Focke-Wulf Ta 152 C-3

SubRyan

Lacks a 500kg bomb and a heavy fighter title aswell^^^^

)))))))) got stuff to suggest it or bug report it as missing loadout?

medal medal medal medal

Any positive first impressions? I made some, they were not good unfortunately.

Most people don't have it yet.

But from test flights, it flies pretty good. Only problem maybe a instructor bug so that the rudder moves abit xxxx. Making it iritating to aim at aircraft some times. (Ta 152H has the same issue)

But yea you flew it stock, in sicily.

Honestly, thats literailly the worst thing you can do, DB603LA is a rather hot engine, but does fine on most maps who aren't very hot.

And stock it lacks horsepower that it needs to keep it even somewhat normally in the air.

Remember its a 5 ton heavy fighter, the reason its even flying normally is because of the raw power of the DB603LA, flying it stock means that it loses quite some power.

Edited by BananaG0D
medal medal medal

But from test flights, it flies pretty good. Only problem maybe a instructor bug so that the rudder moves abit xxxx. Making it iritating to aim at aircraft some times. (Ta 152H has the same issue)

Honestly, thats literailly the worst thing you can do, DB603LA is a rather hot engine, but does fine on most maps who aren't very hot.
And stock it lacks horsepower that it needs to keep it even somewhat normally in the air.

Remember its a 5 ton heavy fighter, the reason its even flying normally is because of the raw power of the DB603LA, flying it stock means that it loses quite some power.

I tested the D-13 afterwards for comparison and i agree propably the biggest problem at the moment is the derpy mouse aim. It screwed up some dive attacks and short headon shots.
Overheating is not the biggest issue.

All in all it feels like you are in a big problem when you are not higher than your enemy, while in a D-9/D-13 it seems you have better options to defend yourself.
More modules and a better mouse aim can fix most parts hopefully.
medal medal medal

I got it almost spaded. (Half time wallet warrior half time playing till braindead :D)

Its running at 2150HP when stock. So basically at 100% setting when spaded. Its quite fast but the engine runs pretty hot after some time. 90% is the way to go and delivers enough power to get quite fast in level flight

The instructor seems to be allergic to sensitive rudder input though^^

Edited by Markus752
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I did not enjoy my experience with it. I just recently spaded it (Eagles were I invested out of frustration) and the performance still feels worse than his high altitude cousin.

The engine suffers from chronic overheating even at good speed and altitude which makes the full power of the 2250 HP engine a theoretical advantage as you either throttle down or use full cowl flaps which slows you down by about 40 kph.

The plane has trouble climbing and even trouble to reach the same speed performance at altitude the H1 has at sea level. Acceleration is poor even on a dive.

It has trouble turn fighting although the roll rate is amazing. Also has poor lateral stability like the H1.

I want to like this plane but it feels slower than the H1 at any altitude. The firepower it has means little if I can't maneuver to use it.
  • Upvote 2
medal

I did not enjoy my experience with it. I just recently spaded it (Eagles were I invested out of frustration) and the performance still feels worse than his high altitude cousin.

The engine suffers from chronic overheating even at good speed and altitude which makes the full power of the 2250 HP engine a theoretical advantage as you either throttle down or use full cowl flaps which slows you down by about 40 kph.

The plane has trouble climbing and even trouble to reach the same speed performance at altitude the H1 has at sea level. Acceleration is poor even on a dive.

It has trouble turn fighting although the roll rate is amazing. Also has poor lateral stability like the H1.

I want to like this plane but it feels slower than the H1 at any altitude. The firepower it has means little if I can't maneuver to use it.

its an heavy fighter after all what did u expect???

it can climb okish for climb open cowl flaps and wep for like 5 min bevor it gets really to warm but u already should be at 5-6km where its performance starts to shine

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

its an heavy fighter after all what did u expect???

it can climb okish for climb open cowl flaps and wep for like 5 min bevor it gets really to warm but u already should be at 5-6km where its performance starts to shine

I am really starting to enjoy the plane. I WEP climb to 5-6km like you said and throttle down to 90%. It will still accelerate quite steadily. When I get into combat I just use 100% and WEP is only used when I need to run.

So far I didn't get much kills though as I couldn't really get my guns on target. I am still getting used to the guns^^

The firepower is brutal. But just like the H1 the rudder seems to lose effectiveness at high speeds. You can feel it mostly as you dive on someone.

When you level off and cruise at 6k, what's your radiator settings?
medal

The firepower is brutal. But just like the H1 the rudder seems to lose effectiveness at high speeds. You can feel it mostly as you dive on someone.

When you level off and cruise at 6k, what's your radiator settings?

Actually I am running 100% Oil and Water radiator most of the time when not engaged. This makes sure I can use WEP or 100% for a bit longer when I have to in maneuver fights. So I am cruising at 90% with 100% radiator.

In combat I reduce it to 20-40% and with WEP I close it completly most of the time as I mainly use it for quickly accelerating and gaining distance from enemy fighters.

That's the issue. I find myself needing full radiator even at lower power settings. It's catch 22: you are slower because of poor cooling and have poor cooling because you are slow.

Has anyone noticed any impact a fully open oil radiator has on performance?
medal

That's the issue. I find myself needing full radiator even at lower power settings. It's catch 22: you are slower because of poor cooling and have poor cooling because you are slow.

Has anyone noticed any impact a fully open oil radiator has on performance?

I haven't tested the impact of the oil cooler yet, but at 90% throttle you can run 20-30% radiator without overheating. I just said I am doing it to have a cooler engine for emergency situations.

If you want you can fly at 90% power with 20% radiator

I am pretty sure 100% power with 40% radiator should work for quite some time, too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But as Banana already said this engine is running really hot under all circumstances. And it certainly does not help to get a match on Sicily!

I am pretty much fighting at 100% only. If I have to get that extra boost in the vertical I will use WEP for a few seconds.

The flaps on this plane deploy really fast. So on top of a loop you can actually do a pretty hard hammerhead or put your nose down pretty quick in general.

The mouse aim is abit annoying, screwed up a dive attack and a head on attack for me.

I literailly have no idea how the devs managed to fuck up all the mouse aim/instructor stuff with literailly every single newly added German plane this patch.

• Upvote 6
medal medal medal

I've actually noticed engine temperatures increase at constant power settings the faster you go. This is across every plane I've tested, Ta 152C, 109 G6, P-47s...the list goes on.

Something really fishy is going on with thermodynamics this patch.

medal medal medal

I've actually noticed engine temperatures increase at constant power settings the faster you go. This is across every plane I've tested, Ta 152C, 109 G6, P-47s...the list goes on.

Something really fishy is going on with thermodynamics this patch.

wouldnt be the first time gaijin lets interesting things happen with new systems wouldnt it?

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal