Add an option selecting No. of bombs released

This is essentially to save our space bars. I know that there has been the addition of the "drop bomb series" button but I am unaware of any intention to add a feature where one could select the exact amount of bombs that would be dropped. In arcade, this isn't an issue, as you get new bombs every half a minute, but in realistic, thanks to the 10 minute return trip and the base bombing chart topic, bombing has become very precise, and there is a great need to ensure that all of our bombs reach our target. This would be a way to enhance it.

When you have to spam your space bar, and keep an eye on how many bombs you have, it can be very difficult to ensure that all of your designated bombs reach their target (stock Stirling am I right), so to aid this I propose that there should be a way to select how many bombs you want dropped, say selecting three of your 9 MC.1000 1000lbs bombs on your halifax, or 19 of your 27 250lbs bombs on your Stirling, or perhaps a combination - 6 500lbs and a 1000lbs for example.

I do not have a definitive answer of how to implement it, but in my opinion, the best way to go about it, is to replace the "Drop Bomb Series" button. Holding the button would then bring up a small menu, around the size of the Steam notifications you get when a friend is online. It would show a couple of options - dropping the full load, dropping all of a single bomb type (if the plane carries multiple types of bombs) and up to three possible custom loads which would have been pre-selected by the player. Pressing the button once would drop the selected load - if none is selected, the entire load will drop (default), and if a certain load has just been dropped using the binding, nothing will happen - perhaps a warning at the bottom of the screen will appear notifying the player, or it will bring up the bomb selection tab.

Edited by Not_A_COD_God
edited title for clarity.
  • Upvote 10

Open for Discussion.:salute:

I edited the topic title to be more clear.

Edited by SAUBER_KH7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Technical Moderator

Seems like a pretty good idea to me, +1.

14 minutes ago, SAUBER_KH7 said:

Open for Discussion.:salute:

I edited the topic title to be more clear.

No problem, cheers.

8 hours ago, epicwinman101 said:

Id want this because of all the stock WWII footage of bombers dropping the entire payload at once.

That is already an option - the drop bomb series button.

2 hours ago, Not_A_COD_God said:

That is already an option - the drop bomb series button.

Try reading the first paragraph of the starting post......this suggestion is for selecting an exact number of bomb loadout you want on the airfield in addition to dropping an exact number or whole series/load at a time.

medal medal medal

15 hours ago, Results45 said:

Try reading the first paragraph of the starting post......this suggestion is for selecting an exact number of bomb loadout you want on the airfield in addition to dropping an exact number or whole series/load at a time.

Result... I know what this suggestion is for. I wrote it remember? I was saying that the option of dropping all at once is already available - something which I also acknowledged in my topic.

• 11 months later...

Supported

The number could be changed in the preflight screen (along fuel amount, ammo belt, bomb type, ...) but it would be nice to change it flight too but harder to implement because you would need keys to increment/decrement

Edited by ALIEN109
medal medal

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally coming in 1.101

(not in the preliminary patch notes but it is on dev server)

Unfortunately, the choices are limited

Ex for He 177 48 bombs load it's either

Edited by ALIEN109
medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

As the ability to select the number of bombs you want to drop has been added as per update 1.101 Raining Fire,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions.:salute: