Currently in game the Chieftain has the mount on it's hatch for an mg but it doesn't have the mg, I'm suggesting that it be added, https://www.scribd.com/mobile/document/121248794/Chieftain-Tank-Pamphlet-No-33-Armament if you read this there is a chapter on the commanders 7.62 mg, currently the Chieftain has only co axial machine guns and they haven't got a very high arc of fire but I think the commanders roof mg would be a much needed addition as it's higher arc would allow the Chieftain to engage aircraft sooner, given the Chieftains slower speed it currently is a prime target for aircraft, by the time aircraft get low enough for the Chieftains co axial machine gun to be able to hit them they are all ready dropping their bombs or are within rocket firing distance, with the 7.62mm mg added on the roof it would have the ability to defend itself with the much higher arc being able to hit aircraft earlier in their attack run, the mg that was mounted was an L37 7.62 x 51mm general purpose machine gun a version of the FN MAG used by the British for mounting on armoured fighting vehicles roofs, their is information here than can be ordered http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C2459797 and the first link I provided goes into detail on the commanders mounting of this mg, I can't find any pictures of the L37 up close but I have added a picture of the base weapon itself 

Chieftain_Tank_(9628802829).jpg

GudaU9N.png

main-qimg-93b74ce940c5b0f7b2d44ec569f62dba-c.jpg

gpmg02.jpg

• Upvote 16
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

This would be hilariously useless against T5 aircraft, only modestly useful against really bad aircraft players in RB GF, or gathering an easy kill from a lawn-darter in AB GF.

Which there are plenty of.  So +1 from me.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

41 minutes ago, *Baconator100012 said:

Shouldn't this be a bug report?

Nah, they tend not to like bug reports for any armament that the vehicle could possibly have gone into battle without.  It fits best as a suggestion, if a small one.

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal

I think rather than an option to add the gun on the Chieftain we should have all tanks that come with the MG should be re-searchable or it come with the gun already on but we have an option to take guns off to help hide us as some guns can ruin a tanks profile (Looking at the Japanse MBTs, their guns make them easy to spot)

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I agree with BucketOfKnobs...

With ATGMs flying everywhere at top tier tank battle, not sure i want something sticking out the top of my tank that is mostly useless and will expose my position... If it's removable in the game, then it's a yes. Otherwise, no.

medal medal medal medal medal

30 minutes ago, kx99ex said:

I agree with BucketOfKnobs...

With ATGMs flying everywhere at top tier tank battle, not sure i want something sticking out the top of my tank that is mostly useless and will expose my position... If it's removable in the game, then it's a yes. Otherwise, no.

You can have a chance at taking out su 6s or il10s with it, most of the other nations tanks have high mounted mg's, if you look at the photos it doesn't stick up that high, it's no higher than the light on the hatch which is modelled in game, so if they can see the mg they would have already saw the spotlight anyway, it's a very low profile mg when you compare it to how highly mounted some of the US .50s are and the Russian Dshk 

Edited by *gaelan
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, *gaelan said:

You can have a chance at taking out su 6s or il10s with it, most of the other nations tanks have high mounted mg's, if you look at the photos it doesn't stick up that high, it's no higher than the light on the hatch which is modelled in game, so if they can see the mg they would have already saw the spotlight anyway, it's a very low profile mg when you compare it to how highly mounted some of the US .50s are and the Russian Dshk 

While the Chief's roof MG is low profile that was beside my point (also a MG is more distinct and easy to notice than a small circle search light). Having the option for all tanks to remove or research a roof mounted MG would be useful to keep lower profile for tanks. Trading air defense for a lower profile seems like a good idea to me as for some tanks I would take the roof MG regardless.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, BucketOfKnobs said:

While the Chief's roof MG is low profile that was beside my point (also a MG is more distinct and easy to notice than a small circle search light). Having the option for all tanks to remove or research a roof mounted MG would be useful to keep lower profile for tanks. Trading air defense for a lower profile seems like a good idea to me as for some tanks I would take the roof MG regardless.

The mg isn't that big itself it's a 7.62 so it's not going to be a give away like the .50 mounted on a tall stalk mount, I'd take the mg on everything honestly, has anyone made suggestions for removable roof mg's or researchable mg's?

3 hours ago, *gaelan said:

The mg isn't that big itself it's a 7.62 so it's not going to be a give away like the .50 mounted on a tall stalk mount, I'd take the mg on everything honestly, has anyone made suggestions for removable roof mg's or researchable mg's?

I don't think so actually, I may check and then do it myself.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BucketOfKnobs said:

I don't think so actually, I may check and then do it myself.

There have been a few such suggestions, but they are rather vehicle specific. Like this one for an engine deck mounted mg for the Jagdtiger

medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Mercedes4321 said:

There have been a few such suggestions, but they are rather vehicle specific. Like this one for an engine deck mounted mg for the Jagdtiger

Reveal hidden contents

I am aware of that one but I am talking about all tanks that used an MG and I think that suggestion is a permanent MG

EDIT: Maybe someone else should suggest that, I am not good at typing massive paragraphs without repeating myself and getting lost.

Edited by BucketOfKnobs

17 hours ago, Mercedes4321 said:

Hide contents

That's cool never knew about that, although it's a stretch given how far it is from the crew, would be interesting with an mg crew member outside 

Putting a MG on top of the engine deck is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. If it was the 50cal then it wouldn't be too bad since it won't fall through the grill. Though the MG42 is a much smaller caliber and it can get into places you don't want it to be in. If it doesn't burn your wires or make a linkage stuck, it will be a PITA for the Mechanics to get their hands in their and work on the motor while cleaning all the leftover shells lol.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like they are fixing the mar 5 first and then will potentially copy the changes across to the others.

• Upvote 1
medal