SdKfz 250/11

Tigrillo

Do you want this halftrack in the game?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want this halftrack in the game?

• Yes!
    • Nope!
  2. 2. In the regular tree or as a premium?

• Regular
    • Premium
    • Event
    • I already said no!

Hello everyone :)

I recently found out about this halftrack, and i thought to make a suggestion for it to be in the game, since we already have many halftracks in the trees.

The SdKfz 250/11

Risultati immagini per Sd.Kfz.250/11

This is a tank destroyer version of the mass produced SdKfz 250 armored personnel carrier, made by Hanomag, and very similar to the larger and more famous 251.

It was equipped with the sPzB-41, with 168 rounds in store, and a MG 34 or 42 in the back. The gun itself is a high velocity 28mm cannon, with a muzzle velocity for the apbc shells of 1400 m/s (4500 f/s) at the muzzle, and capable of penetrate roughly 75mm @90' at 100m (328,084 f).

In the game it would be a nice addition in the tank destroyers line, before the Panzerjäger I :)

Pictures and Photos

Spoiler

Sd.Kfz.250/11

Risultati immagini per sdkfz 250/11

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-732-0111-15A,_Russland,_Schützenpanzer_»Div._Großdeutschland«

Risultati immagini per sdkfz 250/11

the sPzB gun

220px-The_British_Army_in_Sicily_1943_NA

2.8 cm sPzB 41 Canadian War Museum Ottawa 2013 3.jpg

The 28mm shells:

28mm%20squeeze-1.jpg

28mm%20squeeze-2.jpg

Datas

Dimensions: L x W x H  4.56 x 1.95 x 2.13 (all in meters) (Height with the gun installed)

Total weight: 5530 kg

Crew: 2+4 (driver, co-driver and 4 passengers)

Propulsion: Maybach 6-cyl. water-cooled HL42 TRKM petrol, 99 hp (74 kW)

Top speed: 65 km/h (~40 mph)

Armor: 10 mm @30° at the front, 14.5 mm @12° in the upper front (pilot hatch area), everywhere else 8mm

Gun protection: 2x 5mm spaced plates

Gun Performances

Max Range: 1000 meters (3280 feet)

Rate of fire: 30 rpm with an experienced crew

Min/Max Elevation: -5°/+45°

Armour penetration table
APCNR-T projectile 2.8 cm Pzgr.41
Distance, m Meet angle 60°, mm Meet angle 90°, mm
100 52[3] – 69[8] 75[4]
300 46[3]  
400   40[4]
500 40[3] – 52[8]  

The blueprints of the normal SdKfz 250:

Risultati immagini per sdkfz 250 blueprints

So, what are your thoughts on this? Vote and then leave a comment ^^

Sources:

Wikipedia

Tanks Encyclopedia http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi_germany/Sdkfz-250.php

http://fritzwaffen.blogspot.it/2010/05/28-cm-spzb-41-gyartas-es-onjaro.html

Sdkfz 250/1 to 250/12 Armoured Halftrack by Terry J. Gander

Encyclopedia of German tanks of World War Two by Peter Chamberlain and Hilary Doyle

Edited by Tigrillo
prefix
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 41
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Cool vehicles,I want to see more halftracks in the game!

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

We need half-tracks and wheeled vehicles in game. +1

medal medal medal medal

Unless other nations get their halftracks if there are that could be added or more halftracks are added, I will vote no until that time arrives. Do not get me wrong, this is indeed a nice vehicle, just like any other halftracks modified to fit weaponry on them. Or an even better idea, this could be a reserve for TD line if that thought was considered for future plans. 

Note: Could you please add "I voted no earlier" or something like that in second poll question? Thanks.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, Leutnant_Erica said:

Unless other nations get their halftracks if there are that could be added or more halftracks are added, I will vote no until that time arrives. Do not get me wrong, this is indeed a nice vehicle, just like any other halftracks modified to fit weaponry on them. Or an even better idea, this could be a reserve for TD line if that thought was considered for future plans. 

Note: Could you please add "I voted no earlier" or something like that in second poll question? Thanks.

I know how you feel, i'm waiting too for the armored cars and halftracks to be added in the game :/ but right now at least we have some in the usa, ger and ru tech trees :)

I'll add the option in a moment

Done

• Upvote 1

i support

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Yeah this will be a nice addition when amores cars are implemented +1

medal medal medal medal

I'm all for it. Options are nice, and since it was fitted with several guns over its lifetime, I think it could probably fit into a lower rank on the regular German tech. tree. You could even put the Sd.Kfz. 250/10 in just before it. 

Spoiler

Sd.Kfz. 250/10:

SdKfz-250-10.png

Sd.Kfz. 250/11:

SdKfz-250-11-schwPanzerb%C3%BCchse41.png

Both of these were tank-hunters, with the '10 model armed with the standard 3.7cm PaK-36 AT gun, or "door-knocker". Just don't put it up against T-34s!

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, aWildBarbas said:

I'm all for it. Options are nice, and since it was fitted with several guns over its lifetime, I think it could probably fit into a lower rank on the regular German tech. tree. You could even put the Sd.Kfz. 250/10 in just before it. 

Reveal hidden contents

Sd.Kfz. 250/10:

SdKfz-250-10.png

Sd.Kfz. 250/11:

SdKfz-250-11-schwPanzerb%C3%BCchse41.png

Both of these were tank-hunters, with the '10 model armed with the standard 3.7cm PaK-36 AT gun, or "door-knocker". Just don't put it up against T-34s!

exactly :)

YEESSS.

it ,also, will be a fantastic troll veichle for tier 1, it haven't filler in the shells but, the 1400 m/s speed at the muzzle (WTF man), will make it a perfect long range combat veichle. nice speed and a good flat trajectory will make it for combat up to 1km with extreme precision (also the penetration over 500m is enough to fight tier 1 veichles)

Edited by Technickman81
medal medal medal medal

I support this because I would like to play with all AT and AA sdkfz 250 and sdkfz 251 :)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

So it's basically a halftrack with a squeeze bore light AT gun firing tungsten shells?  I suppose this could work, though it'd probably be better as a premium than a regular vehicle, largely due to the unusual nature of the gun.

I should also add that said gun, in spite of its high muzzle velocity and excellent penetration for a weapon of its caliber, DOES have some flaws:

• The gun still has a relatively short effective range compared to larger-caliber AT guns.
  • As the AP shells are basically just solid tungsten, they're unlikely to do a whole lot of damage or be a one-shot kill without blowing up the ammo racks of the target (something that British tankers are all too familiar with, as is anybody else who's tried to kill an enemy tank with a small-caliber APCR shell).  Coincidentally, it was the shortage of tungsten to MAKE the AP shell for this gun that led to production ceasing in 1943.
  • Its only other shell is a fragmentation shell, which would only be useful against soft or unarmored targets at best.
Edited by Z3r0_
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

28 minutes ago, Z3r0_ said:

So it's basically a halftrack with a squeeze bore light AT gun firing tungsten shells?  I suppose this could work, though it'd probably be better as a premium than a regular vehicle, largely due to the unusual nature of the gun.

I should also add that said gun, in spite of its high muzzle velocity and excellent penetration for a weapon of its caliber, DOES have some flaws:

• The gun still has a relatively short effective range compared to larger-caliber AT guns.
  • As the AP shells are basically just solid tungsten, they're unlikely to do a whole lot of damage or be a one-shot kill without blowing up the ammo racks of the target (something that British tankers are all too familiar with, as is anybody else who's tried to kill an enemy tank with a small-caliber APCR shell).  Coincidentally, it was the shortage of tungsten to MAKE the AP shell for this gun that led to production ceasing in 1943.
  • Its only other shell is a fragmentation shell, which would only be useful against soft or unarmored targets at best.

yeah it has some flaws, but still it would be nice to have it in game :) 

i'd personally love to see a "tier 0" with tanks armed with, let's say, the solothurn s100 or the boys .55 ^^

Edited by Tigrillo