Planned BR changes for Aircraft and Ground Vehicles (December 2016)

Smin1080p

Pilots and Tankers!

Below are the planned changes to vehicle Battle Ratings for both Aviation and Ground forces, due to take effect on the 29th December 2016.

BR.jpg

M4A3 (76) W* - This is the Japanese version of the M4A3 and has been raised in BR to match the American variant at 5.3 so both have equal BR. 

Please be sure to leave your thoughts and feedback below!

The War Thunder Team

• Upvote 31

7 minutes ago, Milk_Me_Mother said:

I can't believe you actually raised the M4A3 (76) W to 5.3. Do American tanks not suffer enough?

Its not the American M4A3 (76), its the Japanese JSDF M4A3 (76)to match the US one (Japanese one was previously lower than the US version of the same tank).

The American M4A3 76 is already at 5.3 and has not been changed.

• Upvote 24

all those 7.0 8.0 9.0 only things, and vamp suddenly goes 7.3?
Why not just 7.0, its worse than P80 and F84 anyways, and these arleady are 7.0

Where is P51D30 uptier?

• Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal

A6M5 Ko - 5.0 to 4.7? Holy cow, hell yeah Gaijin! And I thought it was already OP at 5.0. :D:D:D It's time to play it and farm some SL. :D:D:D

Edited by biboloxo
  • Upvote 8
medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

Its not the American M4A3 76, its the Japanese JSDF M4A3 to match the US one (Japanese one was previously lower than the US version of the same tank).

but contrary to the american M4A3 the japanese can`t mount the additional armor upgrade so it will be worse than the american at the same BR.

• Upvote 8
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, Vladokapuh said:

Where is P51D30 uptier?

The Vampire is doing better statistically and economically than most of the 8.0 jets and 7.0 jets. So 7.3 is more than fair and was actually the suggested change based on community feedback last time. Your opinion on whats best may vary, however its performance is not the only factor. 

• Upvote 15

Good changes! Vampire to be moved to 7.3 made me extremely happy :) 

Could you please also think about the F-80? Currently, it's suffering at 8.0 

It doesn't perform very well against top tier jets (MiG-17, MiG-15bis, CL-13 etc...)

My suggestion: 7.7 BR (not 7.0!)

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Smin1080p said:

The Vampire is doing better statistically and economically than most of the 8.0 jets and 7.0 jets. So 7.3 is more than fair and was actually the suggested change based on community feedback last time. Your opinion on whats best may vary, however its performance is not the only factor. 

it should be though.

• Upvote 2

The changes are really good! I think that there are still some aircraft that can be uptiered that haven't been mentioned at all, such as the Ki-44-II series, and P-51D series, especially the D-30. Aircraft such as late Ki-84s, and late Ki-61s could do with decreases in BRs as well.

Also, the P-47Ds should be at the same BR, considering their only difference is some rockets. I disagree with the Yak-3P BR increase, I'd rather the Yak-3 vanilla went up instead. 

Edited by blakeob
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, Ori93 said:

but contrary to the american M4A3 the japanese can`t mount the additional armor upgrade so it will be worse than the american at the same BR.

The add on Armour is an optional upgrade and one of the last ones available to unlock at that. 17mms of minor Armour add on difference does not really warrant a 0.3 BR difference when the tank is performing every bit as well as its American counterpart. 

4 minutes ago, Fallenkezef said:

Hmm Sherman II 3.7, it's start.

Remove the unhistorical APCR and put it at 3.3 like the American M4A1

If its unhistorical, then please submit a bug report with the evidence so it can be corrected. 

• Upvote 10

26 minutes ago, Vladokapuh said:

Where is P51D30 uptier?

7.3 is still better than 8.0 for the Vampire 

Edited by EpicBlitzkrieg87
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Vladokapuh said:

it should be though.

Not according to how well its doing on multiple levels. Performance alone has never been the only factor for BRs.

As I said, not to mention 7.3 was the average BR suggested by the community last BR update for the Vampire. 

• Upvote 9

7 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

The add on Armour is an optional upgrade and one of the last ones available to unlock at that. 17mms of minor Armour add on difference does not really warrant a 0.3 BR difference when the tank is performing every bit as well as its American counterpart. 

If its unhistorical, then please submit a bug report with the evidence so it can be corrected. 

Hard to prove a negative, there are no records of British using APCR in 75mm guns because, well we didn't use them. How am I supposed to provide evidence of something that never existed? All I can do is dig up ammunition issues of regular ammo.

Only APCR in British service was an experimental 6pdr round that then led to APDS. edit: We did have APCR for the 37mm ans 2pdr Littlejohn adaptor.

Edited by Fallenkezef

KnightoftheAbyss (Posted )

This kind of report has been done in the past by others. Provide a Maintenance or Crew manual that details the load out for the vehicle. That should be sufficient. Cheers
  • Upvote 8
medal medal

The Sturer Emil at 5.7 ?? I have a bad feeling about this...

• Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, Fallenkezef said:

Hard to prove a negative, there are no records of British using APCR in 75mm guns because, well we didn't use them. How am I supposed to provide evidence of something that never existed? All I can do is dig up ammunition issues of regular ammo.

Only APCR in British service was an experimental 6pdr round that then led to APDS.

If only spesific ammunition types would have been used, there would be records or stock calculations for evidence of that. Orders restricting ammunition types etc.

However considering the gun was capable of firing it, much like its American counterpart, its hardly unhistorical.

6 minutes ago, Bavarian_ said:

I have a bad feeling about this...

Image result for i find your lack of faith disturbing meme

• Upvote 35

Can you copy paste the changes of AB to RB section for the T32?

Please there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for T32 to stay at 7.3 in RB.

Edited by JohnGR
  • Upvote 11
medal medal medal medal

I think the AB rate change for Reppu is fair ONLY if you rework sligthly the flight model... in his biography Saburo Sakai describes Reppu as nearly as manoeuvrable as Zero figther.

I understand it cannot be really as manoeuvrable as Zero because of higher mass (and so inertia) but a little improvement is needed for sure in game.

Another way to balance a BR increase without FM rework would be a slight decrease of repair cost (10%?)

About B34: I was expecting an increase, but I would have started with a 0.3 just to see how it goes.

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

Not according to how well its doing on multiple levels. Performance alone has never been the only factor for BRs.

As I said, not to mention 7.3 was the average BR suggested by the community last BR update for the Vampire. 

Only because people are afraid of whole 1.0 BR change.
P80 and F84 are still alot better jets, Vamp can only turn better, and thats it. That is also why its statistics are good, people dont know how to play the damn game.

But whatever, this is a step in right direction anyways.

Now again, wheres that D30 uptier. It has to be done, its 5.7 plane at 4.7

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

If only spesific ammunition types would have been used, there would be records or stock calculations for evidence of that. Orders restricting ammunition types etc.

However considering the gun was capable of firing it, much like its American counterpart, its hardly unhistorical.

Image result for i find your lack of faith disturbing meme

Could I ask then, why doesn't the US tree M4A1 have APCR?

• Upvote 8
medal medal