Bf 109 K-4

BossShifu

I hardly get sparks on the K-4, generally, all the Mk 108s. I think they perform great! Maybe you are misleading the fact you might be missing with the Mk 108s and having the 13mm machine gun hit instead. That tends to happen to me for a few time but yeah. 

If you hate the 30mm cannon, eventually they're adding the MG 151 soon. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, __SecurityMare__ said:

I hardly get sparks on the K-4, generally, all the Mk 108s. I think they perform great! Maybe you are misleading the fact you might be missing with the Mk 108s and having the 13mm machine gun hit instead. That tends to happen to me for a few time but yeah. 

I mean I am no sharpshooter but  I'm a fair shots and have seen the big cloud of smoke resulting from a spark more often then I've actually hit a plane. They get so frustrating

There's sparks all over the place for all nations. Sticking your head in the sand and pretend everything is fine doesn't help.

We get higher BR for a plane because of X gun.

The plane in questions natural enemies complain that they get killed so fast not trying to evade or flying alt path(bombers) so X gun gets nerfed. We call that nerf sparks. RNG chance of connecting, not cool. Needs to be fixed, but some people refuse to accept the fact that its been artificially adjusted to suck.

There has been created a myth that all these nerfs are simply your own fault. (Ping) when that actually accounts for maybe 10-20℅ tops of the issues. So the nerfs has become conspiracy theories.

the-true-origin-of-the-tin-foil-hat-and-why-its-the-stupidest-thing-to-wear-if-youre-paranoid-about-the-government.jpg

Edited by *Charan87
  • Upvote 2
medal

10 hours ago, *Charan87 said:

"...call that nerf sparks. RNG chance of connecting, not cool..."

"....There has been created a myth that all these nerfs are simply your own fault. (Ping) when that actually accounts for maybe 10-20℅ tops of the issues. So the nerfs has become conspiracy theories..."

After 3 years of playing, I couldn't agree more. I used to think it was all just ping, lagg and everyone else raging was just whining for attention. Then I started to play other sims, and guess what, lagg hits don't happen, when it does, it's accompanied by crazy plane motions and disconnects. 

In warthunder it's definitely cconnected to  nerfing, individual guns and maybe also connected to individual planes. From gaijins track record of stealth nerfs to balance out the statistics or prominent whiners, it's not a long stretch of the imagination, in fact, it's almost a certainty. Gaijin are well know to change plane parameters to balance planes and provide no information whatsoever about such changes. It should come as no surprise. 

The best solution is just to play other games. Il2 BoS is Great if you like sims, it's the one I play now all the time. If your after something more arcadey, then unfortunately there's no other options really. Better to just play something else and avoid the frustration, nothing will change, don't hold your breath waiting.

I only come back now and again for some jets and tanks these days, the game is just utter rot

But in terms of 109's, stick to the g14(my personal favourite) and g10. They are better at what they need to do, push enemy planes down for your team mates. The mg151 is much more consistent for fighter kills, don't listen to the pros who claim that the 30mm is magic and you just suck.

Edited by Superfly29r
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

12 hours ago, __SecurityMare__ said:

8 hours ago, Dreamtree15 said:

I heard they're adding the MG151 for it soon, so I might actually go out and spade it once that happens.

I wouldn't hold my breath. They discussed this a looong time ago and there was an arguments that the 20mm was an RL option for the K-4.

A dev even agree to add it "since you want it". But finally nothing happened. This was maybe 2+ years ago.

My personal guess is that they will not add it to keep the difference between G-10/14. I mean, who would fly those any more if the K-4 would get it's 20mm?

36 minutes ago, Superfly29r said:

But in terms of 109's, stick to the g14(my personal favourite) and g10.

Out of curiosity why do you like the G-14 better?

My understanding is the the G-10 had better performance IRL and now that they both (I think) have the "new" flight model in game this is also true for us WarThunder pilots.

(I've had the G-10 for a long time and never really flew the G-14)

medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Aldahen said:

Out of curiosity why do you like the G-14 better?

My understanding is the the G-10 had better performance IRL and now that they both (I think) have the "new" flight model in game this is also true for us WarThunder pilots.

(I've had the G-10 for a long time and never really flew the G-14)

Well I was into the g14 when it first came out, it's maneuverability was insane. It was a natural griffon killer that could match a griffons climb up to the stratosphere, especially with the g14's amazing high alt performance. It was the most amazing 109 iv ever played. Now that it's at 5.3 it doesn't face so many griffons and I'm less inclined to play it. The g10 felt quite sluggish in comparison, and for some reason, I fail utterly in the g10, like can barely get a kill. It's extra speed and poorer FM just didn't work for what I like to do with 109's, which was to  just scrap it out at  7km to be the highest and force the enemy down low.

It comes down to maneuverability. Speed is irrelevant as everything will catch a 109 anyway, just gotta out manouvre our opponents, force overshoots, and ideally stay above everyone. These things were all done better by the g14

I guess if the g10 has the newer FM things might be different, but the g14 will hold a dear place in my heart! The amount of crying griffon pilots screaming that 109 g14 is op will never get old for me!  

Edited by Superfly29r
medal medal medal medal

22 minutes ago, Superfly29r said:

Well I was into the g14 when it first came out, it's maneuverability was insane. It was a natural griffon killer that could match a griffons climb up to the stratosphere, especially with the g14's amazing high alt performance. It was the most amazing 109 iv ever played. Now that it's at 5.3 it doesn't face so many griffons and I'm less inclined to play it. The g10 felt quite sluggish in comparison, and for some reason, I fail utterly in the g10, like can barely get a kill. It's extra speed and poorer FM just didn't work for what I like to do with 109's, which was to  just scrap it out at  7km to be the highest and force the enemy down low.

It comes down to maneuverability. Speed is irrelevant as everything will catch a 109 anyway, just gotta out manouvre our opponents, force overshoots, and ideally stay above everyone. These things were all done better by the g14

I guess if the g10 has the newer FM things might be different, but the g14 will hold a dear place in my heart! The amount of crying griffon pilots screaming that 109 g14 is op will never get old for me!  

I have the G14 but it's maneuverability felt rather lacking. Is the effect of the leading edge slats not modelled ingame or something?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Aldahen said:

I wouldn't hold my breath. They discussed this a looong time ago and there was an arguments that the 20mm was an RL option for the K-4.

A dev even agree to add it "since you want it". But finally nothing happened. This was maybe 2+ years ago.

oohhh...they actually mentioned this again in the new dev A&Q from yesterday. I guess it is finally coming.

medal medal medal

13 hours ago, MH4UAstragon said:

I have the G14 but it's maneuverability felt rather lacking. Is the effect of the leading edge slats not modelled ingame or something?

It was very maneuverable compared to 5.7 aircraft. It's not manoeuvrable compared to 5.3 and below so it's playstyle has changed when they lowered the br. It was the most maneuverable 109 but that may not be accurate as they have updated some of the 109 FM. I'm havnt played them recently  

The slats may have been the difference in manoeuvrability, adding some mystical maneuverability or however gaijin interpreted it. I don't really know enough to comment on it tho 

Edited by Superfly29r
medal medal medal medal