Sd.kfz 251/22 ausf.D 

Service History:

The “Pakwagen” was one of the best AT support vehicles, fitted with a high velocity PaK 40 L46 or L48. The Sd.kfz 251/22 ausf.D were heavily used as the operations turned into defensive actions, from Italy to Normandy and the Eastern front. Due to the range of the gun allowed the vehicle to be relatively safe from well camouflaged, pre-arranged positions. The chassis was never designed to cope with the extra weight nor the blast shock and recoil, this triggered many mechanical breakdowns and excessive structural fatigue. In December 1944, Hitler gave this version top priority. The mount comprised two H shaped beams welded to the floor, on the middle of the rear compartment. The shield was modified with trimmed angles, and the platform was made of flat triangular plates holding in place the original gun cradle. The driver sat on the left, aiming with the standard PaK 40 optics. Traverse was 18 and 19° and elevation ranged from -3 to +22°. 22 rounds (HE and AP) were stored. Usually the crews carried extra rounds in loose containers, stored wherever possible. Production figures are elusive, perhaps 1200 vehicles using Ausf.D bodies.

(http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi_germany/SdKfz-251_Hanomag.php)

SdKfz 251/22(7.5cm PaK40)Mittlere Schutzenpanzerwagen
Specifications: 
Ammo 75 mm 22 rounds 
Armament 75 mm Pak 40 L/46 
Armor 6/15 mm 
Crew 4 
Engine Maybach HL42TUKRM/6 cylinder /100hp 
Fuel Capacity 160 litres 
Height 1.75 m 
Length 5.98 m 
Range Road 300 km
Cross Country 150 km 
Speed Road 50 km/h
Cross Country 10 km/h 
Weight 8,000 kg 
Width 2.10 m

Reference (https://forum.axishistory.com//viewtopic.php?t=153725)

sdkfz251bwweb.jpg

Source of information from:http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi_germany/SdKfz-251_Hanomag.php

Edited by SAUBER_KH7
Prefix.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 69
medal

4 minutes ago, SAUBER_KH7 said:

Open for Discussion.:salute:

whattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt :crying:

• Confused 2
medal

1 minute ago, Hannibal_Barcia said:

whattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt :crying:

ughhhhh, your welcome?:dntknw:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, SAUBER_KH7 said:

ughhhhh, your welcome?:dntknw:

cheers thank you. Im Joking :DD

Edited by Hannibal_Barcia
  • Haha 1
medal

Just now, Hannibal_Barcia said:

cheers thank you. Im Joking :DD

Oh okay. You had me there for a moment.:D:008:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

More Half-Tracks!!!! Yes from me +1

medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, BLUEBLACK_EQUAI said:

More Half-Tracks!!!! Yes from me +1

look at my profile at one of my blocked posts im going try and get them all hahahhahahahahaha. be ready to thank me i hope :(

Edited by Hannibal_Barcia
  • Like 2
medal

Well yes. There has been many suggestions for this. Many people have waited for this half track for a long time. This should be the first Hanomag 251 in regular tree to be added regardless of BR. The best Hanomag for War Thunder, i think.   If they make this a premium it will be the worst thing they have done since the Brummbär plot.

After this they should expand the Hanomag line with the 251 Drilling (AA), the 251 - 75 mm short barrel one and the Sdkfz 251/23 with the Aufklärungspanzer´s turret. Then the rest that fit the game.

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/191464-sd-kfz25122-75-mm-pak-40-as-light-spg/

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/248876-halftracks33-ptii-german-halftracks/

The German half tracks would be the best thing Gaijin could pull out besides armored cars.

• Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Yes, yesyesyesyesyesyesyes! I'd play this vehicle forever. +1

War thunder will never be a complete WW2 themed game without a iconic German armoured halftrack and what better variant to add than this one. The US and USSR have something alike already.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

that vehicles was already suggested but long ago, when the suggestion didn't needed so much specification.

the old one was one of the lazy suggestion that people just propose a name with a few picture and that it's. the new one is way more complete and should become the main suggestion.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...