MC.202 EC (Esperimento Cannoni) as premium Aircraft

WackyWeasel

As we all are aware, there will be an italian Tree in the Game in the near future.

To shorten the time until then, I suggest Gaijin adds the MC.202 EC as a german Tier II premium plane.

Here's a link, please help me to find more sources.

http://www.alieuomini.it/AJAX/catalogo/dettaglio2_catalogo/16/

[spoiler]202mau,5498.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler]202f,5500.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler]macchi-mc-202.jpg[/spoiler]

The MC.202 EC was a prototype variant ment to adress the issiue of the lack-luster armamment previous Folgores experianced.

Therefore two MG-151 cannons with 200 rpg were added in underwing gondolas.

Naturally, the gondolas decreased the 202's performance, possibly on a simmilar degree as with the "Rüstsätze" used by the Bf-109 F and G-models.

(I think the penalties of those gondolas could simply be applied to the 202 EC?)

This plane wouldn't take much time or effort to implement, as only the wing-model would have to be chanched due to the added MG-151 gondolas, and the FM be slightly adjusted.

It would be best placed as a Tier II with BR (3.0 - 3.3 in Realistic Battles)

It would be a very nice gesture of Gaijin towards all the fans of Italian planes and also create revenue, a win-to-win situation ;)

Please help support this idea.

Edited by WackyWeasel
  • Upvote 30
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :salute:

Also,don't forget to tag/add a prefix to your suggestion next time. If you aren't sure how to do that,be sure to checkout a simple guide Here.

I think Italian premiums should wait untill we get the italian tree :/

• Upvote 1

I love flying the MC 202 in-game, but I HATE those goddamned spaghetti shooters that it gets for its so-called "armament".  A cannon-armed MC 202 is more than a bit welcome - I might also add that this aircraft was eventually further developed into the MC.205.

Now that being said once the Italians get their tech tree, the Italians would likely need this too to bridge the gap between the MC.202s and MC.205 so...what would happen to this thing then?  I guess the German one would stay but would have a different skin to differentiate it?  I'm not sure if the Luftwaffe operated any of this particular variant of the Folgore.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I love flying the MC 202 in-game, but I HATE those goddamned spaghetti shooters that it gets for its so-called "armament".  A cannon-armed MC 202 is more than a bit welcome - I might also add that this aircraft was eventually further developed into the MC.205.

Now that being said once the Italians get their tech tree, the Italians would likely need this too to bridge the gap between the MC.202s and MC.205 so...what would happen to this thing then?  I guess the German one would stay but would have a different skin to differentiate it?  I'm not sure if the Luftwaffe operated any of this particular variant of the Folgore.

The Luftwaffe only operated "normal" MC.202s, and for some strange reason they didn't like them (they were jealous I guess..).

I really really would like to get the 202 EC as soon as possible as a german premium, and once the italian tree is out I'd keep the 202 EC in the german tree as a premium with a german camo (one that the pro-german italian side used).

My main goal is to get more italian planes into the game as quickely as possible, to get people to know more about italian designs ;)

not a fan of it and i don't think gaijin would care much either. i know ppl who would curse at this idea. german TT should get drained of foreign built or owned vehicles unless the ones they lend leased or captured. im against romanian 109 being in german tech tree and obviously against the addition of any italian plane to german tree. i would wait till 2020 for a italian TT instead of having the up-armed 202 as a german premium (like not even as a modification to the regular 202...)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

not a fan of it and i don't think gaijin would care much either. i know ppl who would curse at this idea. german TT should get drained of foreign built or owned vehicles unless the ones they lend leased or captured. im against romanian 109 being in german tech tree and obviously against the addition of any italian plane to german tree. i would wait till 2020 for a italian TT instead of having the up-armed 202 as a german premium (like not even as a modification to the regular 202...)

I understand your concerns.

What about this: Just like when the british Tanks came out, Gaijin could add an italian TT with all the planes we currently have in WT plus the 202 EC as a premium. This should be relatively simple to do, as the italians would get the same MM as the Germans ( i.e. fighting the Allies and Russians).

I just want more italian planes so badly :(

• 3 weeks later...

I like the idea of it, but I think it should go in the regular TT, being researched off of the regular MC.202. I understand the thinking of making it premium since it was a prototype, but I think this would work better in the regular tree until the Italians get their own TT.

Plus I feel the Germans should get a purchasable tier 2 premium (E-7/U2 doesn't count) that's actually German rather than yet another one made elsewhere.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Forum Moderator
Title fixed.
I just want these planes but after (or with) the italian TT release, not before

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

At this point, i'd even be happy if they added the CR 32 , and i'm not a fan of biplanes, just to see something new ingame for italy...but i do feel the EC belongs in the Italian tech tree, and not in the german one...just hope we don't have to wait another 3 years to see it.

medal medal medal medal