So, can anyone explain what happened here?

Chromodynamic

So, on an IS-2 Mod 44, I get a clean shot at the side of a Tiger II P, as you can see in the screenshots. I shoot, and... nothing happens, not replay of a bounce, no idea if I missed or anything. I'm pretty sure there's no way the bullet could have missed him there, and I even have the replay if anyone cares to look at it. Any ideas?

AyzFFfU.jpgScVXStO.jpgqV8QPpt.jpg

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

moved → Game Discussion → Machinery of War Discussion → Ground Forces Discussion

medal

Dont trust the crosshair marks from Arcade, more often than not its not pointing in the right direction, so you could have missed or hit something else.

Dont trust the crosshair marks from Arcade, more often than not its not pointing in the right direction, so you could have missed or hit something else.

Can't you see the shell there? It's flying directly at him. Anyway, just took another view at the replay. I'm pretty sure I hit him, as you can see. If I can't trust the crosshair, the sell tracer or the hit marks, what the hell can I trust? I'm pretty sure there's no way a 122mm can bounce at that angle. But even if it did, at least I should have gotten a bounce replay?

ylACPga.jpgQxoWa2K.jpgOJp5NKB.jpg

medal

ive had my shells disappear (AB ULQ) always thought it was an ulq problem (obviously its not just for ulq users), but i have no explanation.

Edited by Sovengardian
medal

its not the mode

Its because you're in an IS2

They are the derpiest tanks in the game by a long shot in terms of inconsistent guns. Every shot with an IS2 is pretty much a 50/50 coin flip that the shell will completely annihilate what you are shooting at or do nothing

there is nothing in between with an IS2

It will either kill or do a nice firework

I think it has to do with premature detonation with the shell exploding before you have actually penned the hull, you can sort of get similar results using the KV2 or the SU 152 or ISU 152, but with those the explosion is still so big that it still wrecks the tracks of the target, here the shell just explodes on the side of the tank without actually going in and because its not as insanely stuffed with explosives as the above 2 it just splashes against the armour. In the above image you can see its going into an angled side skirt of the tiger 2 just above the tracks, plenty of space there for a premature detonation.

It does make fighting IS2s fun though, I hear that coin flip every time one fires at me and pray for good luck.

Had an excellent game once in my panther F where 3 shots from the same IS2 all fell tails and exploded on my side skirt over and over. Felt very lucky that day.

then got 5 games in a row where they 1 shotted me

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

its not the mode

Its because you're in an IS2

They are the derpiest tanks in the game by a long shot in terms of inconsistent guns. Every shot with an IS2 is pretty much a 50/50 coin flip that the shell will completely annihilate what you are shooting at or do nothing

there is nothing in between with an IS2

It will either kill or do a nice firework

I think it has to do with premature detonation with the shell exploding before you have actually penned the hull, you can sort of get similar results using the KV2 or the SU 152 or ISU 152, but with those the explosion is still so big that it still wrecks the tracks of the target, here the shell just explodes on the side of the tank without actually going in and because its not as insanely stuffed with explosives as the above 2 it just splashes against the armour. In the above image you can see its going into an angled side skirt of the tiger 2 just above the tracks, plenty of space there for a premature detonation.

It does make fighting IS2s fun though, I hear that coin flip every time one fires at me and pray for good luck.

Had an excellent game once in my panther F where 3 shots from the same IS2 all fell tails and exploded on my side skirt over and over. Felt very lucky that day.

then got 5 games in a row where they 1 shotted me

Yeah, the 122mm is really troll, but I don't think that's what happened here. Just noticed the shell count on the bottom, it stays the same after I shoot, which means the server never got the shot confirmation for some reason. Not sure if this is a bug or not though, might be just a network issue (my ping is ok I think, an average of 55 ms).

medal

sounds like packet loss if you had the same number of shells. But I dont use replays a lot how good are they are tracking shell numbers? I know spectator tends to get confused in air battles about the amount of fuel so it might just be saying 20 constantly...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

This same thing happened to me last night in my IS-2.

Came around a corner in Normandy to see a JT sitting broadside to me. Aimed, fired, nothing happened. Shell count was the same, and gun was still loaded, fire again, JT explodes. 

A quick glance at the bottom of my screen showed ~2% packet loss, so I'm willing to bet this was the culprit. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal

This same thing happened to me last night in my IS-2.

Came around a corner in Normandy to see a JT sitting broadside to me. Aimed, fired, nothing happened. Shell count was the same, and gun was still loaded, fire again, JT explodes.

A quick glance at the bottom of my screen showed ~2% packet loss, so I'm willing to bet this was the culprit.

2% shouldn't be enough to cause that.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

sounds like packet loss if you had the same number of shells. But I dont use replays a lot how good are they are tracking shell numbers? I know spectator tends to get confused in air battles about the amount of fuel so it might just be saying 20 constantly...A

Actually, you just reminded me that I pack 20 shells on the IS-2 myself, and shot a minimum of 3 times before that incident. So that might not be it actually...

medal

I have this happen a lot to me, part of the reason why I stopped using tanks like the JT and the IS2 cause the reload rate is far to slow for this crap.. At least you get the shell back but really the only time I fire its always critical that it detects the hit or I usually die or miss a kill shot..

Edited by Cerberi_command
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal