8cm Raketen-Vielfachwerfer "Himmlerorgel"

Jager49283

Should it be added?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be added?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which chassis would you like to see first?

• Sd.Kfz. 4
    • Somua MCL S303(f)
    • I voted No in the first question.
    • Both

8cm Raketen-Vielfachwerfer   "Himmlerorgel"

http://www.squadron.com/v/vspfiles/photos/RD0714-2.jpg

Soon after the German commanders witnessed the effectiveness of Soviet BM-8 and BM-13 rocket launchers, they demanded a similar machine. Later, in less than a year the Panzerwerfer 42 entered service. But due to its high cost and a need for special ammunition transporters, it was not a mass-production friendly vehicle.
At the end of 1943 a new launcher system was developed in the city of Brünn(Brno), also it much more resembled it's Soviet counterparts.
The rockets retained the Soviet 82mm caliber and were fin-stabilized. In addition, the stabilizing fins were fastened to its body in a way, that the rocket made a spinning motion when fired making it more accurate.
The prototype was fitted with 4 rails bearing 96 rockets, but such a construction appeared to be too bulky. The production version retained only 2 rows of 12 guide rails each i.e. a single firing volley consisted of 48 rockets.
These machines were built in negligible quantities(though, how much, is unknown) and saw little combat. Photographic evidences show that the launchers were mounted on Sd.Kfz. 4 "Maultier" and captured French SOMUA MCG(Somua MCL S303(f)) halftracks.

Technical Specifications (Sd.Kfz. 4 variant)

Crew: 6
Weight: 8 tons
Engine: 75hp Opel 6-cylinder gasoline engine
Power-to-weight: 9,4 hp/t
Maximum speed: 40 km/h
Hull armor: 8/8/8mm
Main armament: 48 x 82mm rockets

Secondary armament: Maschinengewehr 42
Rate of fire: ?
Depression/Elevation: ?/?
Ammo carried: 48 (on the guide rails)

Spoiler

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8710/16740594578_7a21f58549_b.jpghttp://forum.valka.cz/attachments/796/34t31jn.jpghttps://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/00/b5/9f/00b59ff17c42752dfa8a08c51be112c3.jpghttp://forum.valka.cz/attachments/796/SSVielfachwerfer-2.jpghttp://forum.valka.cz/files/v2_113.jpg

Sources:

Edited by Jager49283
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 11
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Open for Discussion.:salute:

I edited your poll to comply with the guidelines.

Create polls that don't include a "Negative" or "No" answer

When adding a poll to your suggestion, make sure to ALWAYS include a negative option to a question,so it's fair and unbiased. In case this was not followed,the poll creator will be notified and the poll will be modified to provide a fair voting system.

You must be able to have a "No" option in each question as it requires a member to answer each question.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, SAUBER_KH7 said:

Open for Discussion.:salute:

I edited your poll to comply with the guidelines.

You must be able to have a "No" option in each question as it requires a member to answer each question.

And maybe an option to select "yes for both as premiums"?

medal medal medal

The "rail rocket" Somua and Hanomag should be two different suggestions as they are different in many ways.  Different performance on the halftracks, rockets are exposed in different way, rockets are set up in different heights etc. (Thus shooting from different angles etc.)

The developers will not put them in at the same time anyways. The other might become premium and the other might become special event vehicle or perhaps something for the French. (Maybe someday in the future)

I would like to see the Somua. Still the Hanomag one is OG German and would be a good fit for them as they currently don´t have any vehicles with that rocket rail system.  So yes for the 8cm Sd.Kfz. 4

raketen-vielfachwerfer-40-1.jpg.07cf3766

medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Endwarcb said:

where and what tier this thing gonna be

This is basically the German Calliope or Katyusha so.......late Tier 2 probably. :yes_yes_yes:

medal medal medal

Yes, i've come upon this article, nothing new for me though. Maybe i'll start a topic about some of those vehicles later.

I've also found some information concerning the Pz.4 rocket-launcher system. Not much is known about it, even the rocket caliber, some say its 280mm or 320mm. Some even speculate that the rockets were guided, but it's probably nonsense.

1 hour ago, Jager49283 said:

Yes, i've come upon this article, nothing new for me though. Maybe i'll start a topic about some of those vehicles later.

I've also found some information concerning the Pz.4 rocket-launcher system. Not much is known about it, even the rocket caliber, some say its 280mm or 320mm. Some even speculate that the rockets were guided, but it's probably nonsense.

How about the Calliope launcher mounted on an Sd. Kfz. 251 or the exact armor specs & elevation/depression on the raketenvielfachwerfer listed?

Also, please add "Yes for both", "Maultier chassis", "stock or premium" options to poll. 

Edited by Results45
medal medal medal

The Vielfachwerfer had been mounted on a similar contraption as that of the Panzerwerfer 42, it might had the same specifications.

About the poll: I may add "Yes for both", there is no point in the "stock or premium" poll as they will obviously make it a premium.

What about the Sd.Kfz.251 "Calliope". The launcher, was elevated by a Pak40 gun(it's end had been cut off though), was facing the right side of the halftrack and was not traversable. The depression was also very limited.

Moreover, the launcher accompanied by the gun were the heaviest things the "Hanomags" even carried.

It's not like I'm against it. The machine is just a bit too ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
Guest Fuji_go

:salute:  hello from russia

https://forum.warthunder.ru/index.php?/topic/228632-rszo-8-cm-raketen-vielfachwerfer-dlya-nemtsev-ab-rb/&

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'd like to see this. Also I want another chance to get the BM-13N, I got my last chance to get it stolen from me when I had 4 kills and a guy who was in almost every other match I was in killed me :c

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...