I'd go with tier 8 one, since it has the best roll rate, but is slightly less manoeuvrable as a downside.

In tier 9 Zero, you are more manuverable, but basically have the same terrible roll rate like in the first Zero -> that was wrong, the tier 9 Zero is almost as manoeuvrable as tier 8, yet I still think the tier 8 is the better one of the two.

medal medal

your first priority in a zero is not to get hit even a 7.7mm machine gun can easily tear the wings of your level 9 a6m or put you into flames (paper armor there's nothing we could do in this fact). I remember a bi plane sets my zero easily to fire while shooting at my 6 o'clock  with its derp gun.

second don't attack enemy planes head on even a tier2 buffalo can kill you in an instant if he has accurate aim, don't get cocky even though you have the firepower.

i remember in arcade, i sometimes get careless and forget about this tactics.. i even attack yak 9t head on :?s  and my zero is barbecued with its 37mm.  :facepalm:  

• Upvote 1

The A6M3 mod 22 was the best Zero which I used so far. It's roll rate is not the best, but it feels better than the one of the A6M2, just use the rudder! (I'm talking about HB)

And even though it's a Zero, sometimes it can take pretty much from the US planes. You lose your ability to fight very fast if you get hit hard, but you can fly back to land in any condition.

medal medal medal medal medal

Tier 8 zero no longer has less ammo than previous Zeros, it was an error (I guess someone thought "shorter wings = less ammo"). Actually (and that's how it is now), A6M2 had less ammo than other Zeros.

I haven't yet checked how A6M3 (tier 8) performs in Arcade, but in HB, I'd go with tier 8 one, since it has the best roll rate, but is slightly less manuverable as a downside.

In tier 9 Zero, you are more manuverable, but basically have the same terrible roll rate like in the first Zero.

It seems a good deal better to me. Not as good as the mod 32 mind, but better.

As to why you'd use it over the mod 32... No idea. Was asking myself the same question.

medal

Hmmm...seems like the ammo amounts changed a couple hours after I posted. Reward bonus stayed still lower than tier 7 and 8 zeros. I think I might just skip this plane and save my few lions to next Ki-61 (since I suck with zeros and this one gives even less lions and xp than the last 2 I bought). Only 1 lvl needed, got to lvl 10 twice today since the rollback between updates ;)s

just unlocked the a6m3 today, and been doing great in HB (before they locked it for jap planes, any know why they did it?) , its an enjoyment to fly , and most i know agree on sticking to the tier 8 over the tier 9 version. 

well i just bought the japanese campaign pack and i got a6m5ko and loving it. dont give up on your zeros i know the frustration.  :kamikadze:

It seems a good deal better to me. Not as good as the mod 32 mind, but better.

As to why you'd use it over the mod 32... No idea. Was asking myself the same question.

You're right - last time I've flown mod 22 was in patch 1.27, so I assumed the changes to roll rate were also affecting it as much as A6M2. In reality, it's roll rate is almost as good as mod 32.

Still, with the correction of ammo amounts to mod 32, I'd say it's still the better one of the two.

medal medal

Still working on this being a bug, can't disclose more, it's not dead yet

:kamikadze:

Good to know, thanks.

Since you're here, what, in your view, could be the rationale of the mod-22 being one rank higher than the mod-32? I'm not asking you to explain Gaijin's decisions for them obviously, but since you have a far better understanding of the Zeros' FM than anyone here, I was just wondering if you could shed some light on what exactly is it that A6M3 mod-22 does better than its mod-32 counterpart...

medal

Good to know, thanks.

Since you're here, what, in your view, could be the rationale of the mod-22 being one rank higher than the mod-32? I'm not asking you to explain Gaijin's decisions for them obviously, but since you have a far better understanding of the Zeros' FM than anyone here, I was just wondering if you could shed some light on what exactly is it that A6M3 mod-22 does better than its mod-32 counterpart...

I am no FM guy, but they used to be on the same level. Probably moved one up just to fill gap.

medal

Good to know, thanks.

I'm betting a part of the rationale was that it was equipped with 40 more shells per cannon, which is no longer the case since patch 1.29.57.0 (where the tier 8 A6M3's ammo/cannon was increased from 60 to 100). After that change the only significant difference seems to be that the mod-22 turns faster, but has a worse roll rate. Personally I'd expect it to be one of the aircraft that will get shuffled around in tier later.

medal medal

Still working on this being a bug, can't disclose more, it's not dead yet

:kamikadze:

Lol, it's good but I don't really care anymore. Since I saw the Youtube vid and your explanation to the Ki-43 2sec roll rate - Rudder and pull up - I do this on the Zero to and it's better than in arcade 1.25 ^^

medal medal medal medal medal