Vickers MBT series

CaID

Vickers MBT series  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Vicker MBT Mk.1 be added to the game?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should the Vicker MBT Mk.3 be added to the game?

• Yes
    • no
  3. 3. Should the vijayanta be added to the game?

• Yes
    • Yes, as prenium/ gift
    • No
  4. 4. Should the Catapult SPA be added to the game?

• Yes, as prenium
    • no
  5. 5. Should the Vickers MBT Mk.2 be added to the game?

• Yes
    • Yes, as prenium/gift
    • No

117388683d430d89df0c57c1fca79e89.jpg

i would like to introduce you the Vickers MTB series. an exported tank built by the united kingdom between 1963 and 1994.
vickers-mbt.jpg?w=656

THe development of the Vickers MBT started in the late 50s. the tank was ment to by exported and and for an agreement with India for developing their military industry. the tank would need to be cheaper than the centrurion but as well equipped. With armor twice that of the light tank design, it would still be 12 tonnes lighter than Centurion and hence more mobile. The design would use the new engine and transmission of the Chieftain tank then being developed. The turret was of the same design that of the Centurion, but smaller, with a commander cupola with eight bullet-proof glass vision blocks to the right, and a simple two-piece hatch for the gunner to the left.

122591d1265102628-blueprint-tanque-vicke

There was many varriant of the tank which some was widely built.

the Vickers MBT Mk.I

Spoiler

The Vickers MBT Mk 1 was designed to be a simple, low-cost, but effective tank. The Vickers MBT Mk.I was made of welded rolled homogeneous armour plates. It weighed 38,600 kg, carried a 105mm gun with 44 rounds and had a top speed of 48 km/h. 70 of those tank was sold to Kuweit in 1970–1972. at the difference over the Indian Vijayanta. the Vicker Mk.1 was armed with the L7A1 gun.
UNeLd7w.jpg417055.jpg

417051.jpg

Recently added in game

The Vickers MBT Mk.II

Spoiler

a varriation of the vickers MBT that was studied. the tanks had a major upgrade which was the 4 swingfire Missile attache on the turret giving the Vicker MBT Mk.II a lot a extra fire power. Other changes included a new turret design and tracks that could sustain running at 56 kilometres per hour (35 mph). a single prototype was built and never saw mass production.

i2212190580.jpg

The Vickers MBT Mk. III

Spoiler

the Vickers MBT Mk 3 was completed in 1975 and the tank was designed to meet the same requirements as the Mk 1 while offering better performance. Improvements over the Mk 1 include a new turret, offering better protection. , a new diesel engine Detroit Diesel 12V-71T and a more modern fire control system EFCS 600 from Marconi with a Pilkington PE Condor commander's day/night sight, NANOQUEST L23 gunner's sight and Simrad LV352 laser rangefinder. THe production started in 1978 and 212 tanks was sold to kenya and Nigeria where they are still in use.
vickers_mk3.jpg

The Vijayanta

Spoiler

An Indian modified Vicker MBT Mk.I. it was by far the most widely produced of the Vicker MBT series. the Vijayanta was built the same way, of welded rolled homogeneous armour plates. The vijayanta came into service too late for the 1965 war and the lessons of the conflict could not have been applied. However in constant exercises it proved up to the expectations of the general staff in terms of speed and mobility, and the same gunnery standards were achieved due to the experience gained on the Centurion. However their first battle test occurred in the war of 1971, also called the Bangladesh Liberation War, over the issue of Kashmir. 2200 Vijayanta tank were built between 1965 and 1986 and serviced in the Indian army until 2008.
vijayanta_tank-IndianArmy.jpg

Catapult SPA

Spoiler

it was an Russian M-46 130mm field gun mounted on the Indian Vijayanta hull. the SPAG was built in 1987 and between 100 and 170 tanks was built.

0275.jpgM-46_Lutsk.jpg

the specification

Manufacturer Vickers-Armstrongs
Produced 1963 (Vickers Mk.I prototype)
1965-1986 (Vijayanta production)
No. built 2500
Specifications
Weight 39,000 kg (43 short tons)
Length 9.788 m (32.11 ft)
Width 3.168 m (10.39 ft)
Height 2.711 m (8.89 ft)
Crew 4

Armour 80 mm (3.1 in) steel (hull and turret front)
Main
armament
1 x 105 mm L7A2
(44 rounds)
Secondary
armament
1 x 12.7 mm MG (ranging gun)
(1000 rounds)
1 x 12.7 mm MG (pintle mount)
(2000 rounds)
1 x 7.62 mm MG(Co-Ax)
(500 rounds)
Gun Elevation

Mk,I & Vijayanta = -7/ 20

Mk.III = -10 / 20

Engine Leyland L60 Diesel
535 bhp (399 kW)
Transmission David Brown Ltd. (formerly Self-Changing Gears Ltd.) TN12 semi-automatic gearbox
Suspension Torsion bar
Operational
range
530 km (330 mi)
Speed 50 km/h (31 mph)

Source
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vijayanta

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vickers_MBT

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/coldwar/India/Vijayanta.php

http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product3506.html

https://21stcenturyasianarmsrace.com/2015/04/08/the-evolution-of-modern-indian-tanks/

https://www.tanks.net/early-cold-war-tanks/vijayanta-main-battle-tank.html

http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=208

Link to other British Cruiser tank

Hide contents

Edited by CaID
Prefix
  • Upvote 22
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Ah yeas, the early Vickers MBTs. I fully support them, though you should also include the Mk 2 with Swingfire ATGM launchers on the sides of the turret

i2212190580.jpg

Edited by Mercedes4321
medal medal medal medal

• Technical Moderator

The UK never used them. I want them in a Commonwealth tree instead.

• Upvote 3

+1 For the Vickers MBT Mk.I, The Vickers MBT Mk. III, The Vijayanta,

-1 Catapult SPA NO Artys in WT pls

Edited by dotEXCEL
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, dotEXCEL said:

+1 For the Vickers MBT Mk.I, The Vickers MBT Mk. III, The Vijayanta,

-1 Catapult SPA NO Artys in WT pls

How about the Mk 2?

medal medal medal medal

• Technical Moderator
43 minutes ago, Time4Tea said:

The UK tree should be the commonwealth tree IMO.

It would become too full.

mUFpUUG.jpg

Edited by blockhaj
  • Upvote 2

i support the Vickers Mk.I and Mk.III for inclusion in the british tech tree. i support the Vijayanta for inclusion as a british premium (as that's currently the modus operandi for commonwealth tanks).

i don't support the Catapult SPA though. the Vijayanta is just a vickers MBT mk.I with native modifications, the Catapult is essentially an Indian TD with a soviet gun. fitting for an international tree, but not for a commonwealth premium.

58 minutes ago, blockhaj said:

mUFpUUG.jpg

and that's a bad thing because...? a long grind with a ton of vehicles feels much less like a brutally long grind as the rewards come much more often.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, blockhaj said:

mUFpUUG.jpg

i think you over evaluate the vickers MBT series. it has speed, weapon but not very armored. it cannot take much hit. i should go up to BR 7.0 at best

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, CaID said:

i think you over evaluate the vickers MBT series. it has speed, weapon but not very armored. it cannot take much hit. i should go up to BR 7.0 at best

what is leopard 1

medal

• Technical Moderator
3 hours ago, admiral_aruon said:

i support the Vickers Mk.I and Mk.III for inclusion in the british tech tree. i support the Vijayanta for inclusion as a british premium (as that's currently the modus operandi for commonwealth tanks).

i don't support the Catapult SPA though. the Vijayanta is just a vickers MBT mk.I with native modifications, the Catapult is essentially an Indian TD with a soviet gun. fitting for an international tree, but not for a commonwealth premium.

and that's a bad thing because...? a long grind with a ton of vehicles feels much less like a brutally long grind as the rewards come much more often.

No the tree would be too full and all the fun vehicles would become prem or event vehicles.

2 minutes ago, blockhaj said:

No the tree would be too full and all the fun vehicles would become prem or event vehicles.

Define fun vehicles. Do you mean super niche vehicles?

medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, Mercedes4321 said:

Ah yeas, the early Vickers MBTs. I fully support them, though you should also include the Mk 2 with Swingfire ATGM launchers on the sides of the turret

i2212190580.jpg

the Mk.2 is now added in the post,

• Upvote 1

• Technical Moderator
5 minutes ago, Mercedes4321 said:

Define fun vehicles. Do you mean super niche vehicles?

For ex the Ram 3.7 AA AT. Gaijin would easily make it a prem.

1 minute ago, blockhaj said:

Considering how Gaijin is currently going around giving each nation a heavy AA gun vehicle in the main tree, I find that unlikely.

medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, blockhaj said:

we need to offer a few prenium for Gaijin. the game is free. Gaijin make his money by premium upgrade, golden eagle to buy and tank on sale. in all those case, you can menage to not to pay with warbond and thundershow. for a pay to win game, Warthunder is giving a lot of chance to be totally free. i often put my suggestion adding a variation with the choice to have a vehicles as prenium just in case if Gaijin would actually add it someday.

2 minutes ago, Mercedes4321 said:

Considering how Gaijin is currently going around giving each nation a heavy AA gun vehicle in the main tree, I find that unlikely.

the Canadian Shrink is currently likely to be added soon. as US prenium.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, blockhaj said:

You're forgetting that Gaijin wouldn't add *everything* from that spreadsheet for the main tree. Things like the Schofield tank wouldn't need to be added since the tree already has two reserves. Vehicles like the Skink variants and Ram early/lates can be nested together to reduce the grind needed to progress through the tech tree.

Edited by Time4Tea
medal medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, CaID said:

Yeah, seems Gaijin didn't listen to the negative feedback when they added the Ram to the US tree as a premium.

medal medal medal medal

10 minutes ago, CaID said:

A decision which I think is very stupid and I hope they don't do 

medal medal medal medal

54 minutes ago, Time4Tea said:

Yeah, seems Gaijin didn't listen to the negative feedback when they added the Ram to the US tree as a premium.

53 minutes ago, Mercedes4321 said:

A decision which I think is very stupid and I hope they don't do 

hey i love the Ram II. it kicks *** at its BR (which prior to the M8 was not very friendly to the US) with the ABCBC shell. it's like the panzer 3 of shermans.

there's plenty of reasons why a canadian tank would appear in the US lineup. that canada is a commonwealth nation doesn't mean all its equipment drink tea and have dental issues.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, admiral_aruon said:

hey i love the Ram II. it kicks *** at its BR (which prior to the M8 was not very friendly to the US) with the ABCBC shell. it's like the panzer 3 of shermans.

there's plenty of reasons why a canadian tank would appear in the US lineup. that canada is a commonwealth nation doesn't mean all its equipment drink tea and have dental issues.

Can I get a list of these reasons, because I ain't seeing them.

medal medal medal medal