ZiS-11/12 94-KM SPAAG

Retry

94-KM Gun Truck  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Should this vehicle be implemented?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If so, how should this be implemented?

• Tabbed with the original 72-K GAZ AA truck
    • Placed immediately after the 72-K GAZ AA truck
    • Placed as a premium
    • Other
    • I voted "No".
  3. 3. What priority would you give this vehicle?

• 5:This vehicle is necessary and should be added by the next patch
    • 4:This vehicle is useful but it can wait a few patches
    • 3:This vehicle is interesting but it's not necessary to put special focus into it
    • 2:Other vehicles must be added before we begin to discuss this one
    • 1:This vehicle should only be implemented if alternatives do not exist
    • 0:This vehicle should never be implemented / I voted "No".

In order to bolster soviet SPAAG defenses, some truck platforms were upgraded with an additional 25mm anti-aircraft cannon around 1944 and 1945.  Like many WWII era SPAAGs, not a whole lot of technical data exists.  However, it's basically a slightly different and heavier mount on a chassis very close to the existing GAZ truck already in-game.  Precise production numbers are difficult to find, but the following photographic evidence shows that the truck existed in fairly significant numbers.

dual.jpg

zis12.jpg

The soviet line lacks SPAAGs and options to fill them.  The 94-KM ZiS-12 and its augmented firepower would allow the Soviets to have a good SPAAG option before the ZSU-37, which I recommend placing in a tab with the current 72-K truck due to their similarities.

Edited by Retry

SAUBER_KH7 (Posted )

Your topic is Approved.
  • Upvote 13
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The ZiS-11 was a stretched ZiS-5 chassis (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZIS-5_(truck)#The_ZIS-5V).

Considering the 94-KM dual gun was just two 72-K ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/25_mm_automatic_air_defense_gun_M1940_(72-K) ) guns slapped together, I'd say double the weight and take a good 10mp/h off the truck.

• Upvote 1

a 94km AA gun, damn. Impressive xD  Anyway in all seriousness, it looks good :) I want it.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I'm pretty sure were getting this in this update did you here me saying the name of this in the stream by any chance lol because that was me lol anyway yes I really want this vehicle so +1 even tho it's

probably going to be in this update so this is going to be a fast mover in to implemented suggestions that's if it isn't delayed so hopefully we will see her in 1.57 one shell hope!  :salute:

http://live.warthunder.com/post/360207/ru/

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Yep - Sov's are weak in AA and the ZUT-37 is awful as a mid-range, so this would be a very welcome addition - and since it is on a truck it can never be accused of being OP! lol

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Here's the page on the Polish wiki about the gun, translated through Google on Chrome:

25 mm anti-aircraft cannon wz. 1944 (94-hp) ( ros 25-мм спаренная зенитная пушка образца 1944 года (94-КМ) ) - Soviet doubly engaged, towed anti-aircraft gun put to arm in1944 year.

History edit edit code ]

At the end of 1943 year, the Design Bureau of Plant No. 88 name Mitiszczi developed dwulufowe cannon 94-hp or two guns with 72-K inside a single bed. Viewfinder mechanism directional guidance, and double bottom has been adapted to the 37 mm cannon plot 61-K and the return mechanism from the sea 70-K . In 1944 the year 94-hp underwent tests on the training ground Donguskim. After refining in the same year he was admitted to the weapons as: 25-мм зенитнаяпушка обр. 1944 г. . The resulting version of the cannon mounted on truck chassis. On the chassis of cars ZIS-11 , which is a modification of the well-known car ZIS-5 was placed versions dwulufowe. Factory No. 88 made ​​in 1944, 12 guns 94-hp and a year later to 225 and stopped production. Some sources suggest that in the years 1944- 1945 created 337 pieces of such plots. Perhaps in the number of 225 guns are simply not included self-propelled cannon. In 1943 we developed version of the cannon equipped with an additional light armor to protect the crew in advance and mechanisms working against shrapnel and light missiles.

Ammunition edit edit code ]

The weapon was used ammunition marked 25x218SR developed on the basis of a Swedish 25 mm Bofors ammunition developed in 1933, but in spite of similar design, they are not interchangeable. In 1939-40 the NII-24 was developed bullet fragmentation in 1941-42 established bullet piercing and odłamkowo-incendiary with tracer, and 10 seconds samolikwidatorem. Shooting is used ammunition with projectiles odłamkowo-burzącymi and anti-vehicle, both with smugaczami. Shells odłamkowo demolition-equipped multi-purpose lighters K-20 were used to combat air targets. In case of not hitting the target within 5 seconds fuse initiated self-destroying missile. Anti-tank missiles were used to combat armored vehicles, including tanks for light. Power can be from 6 nabojowych boats, although some studies also inform about 7 nabojowych boats. The cartridges are stored in cardboard tubes placed in wooden boxes containing 50 thereof. Such transmission weighs 44 kg and has dimensions of 480 x 345 x 265 mm.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

Am I wrong in saying that this is on the 1.57 dev server? At least there was some new russian AA and it looked a bit like this.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Would be amazing to see a new for Russia, would be nice for it to be T3 to fill in that large gap. +1 from me  :good:

Should add a poll!

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Am I wrong in saying that this is on the 1.57 dev server? At least there was some new russian AA and it looked a bit like this.

Was it there?  Wasn't paying attention to the 1.56 and only two vehicles are on the new USSR vehicle list, neither of which is a SPAA.

Edited by Retry

Cool, dev-blog confirmed even.

Though it feels like I've wasted my time suggesting it now...

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Moved to Implemented suggestions as this vehicle was added in update 1.57 "Battle march".